Video: VS motors E34 M5 turbo, 8.83sec@quartermile

VS Motors 1129hp (+ 350 hp with nitrous) M5 turbo:
    http://hem.bredband.net/b460276/vsmo...s_widedivx.avi

My Cars
    E46 328

That car just gets faster and faster!!

My Cars
    2002 and E30 318i
    Amazing! He should put that motor in a tube frame drag car, imagine the times it would do then.

My Cars
    E46 328

My Cars
    BMW 325is Turbocharged - Jeep Cherokee 4.6L Stroke
    It is just me or I heared an Auto Tranny?
    Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

My Cars
    Turbo widebody
    Quote Originally Posted by diegom6
    It is just me or I heared an Auto Tranny?
    Cars that run that fast need Auto tranny's, I think most supras that run 9's have 2 gear auto trannys.

My Cars
    328i turbo
    I can not watch that vid enough.The anouncer says it has a powerglide .
    I about fell off my seat laughing when he said holly mackeral

Here is the big question what is faster a lenco 3speed,lenco 4speed,5 speed
    lenco or power glide.

At the nopi nationals all the big boys had lenco's.

All right I have to watch that vid one more time
    996WHP 2.8 and going nowhere fast
    . e36 4Dr with A/C and leather seats in U.S.
    www.bmwturbo328.com 9.93@152.6

My Cars
    Mostly Run
    Not enough shifts in a glide man....Go for a 5 speed lenco, and go for a wicked tall rear...

My Cars
    E34 535i TCD S3 Turbo, e46 m3
    Quote Originally Posted by Excidium28
    Cars that run that fast need Auto tranny's, I think most supras that run 9's have 2 gear auto trannys.
    street supras in the 9 run 6 speeds alot

TCD S3 Completed! 400 rwhp/455 tq. Tuned by Larry Strouth @ HP Works.
    www.Turbochargingdynamics.com
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...929post7215929 <-------Parts for sale

My Cars
    328i turbo
    Two aluminum crutches at the 6'0 setting

Mat,andrew you know why Im asking

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Excidium28
    That's not accurate. Many fast and heavy street or race cars use automatic trannys (like a Powerglide) because they are a cheap and durable solution. They also offer great consistency which is important in bracket racing.

A manual tranny will give better performance when driven well. So Ulysses, for your racecar in the build, go with a manual tranny. Please have someone take a digital photo of your face when you find out the cost :-)
    .-=[ Kenny ]=-. See the BFc Drag Racing Standings List for BMW street cars. Watch my drag racing movies on YouTube. Some info on
    BMW turbo street car Drag Racing 101

My Cars
    328i turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBlonde
    That's not accurate. Many fast and heavy street or race cars use automatic trannys (like a Powerglide) because they are a cheap and durable solution. They also offer great consistency which is important in bracket racing.

A manual tranny will give better performance when driven well. So Ulysses, for your racecar in the build, go with a manual tranny. Please have someone take a digital photo of your face when you find out the cost :-)
    I have seen used lenco's running about $4500-$6000 and some of the 3-4 speeds lencos $2000-$3500
    I would rather put the money into somthing else I have talked to 2 companys
    (transmission)about other options and will see if they pan out before I even think about a lenco,a lenco would be my very last resort just because of price.

My Cars
    Mostly Run
    How bout the lencos and everything be forgotten...Hollinger, Hewland or Xtrac sequential 6 speed straight cut box...U-man, that's a good way to gun for 'em...plus I'd kill to see something with one of those trannys running the 1320...

And yes, I'm rockin' out hardcore on these mofuggin crutches....

My Cars
    BMW 325is Turbocharged - Jeep Cherokee 4.6L Stroke
    Quote Originally Posted by DefactoM6
    Not enough shifts in a glide man....Go for a 5 speed lenco, and go for a wicked tall rear...

what is that?
    Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    How bout the lencos and everything be forgotten...Hollinger, Hewland or Xtrac sequential 6 speed straight cut box...U-man, that's a good way to gun for 'em...plus I'd kill to see something with one of those trannys running the 1320...

And yes, I'm rockin' out hardcore on these mofuggin crutches....
    Do you guys have any idea how much horsepower a Lenco uses?
    .-=[ Kenny ]=-. See the BFc Drag Racing Standings List for BMW street cars. Watch my drag racing movies on YouTube. Some info on

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    ..plus I'd kill to see something with one of those trannys running the 1320...
    Matt, all the Scandanavians I can think of use Liberty, Jericho or G Force competition boxes, so just watch one of their movies.

My Cars
    E34 535i TCD S3 Turbo, e46 m3
    damn, i thought we were keepin the new car a secret........guess not! u-man, when do we begin the project!

TCD S3 Completed! 400 rwhp/455 tq. Tuned by Larry Strouth @ HP Works.
    www.Turbochargingdynamics.com
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...929post7215929 <-------Parts for sale

My Cars
    Mostly Run
    Matt, all the Scandanavians I can think of use Liberty, Jericho or G Force competition boxes, so just watch one of their movies.
    You'd know better than I....never saw anything in their videos indicating what kinda boxes they were using...well aside from the sound...however you cut it, I still say that a sequential box would be quite trick for the track...

My Cars
    328i turbo
    Do you guys have any idea how much horsepower a Lenco uses?
    Good point Kenny I never thought about that. What Im looking for is a tranny
    That will allow any rpm launch,shifts with no clutch and and will not break
    the out put shaft. I seen the liberty trans mentioned in some articles but never looked into it.My orignal question was just trying to find what is better
    for drag, power glide or a lenco type trans or plain old automatic with trans brake and 2-3-4 or 5 speeds.Kenny I will send you a p.m. here and there
    on some technical questions.

Andrew this is a secret I never said I was building a drag car Im just curious.
    I will need a hand here and there they are pouring the concrete this week
    and the new garage should be done ahhh a 28x28 all to my self.The lift will be here in about three weeks I will not tackle any more projects till I have this,the last project kicked my ass big time(jack stands suck).

Mat good seeing you this weekend.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    You'd know better than I....never saw anything in their videos indicating what kinda boxes they were using...well aside from the sound...however you cut it, I still say that a sequential box would be quite trick for the track...
    The Swedes mostly use Liberty competition boxes, but they are all using aftermarket comp boxes in the race cars.

The sequential boxes that are great for circuit racing can not handle the power output of drag race cars, that's why the proliferation of Liberty, Jericho, G-Force, Lenco, et al.

The thing is that drag racing is all about the launch and the shifts. If you use an automatic tranny or a clutchless box .. then where's the fun?

The most boring race car would be a big block with Powerglide, two step, delay box and transmission brake. Think about the racer experience. You stage up, and then press a button when you see the first amber. End of experience.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by gol10dr1
    damn, i thought we were keepin the new car a secret........guess not! u-man, when do we begin the project!
    There are no secrets!

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by card counter
    Good point Kenny I never thought about that. What Im looking for is a tranny
    That will allow any rpm launch,shifts with no clutch and and will not break
    the out put shaft. I seen the liberty trans mentioned in some articles but never looked into it.My orignal question was just trying to find what is better
    for drag, power glide or a lenco type trans or plain old automatic with trans brake and 2-3-4 or 5 speeds.Kenny I will send you a p.m. here and there
    on some technical questions.
    The unbreakable trannies suck a lot of horsepower. That's fine when you have a 2,000-3,000 hp alcohol powered big block with 50 psi from a supercharger. But when you have a street BMW (or even a race car powered by a BMW engine) you need to think twice before throwing 200-300 hp away.

My Cars
    328i turbo
    I just got done reading up on the jericho trans and will research more later.
    I plan on using the Lil 2.8 for fun this car will be a just a little diffrent
    no cats ,A/C, interior you know all that stuff I wont feel guilty cutting and drilling this car as its a mess now so what ever I do will be a improvment.
    Basically the trans is the only area that I have not figured out what will be
    the best option.

Kenny what would you reccomend I know you like the 5 speed but I want this to be the lazy mans racer no clutch(well only on the line)

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by card counter
    I just got done reading up on the jericho trans and will research more later.
    I plan on using the Lil 2.8 for fun this car will be a just a little diffrent
    no cats ,A/C, interior you know all that stuff I wont feel guilty cutting and drilling this car as its a mess now so what ever I do will be a improvment.
    Basically the trans is the only area that I have not figured out what will be
    the best option.

Kenny what would you reccomend I know you like the 5 speed but I want this to be the lazy mans racer no clutch(well only on the line)
    Peter Hammarstrom uses the OEM gearbox to run mid to low 9 second passes, I think the BMW tranny should handle it. The items to sort out would be the clutch and the rear end.

A competition box would result in faster shifts but will eat up too much horsepower I think, not to mention render the car undriveable on the street.

You have to be careful not to turn it from a very fast street car into a very slow race car! By that I mean a 10 second street car is a thing to behold. A 9 second race car is a joke.

My Cars
    328i turbo
    10 second street car is a thing to behold. A 9 second race car is a joke.
    Good point

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast