Thread: Hi, I am new here

My Cars
    2015 435i ZHP

Hi, I am new here

So I am going to be joining the Bmw owers on Thursday. I'm picking up a 2000 Z3 M. I only paied 14500 for it. I am so happy. This is my dream car and I am getting it just before I turn 20. Can life get any better? Since the car has high miles just over 100,000 what should be the 1st thing I sould do to the car, I was thinking about a dinan stage one Suspension System or just save up for the Signature Series Program Dinan S-M kit. what do you think??
    Thanks for the help, and when I get the car ill post some pics.
    Chris
    Last edited by 2000Z3M; 06-17-2005 at 08:15 PM. Reason: miss spelt some stuff

My Cars
    '00 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000Z3M
    So I am going to be joining the Bmw owers on Thursday. I'm picking up a 2000 Z3 M. I only paied 14500 for it. I am so happy. This is my dream car and I am getting it just before I turn 20. Can life get any better? Since the car has high miles just over 100,000 what should be the 1st thing I sould do to the car, I was thinking about a dinan stage one Suspension System or just save up for the Signature Series Program Dinan S-M kit. what do you think??
    Thanks for the help, and when I get the car ill post some pics.
    Chris
    1. Welcome and congratulations
    2. Pics or ban
    3. Dinan is $$$. for the price, visit tckline.com
    4. Pics or ban

My Cars
    No more BMWs :(
    Congrats! Great deal. Is it a Coupe ( ) or a Roadster ( )?? (j/k kidding guys!

The mileage is not a problem, but I think you should put aside some time and money to have the rear subframe checked, as well as the cooling system (Water pump and radiator expansion tank are weak spots). Change out the tranny and diff fluids to Redline, and do the V-belts and spark plugs and fuel filter while your at it.

You won't get a lot of support for Dinan stuff here. I've been here long enough to know most of us advocate buying suspension and perfomance components separately, rather than buying over-priced and under-performing Dinan parts.
    997 Carrera 2S..the choice of 2 out of 3 Top Gear presenters.

My Cars
    2015 435i ZHP
    How do I had a pic?

My Cars
    '00 Z3-2.8L Roadster, '01BMW 330i & '01Tacoma 4WD

Talking

You can load up photos from your computer, via the button below onthe reply message. It is called "Manage Attachments"
    Just follow the directions.

Good luck!
    Ciao! - - Nathan

2000-2.8L Z3 StahlGrau Roadster, #65 - SM2 and a 2007 335i (BONE STOCK!)
    BMWCCA Tejas Chapter & iZ3 Project Coordinator for the San Antonio Area.
    FEAR MY TWO SEATER!!!!!!!
    Hello, I'm a MOD-A-HOLIC, check out my site to see my addictions! www.z3power.net

Member Since May 30, 2002

My Cars
    2015 435i ZHP

My Cars
    E36 M3, E39 M5, C4S, 8V.
    Nice looking ride!!!! Looks perfect!!!!

I am with everyone else here on the Dinan parts. A lot of money for those items!

Riaz

My Cars
    1997 Alpine White M3
    Another Chris...

Welcome to the forums, the car's paint looks flawless for its age. Congratulations on the purchase. I agree with John, (islands52) and check those things he's mentioned.

Also, I echo the sentiments above about Dinan stuff. I've had a Diana CAI and chip on my old car and while I was satisfied with it, I would not have bought it if it didn't come with the car when I got it. They're very pricey and there are better options out there (JC Conforti is a particularly popular alternative, and I'm in that boat)

My Cars
    S52 M Roadster, WRX,
    Quote Originally Posted by SexualChocolate
    Nice looking ride!!!! Looks perfect!!!!

I am with everyone else here on the Dinan parts. A lot of money for those items!

Riaz
    close, but no perfect.... yet. Get some clear corners and get rid of those orange bumper lights.

1. check the rear subframe
    2. double check the cooling system (radiator end tanks, water pump, thermostat housing)
    3. suspension can be done a few different ways depending on what you want to do to the car and what you want to spend.
    -Jason

Weekend Car

'99 Boston Green M Roadster - intake, M50 manifold, schrick cams, magnaflow exhaust, TCK D/A Coilovers 500/600, RD front bar, ltw flywheel & clutch, harddog rollbar, schroth harnesses, zionsville radiator, S54 oil cooler, stewart pump, etc ..... ~245rwhp

My Cars
    S52 M Roadster, WRX,
    Quote Originally Posted by 6i9
    there are better options out there (JC Conforti is a particularly popular alternative, and I'm in that boat)
    I'm in the boat of custom
    -Jason

Weekend Car

'99 Boston Green M Roadster - intake, M50 manifold, schrick cams, magnaflow exhaust, TCK D/A Coilovers 500/600, RD front bar, ltw flywheel & clutch, harddog rollbar, schroth harnesses, zionsville radiator, S54 oil cooler, stewart pump, etc ..... ~245rwhp

My Cars
    1997 Alpine White M3
    Quote Originally Posted by JBgotM
    I'm in the boat of custom
    Blah blah blah

BTW Jason, how's the HID project coming along?

/hijack

My Cars
    S52 M Roadster, WRX,
    Quote Originally Posted by 6i9
    Blah blah blah

BTW Jason, how's the HID project coming along?

/hijack
    they are in and running with a pretty good harness, but its not really complete yet, I need new DDE rings and have to get back in there, and may pretty things up a little. I will put more details ina new thread a little later.
    -Jason

Weekend Car

My Cars
    1997 Alpine White M3
    Sounds cool, I'd like to see how they turned out

My Cars
    MANY TO LIST
    Nice, congrats, very good price, then again I paid, $15k, 42k miles.
    No Dinan, I was going to get all that expensive stuff too. Search and you'll find very good stuff at better prices.
    My favorite stores are bimmerworld, HMS, and Bavarian.
    Check the rear first thing in the morning.
    Road racing addict.

Juker008 don't send pm soliciting or advertising, against forum rules!!

My Cars
    Metal on wheels
    Welcome to the forum
    Nice car and great price!

The first upgrade should be the driver. As this car has a lot of power, and the rear can get squirrelly very quickly. Get used to your new car, get to know it, how it handles and steers, brakes and accerlerates. If your tires are bad, get new ones and don't buy the cheapest ones you can get. Remember, the only thing between you and the road, are those four patches and the faster you go the more you will be asking them to perform to keep you on the road. After your fluid changes, I would do the sub frame bushings then get used to that feeling. Once you have done that and if you have any cash left, do as you can afford.
    Just remember, the rear of the car will break away from you very quickly...sometimes in more ways then one!
    (check your rear truck floor for cracking/separation & diff mount)