Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 730rwhp ICS M3 MOnster!!

My Cars
    977rwhp SAE and 821

730rwhp ICS M3 Monster!!

Well its been a great day today, Vic Sias flew in to tune the ICS Monster. It made 730rwhp SAE, and still has more left in it, id say another 50 rwhp, but the fact is I have to find out how to put the power down . This car will be going to the track soon!!! Brian will post up all details next-week, everyone im tired, have a great week-end. Vic did an excellent job.
    Last edited by ICS Performance; 04-08-2005 at 08:58 PM.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    What else can I say? Wow wow wow!
    .-=[ Kenny ]=-. See the BFc Drag Racing Standings List for BMW street cars. Watch my drag racing movies on YouTube. Some info on
    BMW turbo street car Drag Racing 101

My Cars
    91 318i
    and also

My Cars
    Lucid AirGT, 97 M3 S54
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPORTEDCARS
    Well its been a great day today, Vic Sias flew in to tune the ICS Monster. It made 730rwhp SAE, and still has more left in it, id say another 50 rwhp, but the fact is I have to find out how to put the power down . This car will be going to the track soon!!! Brian will post up all details next-week, everyone im tired, have a great week-end. Vic did an excellent job.
    Awesome!! Can we see dyno sheets and a/f? What boost level/gas?
    A word of Internet Forum wisdom: Disregard any advice that begins with "I've heard..."

97 M3/4 - S54, TRM Coilovers, UUC SSK/Sways/LTW Flywheel

My Cars
    1997 M3/4 and 2000 740iL
    OH SNAP!!!! Thats freakin sweet! Gotta get some vids and pics up of that.
    1997 M3/4
    Interlagos blue
    TT stg 1

My Cars
    96 Acura 450whp+
    man the second 30k finds its way into my account my cars going to you guys.

My Cars
    Boosted moped
    I was there today ... I heard the Black Beast roar for new life ... got to see Tec3 master Vic Sias working ...

Good to see you George and Brian ... keep it up guys ...

My Cars
    red poopbox
    freaking amazing..........

Element Tuning - 2008/2009 NJMP Redline Time Attack/Formula X Champions [Street & Modified]
    RightFootDown

FS: E36 OEM fogs | UUC Chromoly RLCA's

My Cars
    2001 ZO6, 00+01 Audi S4, 99 GMC Sierra w/6" Lift
    Like George said, I will post the data Monday so everyone can relax till then.

Brian
    - Brian Rosenberg

My Cars
    2014 C63 AMG
    *Subscribes*

///3oris is offline "Diogenes the Cynic"
    My Cars
    '96 M3 Turbo, '04 Yamaha R6

What's the point of saying something then making everyone wait for the data? Pfft!

Anyway, congrats, those are VERRRYYY nice numbers.

Boris
    '96 Cosmos Black M3 422rwhp/407rwtq SAE @ 13psi / 444rwhp/444rwtq SAE @ 14.5psi
    Engine/Drivetrain: Technique Tuning Stage 2 Turbo TT Turbo Exhaust, M50 Manifold, TMS Oil Baffles, SSR Comps, SPEC Stage II Clutch, UUC SSK, Titanium Cavallino Ti-130R Shift Knob, UUC TME, EMC Diff Bolt, RCCA's. Suspension: GC Coil-overs, GC RSMs, GC RTABs, GC Trans Mount; H&R SB. Instrumentation: VDO Boost, VDO Oil Press, VDO Oil Temp, VDO Water Temp, BMW Traffic Pro Navigation, Valentine One TODO: W/A Injection

My Cars
    99 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Armo95
    *Subscribes*

What he said
    10 GTR R35
    06 M5
    04 330i zhp
    93 318is
    99 328i (Sold)
    99 M3 Turbo (Sold)

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by ///3oris

What's the point of saying something then making everyone wait for the data? Pfft!

Anyway, congrats, those are VERRRYYY nice numbers.

Boris
    We are tired and it's friday night, but i did get many nice shots for a short vid and there won't be any "wheel spin" scenes this time, lol. I am enjoying a nice victory cocktail on my comfy couch, cheers.
    - Brian Rosenberg

///3oris is offline "Diogenes the Cynic"
    My Cars
    We are tired and it's friday night, but i did get many nice shots for a short vid and there won't be any "wheel spin" scenes this time, lol. I am enjoying a nice victory cocktail on my comfy couch, cheers.
    Understood... that's good reason not to post a video... but dyno? Info on the car? How much boost? Octane, etc? Shoudln't take more than a minute to write that up

Boris
    Engine/Drivetrain: Technique Tuning Stage 2 Turbo TT Turbo Exhaust, M50 Manifold, TMS Oil Baffles, SSR Comps, SPEC Stage II Clutch, UUC SSK, Titanium Cavallino Ti-130R Shift Knob, UUC TME, EMC Diff Bolt, RCCA's. Suspension: GC Coil-overs, GC RSMs, GC RTABs, GC Trans Mount; H&R SB. Instrumentation: VDO Boost, VDO Oil Press, VDO Oil Temp, VDO Water Temp, BMW Traffic Pro Navigation, Valentine One TODO: W/A Injection

My Cars
    2014 C63 AMG
    Understood... that's good reason not to post a video... but dyno? Info on the car? How much boost? Octane, etc? Shoudln't take more than a minute to write that up

Boris
    The man said he'll post everything on Monday...why do a few always feel the need to start *h*t.
    Last edited by Armo95; 04-08-2005 at 10:05 PM.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian@ICSPerformance
    Look forward to it Brian.

So to make 730 rwhp .. what is that at the crank? Using accepted US methods I guess you use a 12% drivetrain loss factor? That will do .. so that's 830 bhp.

Now, if memory serves the ICS MONSTER uses a GT35R .. let's be generous and rate it at the maximum for GT35Rs without talking what trim .. that's 700 bhp at 1 bar.

So to make 830 bhp from a 700 bhp turbo you'd need greater than 1 bar boost .. and racefuel.

Let's guess VP C16 and 27 psi.
    .-=[ Kenny ]=-. See the BFc Drag Racing Standings List for BMW street cars. Watch my drag racing movies on YouTube. Some info on
    BMW turbo street car Drag Racing 101

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBlonde
    Look forward to it Brian.

So to make 730 rwhp .. what is that at the crank? Using accepted US methods I guess you use a 12% drivetrain loss factor? That will do .. so that's 830 bhp.

Now, if memory serves the ICS MONSTER uses a GT35R .. let's be generous and rate it at the maximum for GT35Rs without talking what trim .. that's 700 bhp at 1 bar.

So to make 830 bhp from a 700 bhp turbo you'd need greater than 1 bar boost .. and racefuel.

Let's guess VP C16 and 27 psi.
    PT-71GTQ

george has the rest of the info and I had to bug out of the shop right before the best run, hence no sheet till Monday.

Saturday: Work on house
    Sunday: Tobay Fest LI NY
    Monday: Compile data and post

cheers
    - Brian Rosenberg

My Cars
    E34 535i TCD S3 Turbo, e46 m3

Boris
    boris, i am gonna send you the terd that i drop out tonight. u can analyze the hell out of it!

on another note, congrats george, vic and brian on the incredible numbers. cant wait to see what that beast puts out with some more boost and tuning. and did i hear right?...........george is SCARED of this beast!!!!!

TCD S3 Completed! 400 rwhp/455 tq. Tuned by Larry Strouth @ HP Works.
    www.Turbochargingdynamics.com
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...929post7215929 <-------Parts for sale

My Cars
    99 M roadster, beater 01 A4 1.8T
    I was there today and let me tell you that beast sounded scary!!!!!!!!!!!!

ICS production!!!!!!
    OLD:505WHP/516WTQ Dynojet
    NOW:665WHP/638WTQ
    Eurowerkz
    PBMW mag 06/06

My Cars
    wide hooptie
    That's gotta be the biggest tease ever..haha.

Congrats guys and big props to Vic.

So who owns this car, is it Nick? Too many "beast" in ICS's garage.

This is probably the rare times I'm looking forward to Monday.

Please post as much info as possible. Thanks. Have a great weekend.

"If you want to see misery, give people more than what they need." -C.S. Lewis

My Cars
    ESS Sc'ed TX12 E46 325Ci
    Brian, this should be the longest weekend I ever had....... Drooling.....why on earth there is no ICS in HONG KONG!!!!

My Cars
    Mostly Run
    Hanging out there today was truly an honor and a treat...Believe me, I've heard alot of turbo bimmers before...I have never heard one that sounded so angry, terrifying yet beautiful at the same time. Big shout to vic, TECIII wizard for working his magic like that. Just for reference, after George and Vic came back from the test drive...put it this way, I've never seen George so in awe of a car's performance before...Cheers guys, you really did a number on that car...

And Ledlum, after seeing what this car did...dude...I can't WAIT for your car...

My Cars
    '99 M3
    I wanna know the details toooooooo.
    TEC-3R, T4 GT40, WISECO, EAGLE, SUPERTECH, O-RING'D "FRANKENSTEIN" STROKER.

Congrats, awesome numbers!

Maybe this will convince the "stock ecu is as good as a standalone" people that this is the way to go.

///3oris is offline &quot;Diogenes the Cynic&quot;
    My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Armo95
    The man said he'll post everything on Monday...why do a few always feel the need to start *h*t.
    Because what the hell is the point of posting "I mad XXXrwhp" and no more information... obviously you're already in the circle of in the know, just like everyone else who seems to hang out at the shop all the time, so easy for you to say since you already know.

Quote Originally Posted by gol10dr1
    boris, i am gonna send you the terd that i drop out tonight. u can analyze the hell out of it!
    Grow up. Not even funny.

Boris

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast