Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 811 RWHP / 735 RWTQ ------THE "MONSTER M3" Back in Action-----

My Cars
    2001 ZO6, 00+01 Audi S4, 99 GMC Sierra w/6" Lift

Cool 811 RWHP / 735 RWTQ ------THE "MONSTER M3" Back in Action-----

Hi Guys,

Yesterday was a hot day, 100+ in the dyno room and we managed to get 811 rwhp / 735 rwtq out of our Monster M3.

You all have seen the Monster M3 before and know what she is running...

As of right now, we are completely maxed out on our fuel system and Vic Sias (yes, The Man is in town) threw every drop of fuel at her. We are also out of tire. We had over 300lbs of additional weight we added in the trunk by way of cement filled cinder blocks and a bunch of old Mercedes batteries, the big boys, which helped keep the tire spin down. We went for more and the tires were just roasting no matter how much weight we put in the back. We first set her up with drag radials but we had clearance issues with the wheel they were mounted on due to the full size rear ST-40 Stoptech Caliper.

WE ARE GOING FOR 1000 RWHP AND WANT TO SHUT DOWN OUR DYNO with this car. In order for this to happen, we need to go wide body for more tire, huge injectors and more tuning. Yes I did take some video which will make its way into the next production. Here is the data:

We will do our best on Q&A but we are very busy and don't have much time with all that is going on over here. Several of our fellow BF members are having work performed on their rides so they obviously take priority over the forum. Have a great weekend...

Brian
    Last edited by Brian@POG; 08-05-2005 at 11:06 AM.
    - Brian Rosenberg

My Cars
    1991 M5
    that's a spicy meatball

My Cars
    '73 2002,'88 325e,'02 330Ci
    WOW! That's all I can say. What is the set up right now as far as pistons, C/R, Injectors, etc?

Congrats on getting that far, I would love to finally see a BMW street car hit a 1000 rwhp....keep up the good work
    If you're not living your life on the edge you're taking up to much space

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Helmetboy
    WOW! That's all I can say. What is the set up right now as far as pistons, C/R, Injectors, etc?

Congrats on getting that far, I would love to finally see a BMW street car hit a 1000 rwhp....keep up the good work
    Same internals as before, nothing new in the motor, fuel or turbo.
    - Brian Rosenberg

My Cars
    '99 Alpine White M3
    Ok, so tell me the truth.. you did this with my car, while its sitting there, waiting for the reconditioned Vortech and some other work to be finished.. right?

Or... was this the black M3 belonging to George's customer 'Nick'.. Not the Fla tuning Nick; the Greek one.. Oh. the fla one is also Greek.. Well, you know which one I mean...

Whosever it was. it was beastly hot yesterday...I can only imagine what it was like in the dyno room.

Im impressed as hell at the smoothness of the plots.. Plus theyre done with Zero smoothing on, and even so, theyre still smooth as silk..

You say youre maxed out on fuel.. Is that why at 4900, you jump from 11:1 to 13:1, and stay there to redline? Id think that if the you were at the peak of all fuel components, youd see a spike instead of a plateau. It looks like you plateau at 13:1 from about 5600 to 6800, but it gives no indication of wanting to be any leaner than that. Are the very very slight jaggies in the plot in the range where youre at 13:1 indicative of the relative leanness? I dont think so. With any kind of smoothing done, those slight jaggies would dial right out anyway. Im sure you wouldnt want to be any leaner than that, but the way it is, it looks fine to me. Would enough fuel to get you to 12:1 in that range increase your whp to 825whp? Probably not as likely as a 30 degree temperature drop!

Again, great result.. IT wont be long before 1k is exceeded by you guys.
    '11 AW 135i ; Sold: '99 White M3 81k mi; Dinan SC kit, 6"/3.48" sc pulleys, Aftercooler: 10.5 psi-367 SAE rwhp/304 rwftlbs @80 degrees ambient (still with OBDII manifold & stock cats); DynoTuning by Nick G (techniquetuning.com); Speed Shop: Imported Cars of Stamford; AA-Aquamist Water Injection, exhaust, clutch; Fikse FM-10s; Koni Suspension; Stealthboxes

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/boostm3/

My Cars
    95 M3
    And don't forget it has STOCK coils!!!
    Vic Sias
    95 M3 with N/A S54 about 360rwhp @ 2600lbs

[COLOR="Red"]

My Cars
    977rwhp SAE and 821
    Quote Originally Posted by paul e
    Ok, so tell me the truth.. you did this with my car, while its sitting there, waiting for the reconditioned Vortech and some other work to be finished.. right?

Or... was this the black M3 belonging to George's customer 'Nick'.. Not the Fla tuning Nick; the Greek one.. Oh. the fla one is also Greek.. Well, you know which one I mean...

Whosever it was. it was beastly hot yesterday...I can only imagine what it was like in the dyno room.

Im impressed as hell at the smoothness of the plots.. Plus theyre done with Zero smoothing on, and even so, theyre still smooth as silk..

You say youre maxed out on fuel.. Is that why at 4900, you jump from 11:1 to 13:1, and stay there to redline? Id think that if the you were at the peak of all fuel components, youd see a spike instead of a plateau. It looks like you plateau at 13:1 from about 5600 to 6800, but it gives no indication of wanting to be any leaner than that. Are the very very slight jaggies in the plot in the range where youre at 13:1 indicative of the relative leanness? I dont think so. With any kind of smoothing done, those slight jaggies would dial right out anyway. Im sure you wouldnt want to be any leaner than that, but the way it is, it looks fine to me. Would enough fuel to get you to 12:1 in that range increase your whp to 825whp? Probably not as likely as a 30 degree temperature drop!

Again, great result.. IT wont be long before 1k is exceeded by you guys.
    1k is on the way, larger injectors full slicks and more boost.

My Cars
    '99 Alpine White M3
    Quote Originally Posted by siastuning
    And don't forget it has STOCK coils!!!

Interesting. I just got a new newsletter from Bavarian Autosports (bavauto) where they are now marketing 'Hi Performance Coils', which they claim will deliver 4-7hp on a stock M3! Id like to write them and see if theyre interested in contributing their new product to the cause. LOL. For some reason, I think their 'gains' might be swallowed up by the larger result...!!

>>1k is on the way, larger injectors full slicks and more boost<<

Hey.. Where is Mert in all of this?! LOL
    '11 AW 135i ; Sold: '99 White M3 81k mi; Dinan SC kit, 6"/3.48" sc pulleys, Aftercooler: 10.5 psi-367 SAE rwhp/304 rwftlbs @80 degrees ambient (still with OBDII manifold & stock cats); DynoTuning by Nick G (techniquetuning.com); Speed Shop: Imported Cars of Stamford; AA-Aquamist Water Injection, exhaust, clutch; Fikse FM-10s; Koni Suspension; Stealthboxes

My Cars
    wide hooptie
    Congrats George, Vic and Brian. Pure insanity.

Can you guys post the turbo set up again (turbo specs, internals, exhaust if any etc)

"If you want to see misery, give people more than what they need." -C.S. Lewis

My Cars
    977rwhp SAE and 821
    Quote Originally Posted by paul e
    Interesting. I just got a new newsletter from Bavarian Autosports (bavauto) where they are now marketing 'Hi Performance Coils', which they claim will deliver 4-7hp on a stock M3! Id like to write them and see if theyre interested in contributing their new product to the cause. LOL. For some reason, I think their 'gains' might be swallowed up by the larger result...!!

>>1k is on the way, larger injectors full slicks and more boost<<

Hey.. Where is Mert in all of this?! LOL
    We up ed the boost but the tires would not hold whatsoever, I believe if the tires could hold when we turned up the boost abit easy 850-860rwhp, never mind the fuel. with larger injectors to lower the AFR on the 811rwhp pass would have gone up 30-45rwhp @ the same boost level. Nick the (GREEK) wants 1000rwhp, he shall receive it very soon. (Coming to a theatre near you) STAY TUNED.

My Cars
    M Roadster
    That's just stupid power for any car.

98 ///M Roadster - Sharked, FDK, twin Magnaflows, UUC Stage II Flywheel, OEM M5 Clutch, UUC TME Red & Enforcers, Zimmerman rotors, Cosmos CAI, ProjectorZs w DDE, 6K HIDs, fatter rubber on the corners, UUC Underdrive Pulleys, and Stewart High Performance water pump

My Cars
    Acura for now :(
    Very impressive, but that a/f seems a bit unstable for such a high-dollar setup. I think once that gets evened out and some big injectors go in it should be pure insanity.

What is the actual a/f being tuned for under boost on this setup?

Congrats!
    Nick

My Cars
    M3 M3 M3 M3 M3
    Jonsibal, was your car in a mag recently?

Wasn't there a 1200hp M5 in Scandinavia? Either way, congrats on the numbers! Cooler day, alone, will get you MUCH closer. Must be fun working on that vs. a day in the office.

|dirty | bav |

My Cars
    99 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPORTEDCARS
    We up ed the boost but the tires would not hold whatsoever, I believe if the tires could hold when we turned up the boost abit easy 850-860rwhp, never mind the fuel. with larger injectors to lower the AFR on the 811rwhp pass would have gone up 30-45rwhp @ the same boost level. Nick the (GREEK) wants 1000rwhp, he shall receive it very soon. (Coming to a theatre near you) STAY TUNED.

DAmmmmmmmm That's CRAZY
    10 GTR R35
    06 M5
    04 330i zhp
    93 318is
    99 328i (Sold)
    99 M3 Turbo (Sold)

My Cars
    1994 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian_6shot
    Jonsibal, was your car in a mag recently?

Wasn't there a 1200hp M5 in Scandinavia? Either way, congrats on the numbers! Cooler day, alone, will get you MUCH closer. Must be fun working on that vs. a day in the office.
    1250 engine hp + 350 hp shot of nitrous
    cheers, Alan

1/4 mile-12.92 @ 108.64mph-NA 3.0L m3 daily driver

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofynick6
    Very impressive, but that a/f seems a bit unstable for such a high-dollar setup. I think once that gets evened out and some big injectors go in it should be pure insanity.

What is the actual a/f being tuned for under boost on this setup?

Congrats!
    Nick
    For daily driving, the boost is dialed down for a nice 11.5-12 AFR and still dropping 675-700 all day in the heat.
    - Brian Rosenberg

My Cars
    977rwhp SAE and 821
    Quote Originally Posted by ledlum
    DAmmmmmmmm That's CRAZY
    No worries your on the way too!!!

My Cars
    Honda
    good job. Why would you still be using stock coils?

My Cars
    M3Saloon 325iC 525iT
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian@ICSPerformance
    We had over 300lbs of additional weight we added in the trunk by way of cement filled cinder blocks and a bunch of old Mercedes batteries, the big boys, which helped keep the tire spin down. We went for more and the tires were just roasting no matter how much weight we put in the back.
    : : : : :

While the rest of us are trying to reduce weight, you guys are adding it!!! You guys are SICK!!! Keep up the insanity... :
    /// Technique Tuning Stage 2 Powered /// Auto-to-Manual swap / CES Cut Ring / M50 Manifold / NGKs / VPD Oil Cooler / Aquamist / Zionsville Alloy Radiator / Fan RESTORE - SPAL DELETE/ AA Turbo Clutch / AA Lwt Flywheel / AA DSB / GC Track COs / Motorforce Camber Plates / Strong Strut / UUC Evo III / UUC RSC36 / UUC Swaybarbarians / UUC TMEs / JTD Underpanel / VDO Gauges / PLX M500 / Greddy Profec II / ZKWs / CATZ HIDs / Euro Clears / Blanton 2.93LSD Diff - Uli race proven / Radowski Diff Brace / ALL DIY!

My Cars
    99 M roadster, beater 01 A4 1.8T
    damn George, i want those numbers!!!!!!

ICS production!!!!!!
    OLD:505WHP/516WTQ Dynojet
    NOW:665WHP/638WTQ
    Eurowerkz
    PBMW mag 06/06

My Cars
    '02 M3 & '05 S4
    Holy... hell...
    '05 Audi S4 (Sold)
    '02 BMW M3
    '97 BMW 318i (Sold)

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Congratulations ICS!

That is amazing to say the least. The widebody treatment on that car is not needed, since they say sidewall is what counts and not tread width...but this being a street car, tread will help a lot!

I would just delete the rear Stoptechs for now, then throw on a set of 15" rims with full slicks just to dyno it. It is going to take a very long time to get the widebody kit on there and ready. The Swedes don't need to use them so why do we? Also, they successfully dynoed a 1520rwhp Supra on a Dynojet so I am sure the traction issue can be solved easily.

Please just put on the slicks, 1600cc injectors and make the 1000rwhp. Can't wait to see it.
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

///3oris is offline &quot;Diogenes the Cynic&quot;
    My Cars
    '96 M3 Turbo, '04 Yamaha R6
    Nice! Got some questions: how much boost, what was the ratio of pump to race fuel (or is it all race?) and finally and most importantly, which turbo?

If anything, this is a great testiment to STOCK coils. Consider this next time people tell you to upgrade

Boris
    '96 Cosmos Black M3 422rwhp/407rwtq SAE @ 13psi / 444rwhp/444rwtq SAE @ 14.5psi
    Engine/Drivetrain: Technique Tuning Stage 2 Turbo TT Turbo Exhaust, M50 Manifold, TMS Oil Baffles, SSR Comps, SPEC Stage II Clutch, UUC SSK, Titanium Cavallino Ti-130R Shift Knob, UUC TME, EMC Diff Bolt, RCCA's. Suspension: GC Coil-overs, GC RSMs, GC RTABs, GC Trans Mount; H&R SB. Instrumentation: VDO Boost, VDO Oil Press, VDO Oil Temp, VDO Water Temp, BMW Traffic Pro Navigation, Valentine One TODO: W/A Injection

My Cars
    '99 Alpine White M3
    >>Nick the (GREEK) wants 1000rwhp, he shall receive it very soon. (Coming to a theatre near you) STAY TUNED. <<

Hey.. gotta come up with new nicknames. .Nick G is Greek Also.. You greeks are taking over, I swear.. Change the name of your shop to, 'Imported GREEKS of Stamford: IGS' !!

IGS, the home of all your automotive needs. We do Front ends AND rear ends!! (hope its not in bad taste!) You igs guys know i love you anyway... who else is lucky enough to fix all my car problems!! And receive my highest recommendations...
    Last edited by paul e; 08-05-2005 at 01:38 PM.

My Cars
    Mostly Run
    That's crazy, guys...I can't wait to come down there with my family's 'new acquisition'

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast