BMW of Bloomfield
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '97 330ti...CHEAP!...7,500$ OBO

My Cars
    Former 330ti pilot.

Sold...sold....sold....

THE CAR IS SOLD!!!

1997 BMW 330ti for sale....cheap. I prefer local buyers, or someone who will pick this up.....I basically don't want to ship this car. This car is located in Charleston, South Carolina

It has a "rebuilt" title.

All parts were replaced in order to upgrade the "salvage" title to a "rebuilt" title by the State of Florida. Nothing on the title, but car fax will show this.

Reason for selling?

My wife hates everything this car stands for. The "hatch of Doom" was almost forced to leave our driveway when I bought the Lightning, but I pleaded with her to allow me to keep it...a treaty, if you will. Now that I am looking to trade the Lightning in on another car, she has torn-up the treaty agreement, so the hatch must vacate to make room for the new EVO.

"The Skinny"......

Engine:
    '95 3.0L S50 (inline 6) 113K Miles. 20K miles on M50 head (2.5L...raised compression) Dyno'd 221whp and 208 ft./lbs. On stock cams.
    21.5# injectors
    Euro 3.5" HFM (MAF)
    Active autowerkes 3.5" intake (heatsheild box)
    Active autowerkes Software
    Active Autowerkes Gen III Exhaust
    Upgraded Valve retainers
    Cooling:
    M3 Radiator
    80C thermostat
    Clutch fan removed (fan delete)
    Aux. Fan wired into the engine temp sensor (high
    speed for engine and low setting is by manual switch
    in cab.

Tranny-wise:
    Getrag tranny (not ZF unit)
    3.25 LSD from an E28 (much beefier than the small case diff)
    UUC 8.5lb Aluminum flywheel
    E34 M5 Clutch
    Steel-braided clutch line
    UUC EVOIII short-shift kit w/ weighted selecting rod
    Active autowerks weighted knob
    UUC clutch stop and pedal bushing.

Suspension:
    Z3 2.8 Steering rack (very quick)
    M3 front sway bar
    H&R springs
    Bilstein shocks
    X-brace
    E46 Rear-shock-mounts

Wheels and brakes:
    M3 Front brakes
    Axis ultimate pads
    Two sets of wheels:
    - Powdercoated 17x8" & 17x9" Forged FIKSE FM-5's on 235
    and 245 Bredgestone SO3's
    - Black-centered 18" MAS Italy's on Cooper Zeons
    A genuine, full size, M3 spare wheel-pilot sport mounted on!

Exterior: M3 Mirrors (real....not replicas!)
    M3 side skirts
    E46 M3 "styled" MAShaw front bumper (10lbs)
    M3 Side trim
    ZKW Headlights
    Clear tail lights, side markers and corners. (I also have the stock ambers I'll toss in)
    I think I still have the stock headlights (you can sell the ZKWs for 300$)

Interior:
    M3 Gauge cluster
    '98 sedan dash with 18 button OBC and digital climate control
    '99 M3 steering wheel
    armrest from unkown model
    M3 Door sill trim
    3-piece aftermarket guages (mounted below computer)
    ----Water temp, oil pressure, and Volts
    ZR3 Laser "shifter" is hardwired in so I am leaving it in
    ***(The V-1 radar detector is coming out, though, sorry.)
    Standard 318ti interior other than what was stated (dove cream/beige/tan whatever it is)

Audio/ICE/VIDEO:
    Alpine head unit (flip-down/detachable...I don't know crap about audio)
    Stock speakers...not that great, but not a big priority for this car.

Extras:
    WOW!!Heavy Tint all-around.
    New-in-box- clutch slave Cylinder
    NIB- rear subframe bushings
    NIB- Carrier bearing

Other modifications:
    Battery relocated to the rear.
    A/C has been removed. YES...NO A/C ...OMFG!!!!
    Ful interior!!!

Ther are some things I probably left out so ask away.

Anyways...
    I drove this car to Texas and back, twice. Florida, Jersey, etc. It's an awesome freeway flyer as well as an autox'er. It loves to be driven.

What it needs:
    -The window regulators are acting-up. I didn't feel like messing with them so the door trim is off and I push them up/down manually.
    -There is a short in the brake lights that started last week. I don't have time to chase down the pest. The rear lights work, but the brakes likes don't (third brake does, however).

This car is not 100% perfect....no way. Running condition is awesome, but it has it's little quirks as far as what was stated above.

That's it. It's ready to rock.

I am just looking to sell this and my truck and get back down to one, all-purpose car.

7,500$ OBO.

Kiley

Last edited by kiley_sean; 11-07-2009 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Remove phone number

My Cars
    '01 Sentra SE w/PP SR20DE 5-speed
    WOW! This beast should sell QUICK! I wish I was in a position to buy, freakin' awesome! I'd hook the AC back up though; I'm a pansy. Bump for an awesome deal!

My Cars
    02 white m3
    wow, that sounds like an ill deal for anyone on here. let me try and convince pino to get this.

My Cars
    '92 318ic
    Is it located in Fort Worth right now? Very very interested.

My Cars
    tree-ate-een-tee-eye
    OH MAN! GOOD PRICE!
    If I were looking for a car and I was around your area I'd go for it.
    Looks nice.
    Good luck on the sale.
    TI represent! lol

-Randy
    Straights are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers. -97 Schwarz II Black 318ti Sport- Goodtimes 318ti -99 TiAg Dinan 323is -13 Scion FRS 10 Series

Now Featuring: Hartge Exhaust, 325is Vented brakes with Goodridge SS lines, clear fronts/sidemarkers (1/2 mod), Blacked out kidney grilles, Bilstein Sports with H&R Sports, E46 RSMs w/ Z3 reinforcement plates, OEM E46 M68 17" rims, 18x8.5 Hartge Classics,Gen IV DEPOs w/ 4500k HIDs and city lights
    Coming soon:IF YOU HAVE A 318TI SPORT FS IN SOCAL, TELL ME!...DASCed 2.1 maybe?...or the new car mod...ALL IN ONE CAR!

My Cars
    Former 330ti pilot.
    Thanks, guys. I am glad that others see it for what it is. I wish I could give you all some test drives, cause this thing is point & shoot! Gives my Lightning a good run after 60mph.

Syko: Sorry, I need to state that in my thread. I am in Charleston, S.C.
    My parents live in Ft. Worth and I travel there once or twice a year.
    Kiley- '05 MR

My Cars
    '92 318ic
    Quote Originally Posted by kiley_sean
    Syko: Sorry, I need to state that in my thread. I am in Charleston, S.C.
    My parents live in Ft. Worth and I travel there once or twice a year.

Damn I want this car.

My Cars
    M3-less
    Where is this car at right now? (Edit: answered my question a minute ago)I'm very interested and have cash in hand. How many miles (if known) are on the chassis?

Also, can you post more pictures of the engine bay, front dash and seats, rear hatch and seats, etc.
    Current: looking
    Past: 2012 BMW 318d Touring M-Sport, 05' Lotus Elise, 08' VW GTI, 99' Apline White M3, 95' 318ti

My Cars
    Former 330ti pilot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralliart
    Where is this car at right now? (Edit: answered my question a minute ago)I'm very interested and have cash in hand. How many miles (if known) are on the chassis?

Also, can you post more pictures of the engine bay, front dash and seats, rear hatch and seats, etc.
    It's in Charleston, S.C.

It has less than 113k on the body. I believe somewhere in the neighborhood of 80-90K. I''l check on that.

Give me a bit to find those pics. Most of the pics I have are during it's reconstruction days and such....to show progress. I'll find some for you.

I orginally bought this car from a friend (Gene_Tinik) back in '02. It was his wrecked '95 M3 that went into this hatch. He started the conversion, and I did alot to get it where it is today.
    Kiley- '05 MR

My Cars
    turbo NSX
    interested in high res/interior pics...

scorp965 (at) gmail (dot) com

My Cars
    M3-less
    It's in Charleston, S.C.

It has less than 113k on the body. I believe somewhere in the neighborhood of 80-90K. I''l check on that.

Give me a bit to find those pics. Most of the pics I have are during it's reconstruction days and such....to show progress. I'll find some for you.

I orginally bought this car from a friend (Gene_Tinik) back in '02. It was his wrecked '95 M3 that went into this hatch. He started the conversion, and I did alot to get it where it is today.
    Yep, I followed this car back in the DTM Power days when Gene was building it. Back then I had a 95' 318ti and dreamed of owning your car. These days I actually have the resources to make that a reality. When do you need it sold by, I won't have a free weekend to pick it up until the middle of July. However, my company (Bosch) does have a plant in Charleston that I have been meaning to visit .
    Past: 2012 BMW 318d Touring M-Sport, 05' Lotus Elise, 08' VW GTI, 99' Apline White M3, 95' 318ti

My Cars
    '92 318ic
    I've wanted this car since Gene owned it. You should visit your family and sell it to me while here, do it, do it now.

My Cars
    Former 330ti pilot.
    Yep, I followed this car back in the DTM Power days when Gene was building it. Back then I had a 95' 318ti and dreamed of owning your car. These days I actually have the resources to make that a reality. When do you need it sold by, I won't have a free weekend to pick it up until the middle of July. However, my company (Bosch) does have a plant in Charleston that I have been meaning to visit .
    Dang, dude...I live right down the road (2 miles) from that Bosch plan!

Yeah, I talk to Gene every once and awhile...he's kind of out of the bimmer stuff. I remember meeting him when I picked-up tranny-swap parts for my 318is....I saw the hatch there in the driveway (I drooled). 1 year to the date, he trailored it up to me from Florida.

Unfortunaly, I have to sell it fairly quick. If I had until mid-July, I would fix the windows, brake lights,any other quirk and sell for a better price. If it is still here, though, it's all yours.

Is that you car in the avatar? I think I remember that pic from Umnitza's site. If It is, it reminds me alot of how the ti looks like from the front.
    Last edited by kiley_sean; 06-30-2005 at 10:15 PM.
    Kiley- '05 MR

My Cars
    Former 330ti pilot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syko
    I've wanted this car since Gene owned it. You should visit your family and sell it to me while here, do it, do it now.
    I am visiting them next month, but my wife WILL NOT RIDE in this car without A/C. I have already tried that because I love driving th ehatch on the freeway, but it's a big no-go. The truck guzzels too much gas, so I have no choice but to find a different means of transportation.

"NO more BMW's" was what the wifey said (after I bought my 4th one), so I gotta lay low. She will forget about this whole bimmer thing in a year or two, and I will be back into 2002tii's or S50-powered E30's.

Little does she know that the innocent car we looked at this weekend (EVO MR) is capable of scaring her just as bad as the hatch did!!! She thinks it's "cute"!!!

Give me a few minutes, fellas. I don't have hardly any pics of the interior (I am not a big interior freak), so I have to dig-up this disc that Gene gave me with all of his pics. The interior stayed the same.

**EDIT*** These are Genes old pics, but the only thing that changed is that the OEM radio was replaced with a new Alpine head unit, AA knob, and the 6-disc CD module was removed (was never hooked-up innitially, but I will throw the disc changer back in the trunk) Other than that...the interior stayed the same.

Last edited by kiley_sean; 06-30-2005 at 10:35 PM.

My Cars
    M3-less
    Dang, dude...I live right down the road (2 miles) from that Bosch plan!
    That's cool. They make the Fuel Pump, Rails, and injectors for my customer, Duramax.

Yeah, I talk to Gene every once and awhile...he's kind of out of the bimmer stuff. I remember meeting him when I picked-up tranny-swap parts for my 318is....I saw the hatch there in the driveway (I drooled). 1 year to the date, he trailored it up to me from Florida.

Unfortunaly, I have to sell it fairly quick. If I had until mid-July, I would fix the windows, brake lights,any other quirk and sell for a better price. If it is still here, though, it's all yours.

Is that your car in the avatar? I think I remember that pic from Umnitza's site. If It is, it reminds me alot of how the ti looks like from the front.
    My current car is in my signature. My previous car is in the avatar.

Could you go in to more detail about some of the quirks? ie, is it the window switches that need to be replaced or the motor mechanism? Brake lights are broke just because of a short somewhere? Any other "quirks"? How is the body: dents, scratches, etc? Are the Fikse's in good condition?

Sorry about all the questions, but, I figure this is good information for any potential buyer. (including me)

My Cars
    Former 330ti pilot.
    Could you go in to more detail about some of the quirks? ie, is it the window switches that need to be replaced or the motor mechanism? Brake lights are broke just because of a short somewhere? Any other "quirks"? How is the body: dents, scratches, etc? Are the Fikse's in good condition?

Sorry about all the questions, but, I figure this is good information for any potential buyer. (including me)
    You bring up some good points.

The window regulators (the 'arms',) are bent. I replaced the drive's side regulator a year ago, but it went off-track and the motors are too insenstive to just "stop pushing" so the tin foil of a regulator is bent again. I pulled the passenger side trim off and inspected it's too, and gosh dang was it bent, too, and I shouldn't have tried to re-bend it because it never went-up again (about a month ago)

They are about 85$ from alloembmwparts, but I just don't have time to replace them. The motors, windows are fine. The door trim was left off.

The brake lights went out last week (kind of the straw that broke the camel's back). The bulbs are fine, the fuse is in place, but I suspect the slot (or whatever you would call it) in the fuse box is shot. I don't want to mess with that since I am a "nut and bolts" kind of guy. Sad, that little things like this, which were no big deal to my buddy (electrician), are what pushes me to let it go....taht and the wifey.

Other quirks? The climate control is screwy at times. It will come on...then out of nowhere will turn off. It's been doing this for about a month. Since I have no A/c, I didn't worry about it, but the blower motor will indeed come in handy for winter months.

Dents and scrathes? None that werern't here when I bought it. There is a good amount of chipping on the front-end (highway), and just minor scratches all over (nothing unusual for a black car with this mileage). No big dents or scratches if that is the question. It's actually kind of funny, since my Lightning got keyed about 2 weeks after I bought it, but the bimmer has never been vandolized the past 2 years. Who would have thought a vandol would skip over a bimmer to key a Ford!!!

Also, the front bumper cover (M.A. Shaw) has a crack dead-center at the bottom.

The Fikse wheels are in great shape. Anyone who has ever put an aftermarket valvestem on a 8" Fikse FM5 can attest, they don't clear the center section and will break off. I learned this the hard way. One front stem broke, while the other leaked about a week later. The set is upstairs. I contacted Fikse and they are awaiting my reply with the serial# for the correct valve stems (3$). The rear's (9") are fine with any valve stems, but the fronts need special, short stems to clear the center pieces.

Anywasy, the 18" MAS Sagittas are mounted on the car right now. I bent one a year ago (straightened by CMT's place) but I still have some wobbling. One of them is bent again (wobbling at certain speeds).

I guess if no one got the jist yet....this isn't a "show car" by any means. It's a runner. While others would have worked on interior bits, I chose to upgrade the driveline, cooling, suspension....overall driveability/performance aspect of this car. Had I known back then that I would be selling this beast, I would have spent more time waxing it and keep every little LED shining.
    If I had to make a list for every maintenance part, bearing, or bushing I replaced, it would trump the aforementioned list. Alloembmwparts makes it's business off of me.

If you are looking for a perfect daily driver with all the amenities, this is not it. I drove it daily, but I am a "function over form" kind of guy. If you want A/C, a soft and quiet ride, and something with show quality paint, don't bother.

If you have any questions, you can call me at (843) 819-4331

Kiley
    Last edited by kiley_sean; 06-30-2005 at 11:24 PM.
    Kiley- '05 MR

My Cars
    '05 S2K '97 M3
    Why the salvage title?

My Cars
    Former 330ti pilot.
    Quote Originally Posted by B17A
    Why the salvage title?
    Front-end damage. It has been inspected and given a "rebuilt" status by the Florida DMV (has decal on the door sill, below the build info.)
    Kiley- '05 MR

My Cars
    E36, E46
    Kiley, will you sell the Fikse's separate?
    '99 Estoril Blue + Dove Grey ///M3 coupe
    '04 Jet Black + Cinnamon ///
    M3 coupe

My Cars
    Former 330ti pilot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitolo
    Kiley, will you sell the Fikse's separate?
    If it comes down to subtracting the fikse for the sale, yeah. Just for you, dude!!
    Kiley- '05 MR

My Cars
    Former 330ti pilot.
    It says "7,500$ OBO", so I am open to any offers.
    Kiley- '05 MR

My Cars
    1993 325 is
    Im very intrested, what's the 1/4 mile time on it?

My Cars
    1985 Toyota Corolla, stock honda in a CRG
    wish the car was local to me!

goodluck!

whoever buys it oughta be pretty lucky
    "When in doubt, throttle"

www.falkentire.com
    www.speedhunters.com

My Cars
    Former 330ti pilot.
    Quote Originally Posted by idrive94318i
    Im very intrested, what's the 1/4 mile time on it?
    I have never taken it to the 1/4 mile (none too close). It should be good for high 13's or better if you get good 60ft. times.

Thanks for the compliments, F Dogg.

Anyone is welcome to make offers. Locals, I am off the next few days so if you wanna come by and look at it, you are more than welcome. Might be able to make you an "offer you can't refuse"!!!

If it sounds like I need to sell this car quick, you are correct in your assumptions. It needs to move.
    Last edited by kiley_sean; 07-01-2005 at 03:34 PM.
    Kiley- '05 MR

My Cars
    E36, E46
    If it comes down to subtracting the fikse for the sale, yeah. Just for you, dude!!
    sweet, let me know dude. As long as they are in good condition, ill take em.

Someone buy this car, its a deal! Perfect autox/track car
    '99 Estoril Blue + Dove Grey ///M3 coupe
    '04 Jet Black + Cinnamon ///
    M3 coupe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast