Thread: My PM Area?!!

My Cars
    non at the moment

My PM Area?!!

Why I can't enter my PM inbox? when ever I try to do that I get this message:
    z8bimmer, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1- Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2- If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    what's the problem? does it need number of posts too, just like Avatars?

Beside, 100 post are too many

Any help?

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Have to be registered for 7 days and have 10 posts in our forums.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    non at the moment
    Okay! thanks for your quick reply Kevlar I just joined in 08-13-2005 Istill need 3or4 days, it's a wonderful place & Hopefully I'd love to stay here for a long time, if you don't mind of course ..

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    You are more than welcome to stay here and interact with our community. You'll have to forgive our security practices as they are there to help stop unsolicited messages and SPAM from interupting the otherwise wonderful experience.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    non at the moment
    Thank you... Never mind I understand & respect your security practices .. I wish you all the best, keep up your wonderful work..
    Last edited by z8bimmer; 08-20-2005 at 02:21 PM.

My Cars
    The Lexx
    These threads with questions and answers are a great idea .... except they reduce the need to post asking the questions and therefore keep us newbies posts down which is what we are asking the questions about.

one
    Over in the Dark Zone

My Cars
    E46 325ci & Wide E36
    k

My Cars
    94 VW golf
    So why cant I edit the post I started? It saying I cant put URLs smiles or wut ever but Im not. I tried puttin my email in to help sell my buddies car who pasted away a few months ago and now its seems to be sayin that everytime even when I just wanna edit some text. He had told me bout this forum and I figured it would be a great way to sell the car, but its turning into one big hassel.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Fairly simple really ... you're not allowed to post images until you have a certain number of posts.

Your original post happened to fall into a gap where that security measure was deactived. You should be taken care of now...

My Cars
    94 VW golf
    Thanx for the help

My Cars
    E46 325ci & Wide E36
    ive been here for more thatn 7 days
    and i have well over 10 posts
    still cant PM
    do u have to update my accounT?

My Cars
    85 maserati biturbo,87 alfa romeo milano
    thanks ppl this helped

My Cars
    2000 740 IL
    It took me a few days, but I finally found this link regarding PM's. I am currently buying a part from another member, and I ended up having to post my email address in the forum in order to contact him since the PM is apparently disabled for new members. It would be helpful if this information was prominently located in the FAQ, as I did not see anything regarding this restriction. I guess I'll have to endure the SPAM so you don't have to, as there does not appear to be any other way for he and I to communicate.

My Cars
    Many in the worshop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullshark View Post
    It took me a few days, but I finally found this link regarding PM's. I am currently buying a part from another member, and I ended up having to post my email address in the forum in order to contact him since the PM is apparently disabled for new members. It would be helpful if this information was prominently located in the FAQ, as I did not see anything regarding this restriction. I guess I'll have to endure the SPAM so you don't have to, as there does not appear to be any other way for he and I to communicate.
    So you couldn't wait 7 days and post 10 useful posts?

Quite frankly you are whining, coming onto a forum and complaining about something that 99% of members have no problem with "and after your very long membership and post count " is a poor show on your behalf.

You could always try and be patient
    The church is close, but the road is icy, The pub is far, but i will walk carefully

My Cars
    2000 740 IL
    Thanks for the kind reply and for resolving my questions!! It's such a pleasure to get such warm and helpful responses from this community! You guys are the greatest!! Obviously there is no need to worry about updating the FAQ since one really only needs to find someone like you to learn most of what needs to be known about this resource and its members!

All the best,
    BS

My Cars
    2006 BMW 330i
    thanks