Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: ICS Drag Racing Breaks 11.1 !!! Video and Slips Inside......

My Cars
    2001 ZO6, 00+01 Audi S4, 99 GMC Sierra w/6" Lift

Thumbs up ICS Drag Racing Breaks 11.1 !!! Video and Slips Inside......

Hi Guys,

Yesterday, George and I went down to Raceway Park (Englishtown NJ) for a little test and tune session with Jamar’s M3 in tow. We were on a mission to break the 10 second barrier and were able to get off a few passes before getting kicked off the track. Race Officials said that the George was clocked at over 140 before he lifted after the run. Unfortunately according to officials, we can not run this car again until it has a full roll bar and 5 pt. harness. We took that as bad news but in a good way, this is still a daily driven street car. Check out the video.

ICS Performance Drag Racing Test & Tune 3.30.05

Check out our updated Media Page, easier to navigate and update:

ICS Performance Media Page

Brian
    - Brian Rosenberg

My Cars
    skateboard
    WOW
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    a
    Nice! :-)

My Cars
    skateboard
    i knew George went
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    BMW
    Awesome! Congrats on the numbers George and Brian. Any plans for a cage and harnesses sometime soon?
    Bayerische Motoren Werke

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    That is so awesome!!!!! You almost have 10's!!!

Where is the vid of the 140mph trap? I want to see it!
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    skateboard
    George i can't believe u used those snow tires, that were in the dyno room, ur insane
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    Mostly Run
    Now all that's gotta happen is to get Jamar to pony up for a cage and some belts...

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by highboostingm3

NO NO, I was reffering to the officials radar gun that he uses to get the top speed the car hit before lifting. George was still "in it" through the finish line, lifting a bit after and thats when the radar clocked him over 140.

Brian
    - Brian Rosenberg

My Cars
    977rwhp SAE and 821

It has 10 all day!!! I drove it like an old lady, didnt even get a chance to turn up the boost!!!, just feeling out the tires (Snow tires) wanted to make sure it was stable @ high speeds. Oh well next time.

My Cars
    5 Series Sport Wagon
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian@ICS
    Hi Guys,

Race Officials said that the George was clocked at over 140 before he lifted after the run. Unfortunately according to officials, we can not run this car again until it has a full roll bar and 5 pt. harness. We took that as bad news but in a good way, this is still a daily driven street car. Check out the video.
    That is the FIRST time I have heard them time your speed in the shutdown area. And how did they do that? I believe that it was faster than 11.50 . Is that on the stock driveshaft,and half shafts? It makes me nervous when you look at the toothpick for a driveshaft. Maby I can lean on mine a little harder. LOL ///J.T./// edit: since when do they use a radar gun?
    Lot's of new stuff hope it stays together a little longer. LOL

My Cars
    95 M3(T04R)Turbo,05 350Z
    Good sh*t ICS!

My Cars
    99 M3
    Good Job George You are going to have to make a deal with Jamar and get a roll cage in there. Nick's car is going to be sick on that track. Put the roll cage in now. Where does that put you on Kenny's list?
    10 GTR R35
    06 M5
    04 330i zhp
    93 318is
    99 328i (Sold)
    99 M3 Turbo (Sold)

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by got psi
    That is the FIRST time I have heard them time your speed in the shutdown area. And how did they do that? I believe that it was faster than 11.50 . Is that on the stock driveshaft,and half shafts? It makes me nervous when you look at the toothpick for a driveshaft. Maby I can lean on mine a little harder. LOL ///J.T./// edit: since when do they use a radar gun?
    I assume it is a hand held unit, stadard issue PD piece I'm sure. I guess they use it as a safety measure on top of regular track times when overall speed is in question. Englishtown has one of the best reputations when it comes to safety and their emergency crews, a friend of mine used to volunteer (EMT/FD) there a few years back so I got alot of "war" stories from him.

Brian
    - Brian Rosenberg

My Cars
    Boosted moped

Wow ... TWO 1.9 60's !!!

Allright, George you proved it to me that you went to E-town yesterday and ran 11's twice with great short times ...

Alas, George says yesterday when i ask if he is going to Etown ... "Ah man ... I am on my way but I think I am going to turn back ... Too much work at the shop ... I don't have a cage either ... "

But then he goes without telling me when I told him I wanted to be there!

BTW, George pics or on those snow tires !!!

My Cars
    '97 Hellrot euro M3 SMG & '93 dakar yellow euro M3
    E36 M3 S50B32 daily - E36 M3 S54 trackcar

They Say Money Talks, All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye

My Cars
    97 M3 99 Z3M
    George and Brian, awesome job! George, why didn't you tell me you were going to etown when I spoke to you on the phone yesterday, I live 5 minutes away!! I would have been over there in heartbeat to witness those runs! I guess I'll have to wait till next time..
    1997 M3
    1999 Z3 M Coupe - Turbocharged

My Cars
    2006 e90 330
    Holy crap Batman!!! This is good news for potential customers. George, it
    seems that I'll be keeping the car since I haven't been able to sell it. So
    I'll be calling you in a couple of months to discuss my options. I have no dought about the quality of work and the finish product. If my budget can
    handle it, you'll have another car to add to the list of monsters......can't wait

510 RWHP/ 485 RWTQ R.I.P.

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian@ICS
    NO NO, I was reffering to the officials radar gun that he uses to get the top speed the car hit before lifting. George was still "in it" through the finish line, lifting a bit after and thats when the radar clocked him over 140.

Brian
    Whooooops! My bad!
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPORTEDCARS
    It has 10 all day!!! I drove it like an old lady, didnt even get a chance to turn up the boost!!!, just feeling out the tires (Snow tires) wanted to make sure it was stable @ high speeds. Oh well next time.

Snow tires George? OMG! Before I thought we were talking drag radials...but snow tires? 1.9 short with snow tires? Shock and Ahhhh man!

Well...I'm okay with assuming 10's in that car I will tell you that! Jesus! ET streets and Kenny might be in trouble. Forget about Nick's car! And Ledlum's car? Then your M3?

Houston...we have 9's, confirm!

Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    977rwhp SAE and 821
    Whooooops! My bad!

Snow tires George? OMG! Before I thought we were talking drag radials...but snow tires? 1.9 short with snow tires? Shock and Ahhhh man!

Well...I'm okay with assuming 10's in that car I will tell you that! Jesus! ET streets and Kenny might be in trouble. Forget about Nick's car! And Ledlum's car? Then your M3?

Houston...we have 9's, confirm!
    The Drag radials nick bought where 16's, b/c he has a big brake kit all the way around, after he dropped them off I so pissed , I looked @ the snow tires and said fxck it!!! they look good enough.

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    The Drag radials nick bought where 16's, b/c he has a big brake kit all the way around, after he dropped them off I so pissed , I looked @ the snow tires and said fxck it!!! they look good enough.
    Funny you bring that up. All this excitement over the last few weeks and I was thinking that I might sell my rear BBK so that I could get some 15" rims back there for drag racing.

My Cars
    E34 535i TCD S3 Turbo, e46 m3
    Congrats george, it was only a matter of time until you hit 11.1 and it is still only a matter of time (or a selection of tires) until you hit 10's. cant wait to get back to the track with you guys.

TCD S3 Completed! 400 rwhp/455 tq. Tuned by Larry Strouth @ HP Works.
    www.Turbochargingdynamics.com
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...929post7215929 <-------Parts for sale

My Cars
    977rwhp SAE and 821
    Quote Originally Posted by gol10dr1
    Congrats george, it was only a matter of time until you hit 11.1 and it is still only a matter of time (or a selection of tires) until you hit 10's. cant wait to get back to the track with you guys.
    It will be nice to see you again, it was a pleasure driving your car down the trackb I took pride in SPANKING the LSI.

My Cars
    99 M3
    It will be nice to see you again, it was a pleasure driving your car down the trackb I took pride in SPANKING the LSI.
    George you get your drive on!!!!! You really know how to handle those turbo cars.
    10 GTR R35
    06 M5
    04 330i zhp
    93 318is
    99 328i (Sold)
    99 M3 Turbo (Sold)

My Cars
    turbo e36 m3/ stock s50/e30 m3

Talking

Funny you bring that up. All this excitement over the last few weeks and I was thinking that I might sell my rear BBK so that I could get some 15" rims back there for drag racing.
    Like this
    Attached Images Attached Images

96 M3, GT4094R, Arrow Rods, CP Pistons, Elring HG, cutring 87mm, 10 mm ARP studs,MS3pro, EMC Intercooler, n54 6 speed with Motiv twin disk, ZT-2 wideband, Zionsville Radiator, X-brace, H&R springs with bilstien shocks, QTP electronic cutout, Line Locks, stock exhaust 455rwtq, 453rwhp at 14 psi 91 octane.......684rwtq, 681rwhp at 24 psi running flex fuel E60 at time of dyno tune.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast