Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: AA Stage I Gen III install in progress....

My Cars
    Turbo 97 E36 M3, 99 M3

AA Stage I Gen III install in progress....

Took my car into Mild to Wild Customs in Burelson, TX to have my turbo installed. Hopefully, it will only take a couple of days, but the shop is having issues with AA not returning the DME within a couple days....go figure. After all the crap I went through, I better not have that problem, but I'll keep you all up to date.

I also went with a Greddy Profec B boost controller
    1997 Arctic Silver/Black M3
    CES Stage IV (651rwhp/615rwtq @ 24 psi)

1999 Techno Violet/Dove M3
    Auto/Convertible and staying stock!

My Cars
    97 Dinan sc m3/4...00 MZ3...05 EVO
    any particular reason you chose AA over TT?
    sushi sushi!

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    If you mean Burleson, I guess you're in the DFW area. That's interesting...I may have to check them out as I plan on getting a supercharger/turbocharger sometime in the future. Are they going to do some tuning as well? How much are they charging for the install?

My Cars
    Turbo 97 E36 M3, 99 M3
    The only reason is availability. I needed the kit soon and I had to go on a waiting list for TT where I could get it from AA sooner. Also, at the time, I got the kit from AA for the same price shipped as the TT kit.

Looking back, I wish I just waited and got the TT kit like I planned to from a while ago, but I am confident I will be happy with this turbo kit and thats all that matters. You can look for the best numbers and best price and I had to make a decision. Wait or get a turbo now and it seems to have worked out right now.

I'll let everyone know the whole deal when I drive back from Mild to Wild including impressions and feelings toward AA. I just want to wait until all is said and done before I go off...

My Cars
    Turbo 97 E36 M3, 99 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by zeromagnus
    If you mean Burleson, I guess you're in the DFW area. That's interesting...I may have to check them out as I plan on getting a supercharger/turbocharger sometime in the future. Are they going to do some tuning as well? How much are they charging for the install?

Yes, Burleson. I'm not sure if they do tuning or not, but the owner, Chuck seems like a great guy. Install for my turbo, afr/turbo guages, boost controller/install, AA DSB install, JL stealthbox install, JTD underpanel install all for $1675....

My Cars
    1999 Alpine White M3
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWManiac
    Yes, Burleson. I'm not sure if they do tuning or not, but the owner, Chuck seems like a great guy. Install for my turbo, afr/turbo guages, boost controller/install, AA DSB install, JL stealthbox install, JTD underpanel install all for $1675....

What clutch did you get?

My Cars
    Turbo 97 E36 M3, 99 M3
    Spec Stage III and I love it. Its not harsh at all now that I'm used to it.

My Cars
    Turbo 97 E36 M3, 99 M3
    Took my car into Mild to Wild Customs in Burelson, TX to have my turbo installed. Hopefully, it will only take a couple of days, but the shop is having issues with AA not returning the DME within a couple days....go figure. After all the crap I went through, I better not have that problem, but I'll keep you all up to date.
    I just wanted to let everyone know that Karl and Mike have been very gracious working with me and I'm sure the kit will perform as promised. I wasn't implying that AA is the one giving me any more issues if that is what you were reading into. I have had one issue after another with my car and I'm just frustrated with the lack of time I've given myself to finish all these projects before I have to move.

AA has been in business for 25 years and that is one of the main reasons why I went with their turbo kit. Again, I was looking for a kit that was reliable and cost effective and I feel I have both in AA's kit.

I want to publically apologize to Mike and Karl at AA for implying that their business was slacking. My frustration just got the best of me and I'll make sure I'm more clear in my future posts.

My Cars
    95 m3
    I just wanted to let everyone know that Karl and Mike have been very gracious working with me and I'm sure the kit will perform as promised. I wasn't implying that AA is the one giving me any more issues if that is what you were reading into. I have had one issue after another with my car and I'm just frustrated with the lack of time I've given myself to finish all these projects before I have to move.

AA has been in business for 25 years and that is one of the main reasons why I went with their turbo kit. Again, I was looking for a kit that was reliable and cost effective and I feel I have both in AA's kit.

I want to publically apologize to Mike and Karl at AA for implying that their business was slacking. My frustration just got the best of me and I'll make sure I'm more clear in my future posts.
    Sounds like made up for the troubles. Anyway... glad it worked out. Have fun with it!
    1995 M3: Custom turbo Click here for writeup
    MLS headgasket, ARP studs, Vanos timing write up: Click here

My Cars
    03 m3
    good luck with your project!
    07 MDX | 08 m3

My Cars
    BMW

Good to hear.
    Just wondering if you ended up with a GT30R after all ?

My Cars
    '88 M3
    if only the turbo was legal in CA. it's very hard to get anything "smogged" in CA right now. hopefully this will ease up soon. AA awesome company.
    Chairman of the Bored--Live Sockets Entertainment

Join the Rally Revolution!

My Cars
    Turbo 97 E36 M3, 99 M3
    No, I did not get the GT30r because it is not available, but you never know what Mike and Karl have cooking up for future projects.

I was pretty happy with my car's output at 240 to the crank....I'm sure 300whp or more to the wheels will be more than enough. There is still the M50 manifold, track pipe, and other things that can help me get some more power down the line anyways.

AA is a great company and we've all had our share of peaks and valleys. Like I said, as long as I am happy with the kit, all the trials and tribulations will be worth it.

My Cars
    Lucid AirGT, 97 M3 S54
    No, I did not get the GT30r because it is not available, but you never know what Mike and Karl have cooking up for future projects.

I was pretty happy with my car's output at 240 to the crank....I'm sure 300whp or more to the wheels will be more than enough. There is still the M50 manifold, track pipe, and other things that can help me get some more power down the line anyways.

AA is a great company and we've all had our share of peaks and valleys. Like I said, as long as I am happy with the kit, all the trials and tribulations will be worth it.
    So, basically they promised you something (GT-30R and 350+ whp) and now they aren't going to live up to either? Talk about accountability!! I hope you got some $$ back or something.

I'm sure it wasn't the owners that promised these things, but he sales guy that DID is hopefully in big trouble and you were apologized to and offered your $$ back at some point before you decided to accept what they had available.

My Cars
    Turbo 97 E36 M3, 99 M3
    The sales person, who no longer works there, promised me something that was not available and behind Mike and Karl's backs. At first, upset wasn't even the word, but I spoke with Mike and Karl and they cleared up all the confusion and told me what I was getting. I did get the orginal price and I did get some money back. They offered to give me back all my money, but I felt that it wasn't Mike and Karl's fault and they were honest with me. Also, I believe in their product and am confident I'll be satisfied with the power.

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    The sales person, who no longer works there, promised me something that was not available and behind Mike and Karl's backs. At first, upset wasn't even the word, but I spoke with Mike and Karl and they cleared up all the confusion and told me what I was getting. I did get the orginal price and I did get some money back. They offered to give me back all my money, but I felt that it wasn't Mike and Karl's fault and they were honest with me. Also, I believe in their product and am confident I'll be satisfied with the power.
    Glad that he got fired. I hope he's looking in a dumpster for food right about now. Anyone that tries to make others suffer so they can get ahead...well, you don't want to know what I think of them.
    Last edited by highboostingm3; 06-08-2005 at 07:56 PM.
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    97 Dinan sc m3/4...00 MZ3...05 EVO
    I did get the orginal price and I did get some money back. They offered to give me back all my money, but I felt that it wasn't Mike and Karl's fault and they were honest with me. Also, I believe in their product and am confident I'll be satisfied with the power.

Very good business practice!
    best of luck to the install!
    sushi sushi!

My Cars
    97 M3/4 - Hurtig/AA TS
    Quote Originally Posted by highboostingm3
    Glad that he got fired. I hope he's looking in a dumpster for food right about now. Anyone that tries to make others suffer so they can get ahead...well, you don't want to know what I think of them.
    Man, that's pretty harsh!

Probably true, but harsh!

It is reasons like this that give a good indication of why I decided NOT to build/market/distribute the twin screw kit myself. I have better things to do than deal with these types of issues!!

Glad it got cleared up to your satisfaction!

Steve
    Have you been Screwed?

My Cars
    a
    I'm happy to hear you gave Karl and Mike the chance to make this right for you. And I think you'll be happy with your new found power.... you'll love the torque that only a turbo can provide...

You're biggest problem will be resisting the temptation to up the boost .. with a boost controller, it seems so simple.. just turn the knob...

My Cars
    Turbo 97 E36 M3, 99 M3
    well, today is the day! I'm picking up the car today and driving it back home...impressions to follow!

My Cars
    03 m3
    nice! cant wait for your impressions

who got fired ??
    07 MDX | 08 m3

My Cars
    E46iT- Coma E36- RIP E34
    alright!!!!!! woooohoooo, i can't wait either. did you get any sleep last night?

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Wahooo! Congratualations! Can't wait to hear what rpm full boost is at! Please post the dyno sheet ASAP! You are getting it dynoed before you pick it up, aren't you?
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    Break that turbo in!

My Cars
    Turbo 97 E36 M3, 99 M3
    I don't think I'll be able to get it dyno'd tonight, but I will by the end of the month at a get together here in Texas.

No, I couldn't sleep last night. Like I said before, I've had a lot of grief over issues from wheels to interior and my exterior seeming starting to fall apart....I just want to get in the car, and drive with no issues, no CEL, nothing breaking on the 2 hour drive from the shop or years to come unless its my fault....

I'll post pictures tomorrow of everything!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast