Harrison Motorsports
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GA 400 Cameras

My Cars
    mazda miata
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstah
    That's the thing. When they install these, they will be catching everyone, not just the ones who will flip the checkbook and hand the money right over. This will increase court costs and overall time and will slow down any other court trial that is of some importance. It will overload the system.

Well if this is anything like what they have in england, they just mail you a ticket and then you pay it and get the points on your insurance.

They got you with a camera, not much to debate....

My dad got a ticket here a few months ago for going 36 in a 30 from a speed camera.

My Cars
    1992 325i / 1997 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by Want2race
    They dont work.. They had them on mythbusters and simply switching to a negative view would expose the tag as clearly as daylight.

Well that sucks...Ugh I will be sure to stay in the right lane!!!

My Cars
    E46 M3
    I didn't read all the replies but I call bs on this one..as I am surprised you are just noticing them, as they have been there for years and are only cameras and nothing else and they are all mostly used for those traffic websites you know how many law suits would arise if they were constantly zapping people on the highway with radar every 1/4 mile..lol All that an plus as long as they have been there...I havn't got any tickets..they can't even use them to record..cause if they could that one time the 7 of us bimmers and that gt2 that raced up from dunwoody to mansell and they sent the helicopters, they would have gotten every single one of us...

My Cars
    '99 E46
    www.georgia-navigator.com

There they are. A dozen or so up and down GA400 and the interstates.

I use them a decent bit to check traffic conditions in the evenings.

Silly kids...

Carter
    KOTTER

My Cars
    2K M Roady, '86 944T
    There are some states right now who just ruled red-light cameras unconstitutional. I highly doubt that we can push speeding cameras at all. Also, since we are a lazy nation, most people whould end up losing their jobs for being late all the time, because the speed limits are bogus to begin with. Yah, those cameras are probably being used for the traffic websites, but what if that ga-navagator is just a front just to cover all this up until the bill passes? But then again, who would actually call GADOT/GHP, let alone get a straight answer from them?

Jimmy, did you actually see the ticket, or did your dad tell you about it? He may have said that because he doesn't want you to speed.

Rob - 2000 BMW Z3 M Roadster | 1986 Porsche 944 5.3L LM4

My Cars
    mazda miata

Jimmy, did you actually see the ticket, or did your dad tell you about it? He may have said that because he doesn't want you to speed.

My dad drives faster and more aggressive than i do. plus his friends joke to him about it all the time so i'm pretty sure its true.

plus i only got to drive here for a month and that ended about a month ago haha.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325i (R.I.P)
    Quote Originally Posted by komodo9
    Same.
    Your car isn't fast enough to have that problem...

My Cars
    Nissan Altima Limited Ed
    You crazy kids...

These cameras were placed and positioned by America's Funniest Home videos back in 1999.

My Cars
    2011 Mustang
    Show me someone with a ticket from these 'cameras'?

They must be giving thousands of drivers tickets each day, because I don't think I've seen anyone 'drive' the speed limit on 400 since I moved here in '97.. Usually my speedy self is in the 2nd left lane doing 85 and boggling at the vehicle 'lean' all the SUVs/trucks have trying to pass each other at such speeds..

Then again my travels going North past exit 7 are extremely slim.

Too many rich folks live up 400 that like to drive their big 9 person SUV's around like sports cars.. It'll never happen (not without some serious legal debate, making the local evening news a few times, etc etc). When Cobb went live recently with intersection cameras, people were up in arms (You'd think someone took a dump in a flag and then burned it..). That's just COBB county, try that sometime in Fulton.. (Nope!)

Eibach Pro Plus kit: Shocks, springs, swaybars - Adj. Panhard bar - Eibach LCA's
    JLT CAI - Bama Tuner running 93R - 18x9 GT500 AM Wheels, 255 Sumitomo Shoes

My Cars
    '09 BMW Performance 135i
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Wha
    I doubt these use radar at all.

There's a provision in GA law limiting the use of radar on certain grades of hill. Now, the catch is, the grade of hill excluded doesn't exist on any road in the state.
    Where do you get that from?

I know lots of places that are excluded. It's a grade of 7% or greater that's excluded btw. Now, try telling a cop that though, because they tend not to care.

My Cars
    I think the police lied to you and are trying to scare you into obeying the law.

My Cars
    '09 BMW Performance 135i
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc_it
    I think the police lied to you and are trying to scare you into obeying the law.
    Seconded. It wouldn't be the first time or the last time the GHP has lied about something.

My Cars
    2005 X5 4.4is
    I remember a story about something similar a few years back.. Basicially someones favorite twisty road all of a suddon had a sign stating "camera in operation" or something like that.. Scared they called the local police department.. They said that because of all the speeding on that stretch of road they put up video cameras to hand out citations. After some further research the guy found out it was a motion activated video camera pointed towards the woods to capture deer migration.

Anyone that calls the police about unusual cameras, or such, gets the same answer.

My Cars
    Nissan Altima Limited Ed
    C'mon guys...
    the argument was over earlier and the truth was revealed in post 33.

My Cars
    '09 BMW Performance 135i
    Quote Originally Posted by adeelpowers
    C'mon guys...
    the argument was over earlier and the truth was revealed in post 33.
    But, it's entertaining to drag it out. So why you cryin?

My Cars
    Nissan Altima Limited Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Experimental M3
    But, it's entertaining to drag it out. So why you cryin?
    because, thats what I do.

My Cars
    '09 BMW Performance 135i
    Quote Originally Posted by adeelpowers
    because, thats what I do.
    Agreed.

My Cars
    Nissan Altima Limited Ed
    Agreed.

My Cars
    2K M Roady, '86 944T
    Yah, those cameras are probably being used for the traffic websites, but what if that ga-navagator is just a front just to cover all this up until the bill passes?

Rob - 2000 BMW Z3 M Roadster | 1986 Porsche 944 5.3L LM4

My Cars
    E24 633csi, E24 635csi
    these cameras have been up for years.
    400 has been offlines in parts with the ganav network for a while since contractors keep cutting the fucking cables.

for information call *368 and ask they use radar and cameras all over 400 and nearly all of atl freeways for traffic info and monitoring
    they arent zooming in on license plates to try to catch speeders.

the radar they use checks for avg speed not speed of one particular car. with the radar that high up and pointed at the angle it would have to be it wouldnt be able to pick out a single car.
    the cone would be too large to verify.
    they would have to be using lidar(laser) and have it actively seeking and pinpointing cars. which they dont.

everything is fine.
    Past: 1984 633csi / 1985 635csi / 1991 318i / 1987 325e / 1988 325is / 1986 325i / 1985 535i

My Cars
    2001 Honda S2000
    First of all they do not need traffic flow monitoring cameras EVERY QUARTER MILE! Maybe every exit or two, at most. There positioned one after another all the way down the road.

And yes, those cameras have been there for a while, but there is a bunch of new ones. I'll try to take a picture tomorrow to show how rediculous the claim of traffic monitoring cameras is (one after another).

And I doubt the GHP would flat out lie about that.

My Cars
    mazda miata
    Quote Originally Posted by komodo9
    First of all they do not need traffic flow monitoring cameras EVERY QUARTER MILE! Maybe every exit or two, at most. There positioned one after another all the way down the road.

And yes, those cameras have been there for a while, but there is a bunch of new ones. I'll try to take a picture tomorrow to show how rediculous the claim of traffic monitoring cameras is (one after another).

And I doubt the GHP would flat out lie about that.

uhm yeah, but they wouldn't put speed cameras that close together either... no reason to.

My Cars
    98 M3, 06 F-150
    Maybe they plan to use them to enforce the new bus lanes that they're setting up. The emergency lanes are being reinforced to handle marta traffic during rush hours.
    Keith
    1998 Hellrot ///M3 Coupe
    ECIS Intake,Dinan software,Rogue SSK,UUC Tranny Mounts
    X-brace,GroundControl coilovers,ZKW w/DDE Lightning Enhanced
    Clear Corners,Kumho MX,UUC Pulleys,UUC Sway Barbarians,UUC/Wilwood BBK

My Cars
    Yes
    Where do you get that from?
    A Judge I've known for about 30-some-odd years.

I know lots of places that are excluded. It's a grade of 7% or greater that's excluded btw.
    Yes, I know.

My Cars
    '04 M3 SMG, '05 Ford F150 FX4
    you guys are getting it all wrong. like stated they are all 1/4 mile apart in distance. they were added so you would have a reference when street racing. they planted them on 400 b/c its nice and straight. it gives you a starting point and stopping point. geeees dont look a gift horse in the mouth. just say thanks, and wave as you fly by. jk they have had similiar cameras on 675 for years. i thought the same at first but have never received a ticket, so my bet is because traffic starts to back up further and further and they want to be able to warn you about it on the morning news.
    -chuck

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast