Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crown Vic > R32 > e46 M3

My Cars
    00 BMW M5, 06 IS350

Crown Vic > R32 > e46 M3

So, a few nights ago, i let my friends drive my car (r32). I drove the 530 and was driving behind them. As we get off a red light, I see an M3 turning onto our lane, i speed a bit to catch up to my friends in my r32 and tell them that there is an m3 coming up and they should slow down. Anyway, a few minutes later, the m3 catches up and we all line up at a red light. The guy in the m3 comments on the r32, saying that he had one and traded it in for the m3 (because m3 was his dream car). He comments that the r32 is fast. Anyhow, he saw me on the third lane and told me that both cars were nice, my friend had already told the guy that the r32 wasnt his but mine. We ask to race and we wait for the light to turn green. Once it turns green, both cars take off, with the r32 ahead and the m3 having trouble catching. The m3 lets off before he even gets into second gear. We caught up to light 2 of 3 and they line up again. At this time, im right behind them. I hear both cars revving up, and once the light turns, both cars go. The r32 gets instant car or so, and by the end of second into third was about 2 cars in front of the m3. At this point, m3 slows down. They try it from a roll this time, nd they start at around 20mph, my friend drops it into second gear and the m3 drops it too, but the r32 gets an awesome lurch infront of the m3 and starts pulling instantly. The m3 driver stopped trying after that. They did a light run one more time and the r32 won again by two car lengths up to third gear ~60mph. At this point, i look behind me and i see this car speeding. Damn, it had lights on its roof, i knew that it was a cop car. The cop gets in front of the two cars and pulls them over. The m3 guy almost tried turning around to flee but there were two other cop cars coming down the street. I was allowed to pass them as i saw my car sitting on the side, not knowing what was going to happen to it. I go to my gf's house and wait there for a few minutes till my friend calls me up and tells me that they allowed him to take the car back and they are giving him a ticket for 20 over and drag racing. The m3 and the r32 go separate ways. We meet up and leave together towards my house. On the way, i saw the m3 parked at a restaurant. We go to the restaurant to talk to the guy and figure out our stories. They talk and then we talked about the cars.

He drove the r32 and ran a 14.1 stock at the track with it. He ran a 13.6 stock with the m3 at the track. He asked me if i was stock, and i told him what i had, and he then said, "thats why your car was faster than mine" (then his ex-r32). He has just a short shifter in his car, but when i looked at it outside, it seemed as if he had a cf hood with some kind of ducts or something towards the sides.

nice runs and im happy to have my car back.

Peter

.:2000 BMW M5 - Black /// LED taillights, AFE Cold Air Intake w/ bumper ducts, CF Grill, MKIV Nav + Screen, SS Magnum Exhaust, Proj39 AE Xenon HeadLights

My Cars
    Bimmer
    Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    So, a few nights ago, i let my friends drive my car (r32). I drove the 530 and was driving behind them. As we get off a red light, I see an M3 turning onto our lane, i speed a bit to catch up to my friends in my r32 and tell them that there is an m3 coming up and they should slow down. Anyway, a few minutes later, the m3 catches up and we all line up at a red light. The guy in the m3 comments on the r32, saying that he had one and traded it in for the m3 (because m3 was his dream car). He comments that the r32 is fast. Anyhow, he saw me on the third lane and told me that both cars were nice, my friend had already told the guy that the r32 wasnt his but mine. We ask to race and we wait for the light to turn green. Once it turns green, both cars take off, with the r32 ahead and the m3 having trouble catching. The m3 lets off before he even gets into second gear. We caught up to light 2 of 3 and they line up again. At this time, im right behind them. I hear both cars revving up, and once the light turns, both cars go. The r32 gets instant car or so, and by the end of second into third was about 2 cars in front of the m3. At this point, m3 slows down. They try it from a roll this time, nd they start at around 20mph, my friend drops it into second gear and the m3 drops it too, but the r32 gets an awesome lurch infront of the m3 and starts pulling instantly. The m3 driver stopped trying after that. They did a light run one more time and the r32 won again by two car lengths up to third gear ~60mph. At this point, i look behind me and i see this car speeding. Damn, it had lights on its roof, i knew that it was a cop car. The cop gets in front of the two cars and pulls them over. The m3 guy almost tried turning around to flee but there were two other cop cars coming down the street. I was allowed to pass them as i saw my car sitting on the side, not knowing what was going to happen to it. I go to my gf's house and wait there for a few minutes till my friend calls me up and tells me that they allowed him to take the car back and they are giving him a ticket for 20 over and drag racing. The m3 and the r32 go separate ways. We meet up and leave together towards my house. On the way, i saw the m3 parked at a restaurant. We go to the restaurant to talk to the guy and figure out our stories. They talk and then we talked about the cars.

He drove the r32 and ran a 14.1 stock at the track with it. He ran a 13.6 stock with the m3 at the track. He asked me if i was stock, and i told him what i had, and he then said, "thats why your car was faster than mine" (then his ex-r32). He has just a short shifter in his car, but when i looked at it outside, it seemed as if he had a cf hood with some kind of ducts or something towards the sides.

nice runs and im happy to have my car back.

Peter
    Nice story, it always sucks to see those little lights in your mirror, knowing you are screwed. I am curious as to why the M3 could not catch your R32. I know they are fast, but I did not think they could hold off an E46 after first gear (from my encounter). I also commend you for letting your buddy race your car with you watching!
    2004 M3-Titanium Silver/Cinnamon-6MT
    2019 GTI Rabbit Edition-Urano Gray/Cloth-6MT

My Cars
    e46 M3 ~ 2001
    Well, good story... But I creamed the R32 I raced...
    I think all he had was an intake, it seemed abnormally high pitch.

My Cars
    99’ M3
    yeah good race...but i have a hard time believeing the outcome...a kill is a kill though

My Cars
    00 BMW M5, 06 IS350
    oh trust me, i was behind and was expecting the m3 to start pulling. I was looking at the light beems to see which one seemed to be ahead, and the M3 never came in front of the r32. I then asked my friends, and they were like, holy ..... this car is quick. They are really good drivers too, i wouldn't have let them drive my car otherwise.

im taking the car to the track tonight, and hopefully coming home with some good times. we will see. Expecting to run anywhere from 13.2-13.6 tonight! I'm gonna get it on tape too!

peter

.:2000 BMW M5 - Black /// LED taillights, AFE Cold Air Intake w/ bumper ducts, CF Grill, MKIV Nav + Screen, SS Magnum Exhaust, Proj39 AE Xenon HeadLights

My Cars
    Infiniti 37Xs sedan

/...

I can say it was drivers error. Knowing from driving both cars, a e46 should really have no trouble pulling on a R32, maybe a little tougher with your mods but still i feel that the M3 should of pulled away...But hey its a street race and anything can happen... A WIN IS A WIN>. good race

My Cars
    2003 330xi
    Looks like he was always in low RPM and wasnt getting the M3 to where it does its magic (high rpms).

I hear for an NA car R32 responds pretty well to chip/intake/exhaust but no way its gonna make up the 93HP difference between the two. And dont both cars weigh about 3400lbs?

My Cars
    97 mustang cobra
    Dude, peter, either the guy in the E46 M3 didn't know what he was doing or your full of shit. Nick raced you in my car, completly not knowing how to drive it and was faster then you. I've raced E46 M3's before and other then off the line they pull me everytime on the top or from a roll. Look at the stats of the cars, power to weight and 1/4 mile times and just plain common sense and experiance tell a far different story here. The R32 is a nice car and not without its merits but come on, its not gods gift to straight line performance. Of course the only factor that I touched on earlier is driver skill but m3's are fairly easy to drive fast.

My Cars
    E39 528i Sport
    ....the plot thickens.....
    Quote Originally Posted by ohnoes View Post
    I admit when I'm wrong, which is pretty rarely.

My Cars
    1995 M3
    An E46? You sure it wasnt a E36. That would make the story more believable

My Cars
    97 BMW 750IL, 03 Cobra,
    Quote Originally Posted by TAMUmpower
    An E46? You sure it wasnt a E36. That would make the story more believable
    that or it was 328I with M3 badge and some M3 body kit.

My Cars
    00 BMW M5, 06 IS350
    Quote Originally Posted by boo396
    Dude, peter, either the guy in the E46 M3 didn't know what he was doing or your full of shit. Nick raced you in my car, completly not knowing how to drive it and was faster then you. I've raced E46 M3's before and other then off the line they pull me everytime on the top or from a roll. Look at the stats of the cars, power to weight and 1/4 mile times and just plain common sense and experiance tell a far different story here. The R32 is a nice car and not without its merits but come on, its not gods gift to straight line performance. Of course the only factor that I touched on earlier is driver skill but m3's are fairly easy to drive fast.
    FASTER THAN ME?!??!?!?!?! If ur friend is a man and he wants to run me, ill be free tomorrow and we can get your car on tape against my r32. Seriously, i am calling you out right now. I know for a fact my car beat ur cobra and we can do it again. We will get it on video, a fair run from a stop (like real races are) and we can post it here so everyone can see who is lying. Don't listen to all ur friend says because he is a fake.

BTW NICK has been driving stick (according to him for over 5 years, ive been driving stick for what... 7 months at that time). Don't add the, "he didnt know how to drive ur car because he has had more experience than me." Oh and btw, he has taken your car out many times, so it wasn't his first time. And the way he beats on it, i don't doubt one day u will find it in a ditch or being towed. Real friend to beat on ur car. Oh btw, that last time i drove with him to get you guys food, guess who paid, yes me... because ur friend didn't have the cash on him. Did he pay me back, no. Did i get a thank you from the guys at ur work, of course not, because again, ur friend gets all the credit.

your friend nick(nenad) didn't tell you how he wouldnt run me from a stop with your car(97 cobra). He tried once, and I instantly pulled car lengths on him and he instantly stopped. Guess the car was either too powerful for the kid or he isn't as great of a driver as he claims to be. And almost everytime we ran from low mph ranges, i would instantly get a car or two on him. Of course not, because he always likes to 'mold' stories they way he wants them to be. Or like the time he test drove the s60r for the full day and went around telling everyone he beat me in it, even though he knew he hadnt, and it wasn't till he actually gave up on that car that he told me he was amazed that he lost to my r32. The only time that we stayed even with the r32 and your cobra was only whenever we ran at higher mph. Regardless, i never said that the r32 was faster than the m3. Maybe the guy wasn't a good driver. But a win is a win.

Btw, why was your friend nenad afraid to race his e46 m3 with my R32 from a stop? He ran me once, which i bogged the launch and he pulled on me. Every other time he said that it doesnt matter because the m3 is faster and doesn't want to waste his time. He also explained how a real race is from a roll, not from a stop. I'll confess, the kid doesn't shut up. So i just told him that he killed me just so i can shut him up, though everyone else knew the truth. I'm not saying anything that the m3 will not eat me alive after 50mph or so, but from a stop, i can hold one off for a few seconds. He's a real character.

please. i know the difference between an e36 and an e46. Thats like saying whats the difference between a 97 cobra and a 03+ cobra. uncomparable.

anyhow, this thread got out of hand, because jaguars4r had to interrupt again and get his friends to come post on my thread. Immaturity plays a big role in this kid's life and instead of getting locked, i think someone should get a time out. I came here not to start trouble, or to give disrespect to any bmw's, ive got one and now looking to buy a 540sport or e46 m3 soon.

Peter

My Cars
    02' 325i
    an R32 with chip, intake and opened exhaust will not pull on a E46 M3 here or on mars.

I mean i love the car....but its not in the M3 league with those mods

My Cars
    97 BMW 750IL, 03 Cobra,
    Quote Originally Posted by E46///325I BMW
    an R32 with chip, intake and opened exhaust will not pull on a E46 M3 here or on mars.

I mean i love the car....but its not in the M3 league with those mods

hey, I killed him in the rain too

My Cars
    97 mustang cobra
    Nick you have permission to run him tomorrow, you know were my car is, feel free to pick it up. Film crews standbuy chump. If anyone has an M3 that wants in i'll put my fucking pink slip on the fact that peter will get eaten alive by an E46. Of course that is as long as corkys not driving. I've owned VW's for years, now all the sudden theres a bunch of ricer retards driving them? This is like all the losers with the civics that beat m3s, porsches, and vipers with there mad tight AEM air filters and coffee cans.

Oh, even better, meet me at my work tomorrow, i'll race you up to under 30mph above legal limit (to avoid reckless like your dumbass) from a stop. Leave your excuses at home, i've got a digi sitting in the glovebox that shoots video so when I mop your ass you won't claim technical difficulties posting it. Great, nick beats on my car, so do I. Its American cold steel, it likes it rough, just the way your mother likes it.
    Last edited by boo396; 06-16-2005 at 02:08 AM.

My Cars
    00 BMW M5, 06 IS350
    And lets not even get started with jaguars4r's 750, which i easily annihilated from a stop and from a roll over and over again, by many bus lengths, and his excuse was why did u start slowing down, i was catching up. After 100mph, i don't think its safe racing any higher, especially when my car is light years ahead. His excuse, wait till i get a tune up, there's no catching the 750 there after.

Nice try.

Peter

My Cars
    97 BMW 750IL, 03 Cobra,
    FASTER THAN ME?!??!?!?!?! If ur friend is a man and he wants to run me, ill be free tomorrow and we can get your car on tape against my r32. Seriously, i am calling you out right now. I know for a fact my car beat ur cobra and we can do it again. We will get it on video, a fair run from a stop (like real races are) and we can post it here so everyone can see who is lying. Don't listen to all ur friend says because he is a fake.

BTW NICK has been driving stick (according to him for over 5 years, ive been driving stick for what... 7 months at that time). Don't add the, "he didnt know how to drive ur car because he has had more experience than me." Oh and btw, he has taken your car out many times, so it wasn't his first time. And the way he beats on it, i don't doubt one day u will find it in a ditch or being towed. Real friend to beat on ur car. Oh btw, that last time i drove with him to get you guys food, guess who paid, yes me... because ur friend didn't have the cash on him. Did he pay me back, no. Did i get a thank you from the guys at ur work, of course not, because again, ur friend gets all the credit.

your friend nick(nenad) didn't tell you how he wouldnt run me from a stop with your car(97 cobra). He tried once, and I instantly pulled car lengths on him and he instantly stopped. Guess the car was either too powerful for the kid or he isn't as great of a driver as he claims to be. And almost everytime we ran from low mph ranges, i would instantly get a car or two on him. Of course not, because he always likes to 'mold' stories they way he wants them to be. Or like the time he test drove the s60r for the full day and went around telling everyone he beat me in it, even though he knew he hadnt, and it wasn't till he actually gave up on that car that he told me he was amazed that he lost to my r32. The only time that we stayed even with the r32 and your cobra was only whenever we ran at higher mph. Regardless, i never said that the r32 was faster than the m3. Maybe the guy wasn't a good driver. But a win is a win.

Btw, why was your friend nenad afraid to race his e46 m3 with my R32 from a stop? He ran me once, which i bogged the launch and he pulled on me. Every other time he said that it doesnt matter because the m3 is faster and doesn't want to waste his time. He also explained how a real race is from a roll, not from a stop. I'll confess, the kid doesn't shut up. So i just told him that he killed me just so i can shut him up, though everyone else knew the truth. I'm not saying anything that the m3 will not eat me alive after 50mph or so, but from a stop, i can hold one off for a few seconds. He's a real character.

please. i know the difference between an e36 and an e46. Thats like saying whats the difference between a 97 cobra and a 03+ cobra. uncomparable.

anyhow, this thread got out of hand, because jaguars4r had to interrupt again and get his friends to come post on my thread. Immaturity plays a big role in this kid's life and instead of getting locked, i think someone should get a time out. I came here not to start trouble, or to give disrespect to any bmw's, ive got one and now looking to buy a 540sport or e46 m3 soon.

Peter

Is that chapter 1 or 2?

blah...blah....blah....boring

Actually, I have driven his car maybe 3 times and all for about 10 min, except for when we raced and he knew about it and WOW..... you put in $2 for a burger b/c I left my wallet in my car. IRRELEVENT. Didnt race you from a stop b/c I never drove/raced his car and wasnt used to the clutch. When we raced off a roll, we were DEAD EVEN just like how we were in the S60R LIAR, QUIT MAKING SHIT UP. Actually, when I raced in the RAIN in my M3 and your R32, I was spinning and you dumped the cluth at 3k and we were dead even untill about 50 when I started to OBVIOUSLY PULL. So you can ONLY imagine what would happen if it was DRY. PLEASE BE KNOWLEDGEBLE before you post and open your mouth and write a whole book on LIES and LIES.

My Cars
    97 BMW 750IL, 03 Cobra,
    And lets not even get started with jaguars4r's 750, which i easily annihilated from a stop and from a roll over and over again, by many bus lengths, and his excuse was why did u start slowing down, i was catching up. After 100mph, i don't think its safe racing any higher, especially when my car is light years ahead. His excuse, wait till i get a tune up, there's no catching the 750 there after.

Nice try.

Peter

MORE LIES, this is a BMW forum, its stupid that you lie about how bad you beat BMWs when people know them alot more and you cant get away with you lies here. Your R32 is modded while my 750IL needed a tuneup and wasnt even running on all 12cyls only got beaten by 2 cars and then after 100 is when I started catching up. My GF witnessed everything.

My Cars
    97 mustang cobra

I'll take dumbasses that shouldn't drive german cars for 500 alex

My Cars
    97 BMW 750IL, 03 Cobra,
    . Its American cold steel, it likes it rough, just the way your mother likes it.
    Good point....his mom offered me her "PVSSY" in front of him....

My Cars
    97 mustang cobra
    you shoulda said lemme get some razors, a hedgetrimmer, a weedwacker, and a 5th of everclear grain alcohol and lets rock

My Cars
    97 BMW 750IL, 03 Cobra,
    you shoulda said lemme get some razors, a hedgetrimmer, a weedwacker, and a 5th of everclear grain alcohol and lets rock

I Totally sense another HUGE POST......possibly chapter 3???

My Cars
    97 mustang cobra
    Don't forget to bring 2 bags also, a bag to wear over your face in case the bag over her face breaks

RIP Rodney Dangerfield

My Cars
    00 BMW M5, 06 IS350
    Nick you have permission to run him tomorrow, you know were my car is, feel free to pick it up. Film crews standbuy chump. If anyone has an M3 that wants in i'll put my fucking pink slip on the fact that peter will get eaten alive by an E46. Of course that is as long as corkys not driving. I've owned VW's for years, now all the sudden theres a bunch of ricer retards driving them? This is like all the losers with the civics that beat m3s, porsches, and vipers with there mad tight AEM air filters and coffee cans.

Oh, even better, meet me at my work tomorrow, i'll race you up to under 30mph above legal limit (to avoid reckless like your dumbass) from a stop. Leave your excuses at home, i've got a digi sitting in the glovebox that shoots video so when I mop your ass you won't claim technical difficulties posting it. Great, nick beats on my car, so do I. Its American cold steel, it likes it rough, just the way your mother likes it.
    Alright, but this better be on video.

As you can see, i left all the 'name calling' towards you out of it because i have at least some respect for what goes on in these forums, especially when silverstreak and the rest of the moderators try hard locking up post that end up like these. With a total of 2 posts on bimmerforums, i think you should realize that you won't get that much respect.

I will race an m3, but as i said earlier, i know what they are capable of. And i know that my r32 will not always win, because the e46 m3 is a faster car. But all i said is that i can hold the m3 off for a couple of gears if i get a good launch from a stop, and i don't think that is that hard to believe.

My Cars
    97 mustang cobra
    Oooh internet respect, yeah maybe if I had like a bunch of more posts people would believe me when I said my R32 can beat an E46 M3.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast