Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can someone tell me how umnitza gets away with.....

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.

Can someone tell me how umnitza gets away with.....

charging 130+ shipping for a grill insert? anyone know where i can get material similar to his "racemesh" for less than that?

-jon
    -M3J0N

My Cars
    Smurf Mobiles
    www.racerpartswholesale.com - just search "Stainless Steel Wire Mesh Screen"

Its an easy DIY.....people are just lazy and he takes advantage of that fact, just like any other business man.

My Cars
    nothing special...
    Quote Originally Posted by m3j0n
    charging 130+ shipping for a grill insert? anyone know where i can get material similar to his "racemesh" for less than that?

-jon
    He can get away with anything he wants, as long as there's a buyer willing to pay.

/discussion.

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by ///M3Matt
    www.racerpartswholesale.com - just search "Stainless Steel Wire Mesh Screen"

Its an easy DIY.....people are just lazy and he takes advantage of that fact, just like any other business man.

thanks a lot! i really appreciate that.

any idea what mesh im looking for?
    Available In Medium, Coarse and Extra Coarse

24" x 36" - $29.95
    Part No. Description
    RPWSSM 8 Mesh, 3/32" - Medium
    RPWSSC 6 Mesh, 1/8" - Coarse
    RPWSSEC 4 Mesh, 1/4" - Extra Coarse

the description is kind of incomplete.... which one would be most like the one on the jags?

-jon
    -M3J0N

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    ?

My Cars
    '01 M550i
    Why does anyone pay for more money for a BMW compared to a Honda? Why does anyone pay the dealer to change their oil? The great thing about capitalism is that you can charge as much as the market will bear. They obviouslly sees a market for it at the set price or they woudn't be able to sustain the business. Just because you don't see the value in the product does not means that everyone else doesn't either.

My Cars
    M5, E61
    We have more business than we can handle at that price.

And, we use a higher quality material based on the Jaguar mesh that isn't found at any wholesale parts place.

We also use a laser cutter to make sure it's perfectly cut. For the labor we have to put into each 1 unit (1 hour usually), it's a fair price.

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by DMZ
    Why does anyone pay for more money for a BMW compared to a Honda? Why does anyone pay the dealer to change their oil? The great thing about capitalism is that you can charge as much as the market will bear. They obviouslly sees a market for it at the set price or they woudn't be able to sustain the business. Just because you don't see the value in the product does not means that everyone else doesn't either.

thats a horrible comparison........ it would be more applicable in this situation to compare one bmw dealer charging 50k for an e46 and another charging 70k for the same car.... obviously people are stupid enough to pay the prices, but damn... it still baffles me.

personally, ive had horrible experiences with matt, he still has not even made right with my faulty HID kit that i purchased from him over a year and a half ago... sorry, but 50 dollars to powdercoat 4 square inches of chicken wire and another 50 to install it into the kidney grills, minus shipping + 130 for the materials is not fair. If you can get a lot of people to pay it, more power to you, i cant fault you for that.
    -M3J0N

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    and just for the record, you should have made right on my HID purchase.

My Cars
    M5, E61
    For the record, without trying to point fingers, you broke your own kit.
    Then expected us to pay for it.

If there is a problem with your kit, Xtec will cover the warranty, just send us back whatever isn't working that you didn't have an installation issue with, and we'll see if we can replace it under warranty.

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by umnitza
    For the record, without trying to point fingers, you broke your own kit.
    Then expected us to pay for it.

If there is a problem with your kit, Xtec will cover the warranty, just send us back whatever isn't working that you didn't have an installation issue with, and we'll see if we can replace it under warranty.

id love to know how i broke my own kit.... i experienced the exact same problems that many xtec customers experienced and had their units replaced under warranty.
    -M3J0N

My Cars
    Wuper Tuper Fuper
    I've never had a problem with Matt. In fact, I think his customer service is great. He has gone out of his way to assist me at times. Unfortunately, he does not really sell things that I am interested in since he caters to the *bling* crowd more

However, I would gladly pay more, even if his prices were a bit higher (not too much Matt ), because of his customer service. There are too many vendors that offer things really cheap; but, have crappy customer service.

I know, if you approach Matt with an unantagonistic attitude, he will go out of his way to help you. Another vendor that comes to mind with this attitude is Dave from Zeckhausen. Even though I did not purchase my BBK from him, he is going out of his way to assist me, which I greatly appreciate. I think Matt will help you to the best of his abilities; but, at the same time, you have to realize he is also constrained by the manufacturer. If the manufacturer denies the claim, he can't really assist.

Matt's product is better than the racer's mesh IMO ... the racer's mesh is basically something you could go and purchase from Home Depot for about $5.00 -- no joke. With racer's mesh, you expect to replace it ... so, it's cheaply made. It's not built for durability ...

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    is it 10 times better? because its 10 times more expensive.....

either way, long story short with matt: he tried tro screw me once and i caught him. Now i dont trust him. I paid nearly 50 dollars to overnight the HIDs to me. He said that he wasnt making any money off the shipping. Needless to say, it didnt get to me until monday when i ordered it on a thursday night. I realize that he has no control over the shipping service, but when i got my package, he had crossed out the shipping price with a sharpie. Fortunately for me, i could still read the exact amount by looking closely and saw that the shipping was only 15 dollars for overnight! After setting time that weekend for installation and not receiving the parts, i was really pissed and mad e a phone call to him. He reluctantly credited me back the shipping, but thats just not right in the first place.

in addition to this shipping mishap, when doing my research on the product, i asked him numerous times if it was a plug-and-play system. HE assured me that it was 100% plug and play and its less than an hour for install. When installing the lights in my OEM ZKWs, i had to remove the housings and drill them out to fit in the lights. IT was not simple by any means. It took me the better part of the day to figure out what was going on and finally get them installed. Luckily i had a bunch of tools including a dremel, otherwise i woul dhave been fucked. When i asked him about this "non-plug-and-play" situation, he then told me that 30% of the people have to do this with teh xtec kit depending on when their ZKWs were manufactured... it would have been nice if he told me this beforehand instead of jsut trying to make the sale....

bottom line is that hes asking me to pay him now for another ballast/ignitor before he ships it to me and then he'll credit me when he gets the defective one back. I dont really mind, but he told me that he will decide if the ballast/ignitor is warranty or due to a fault of mine... I dont really feel like its up to him to decide whether or not hes going to refund my money based on his determination of the problem. I am experiencing the same exact problems as everyone else on this board.... the light flickers, then shuts off.. now the lights dont work at all...

bottom line, i dont trust matt at all due to his past actions. He should follow through and makes things right with this product.

-jon

My Cars
    M5, E61
    Let's summarize:

1) You were told that it would possibly require dremeling - ALL XTEC kits at that time - and even now require this.

2) The problem with Xtec flickering is 50% installation and 50% the product, hence why we offered to have you ship them back for us to test first and we'd send you a new one if it was found to be faulty.

3) We don't care to screw anyone out of $50, let alone $300 or $500, what we have had in th past is:
    a) customers swearing that they are trustworthy to send back broken parts and guess what, they never do. To this date, we're out over $10K in non-returned parts. We instituted a policy, you get new parts by paying for them, and if the old parts are found to not be defective, you get those back and the new parts will be returned and your deposit returned.

b) customers claiming that there was a problem when all along it was they that cause it - we've had ballast returned that had more corrosion on them than a junk yard rust bucket car, we've had pulled out connectors, broken tabs, destroyed metal connecting rods on lamps.

You had many chances to return them and the offer remained open to you. Yet you still choose to pick at the scab and refuse to just let it heal.

The ball has always been in your court to fix things. We aren't responsible for your actions.

4) USPS Express isn't a sure thing. We talked about it. Albeit on INSTANT MESSENGER the most reliable form of communication at 1am.

5) This is just silly, if you want something fixed, go for it.

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSoup4U
    However, I would gladly pay more, even if his prices were a bit higher (not too much Matt ), because of his customer service. There are too many vendors that offer things really cheap; but, have crappy customer service.
    Agreed! I've had no problem with product or service from Matt.

If the price offends you, don't buy from Matt, but don't attack him either. Buy it from somebody else or make it yourself . . . it's that simple.
    2006 X5 4.8is - SOLD , Multiple Mini Cooper "S's" - SOLD, "3" E36 M3's-SOLD, "2" E46 M3's-SOLD, "1" 1998 M Roadster-SOLD, 2006 Z-51 Corvette-SOLD, 2011 Countryman "S", 2012 Buick Regal GS and "1" f*cked up 1998 M Roadster

My Cars
    M3 SMG, 996TT, CLK500. 826hp Widebody Supra
    GUys...

With all due respect, the customer is NOT always right...especially on electrical parts. From past experience, 99.9999% of all companies offer ZERO warranty on electrical parts not installed by an authorized distributor/installer.

If you want to bad mouth Matt, I'm going to chime in and tell you what he did this for me:
    Came to my house which was hundreds of miles away, installed the angel eye lights in my driveway, along with the HID kit and the HID fogs at a price that could not be beat...he called back to verify everything was working, then personally checked on my car at SEMA. I had zero issues with the items until the day the car was sold.

That is service second to none.

If you come on a chat board slinging hash, I'm glad Matt had the guts to post the details behind the transaction....while I don't know you m3jon, at the very least, it sounds as if there was sufficient reason to question the proficiency of the install given Umnitza's previous history with other customers who would strive to defraud them.

As for the shipping, honestly, I didn't see the details, so I won't comment except to say that in my experience, Matt has been a stand up guy.

If it were me Matt, I'd have a pro installer check out M3jon's car to see what's up....I'd bet this getsure would go a long way. IMHO.
    Living my dreams

My Cars
    M5, E61
    That's a good idea Craig. If he is in Boca Raton, I'm sure we have someone in that area.

My Cars
    Chevrolet Silverado 2500
    You ordered thursday night and expected to get them on friday with next day air??? By the time the order is processed, it was friday. No way it would have gotten from CA to FL in half a day. You have to be realistic and I have had nothing but great experiences with Matt (Umnitza) when getting ZKWs 1.5 years ago.

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    Let's summarize:

1) You were told that it would possibly require dremeling - ALL XTEC kits at that time - and even now require this.
    I was told this AFTER I called you up when the bulb didnt fit in the housing.

2) The problem with Xtec flickering is 50% installation and 50% the product, hence why we offered to have you ship them back for us to test first and we'd send you a new one if it was found to be faulty.
    this is true.... but you wanted me to pay shipping both ways and pay for the new product in full. Only after you decide that it was a product defec, then i would be reimbursed for the price of the new unit.

b) customers claiming that there was a problem when all along it was they that cause it - we've had ballast returned that had more corrosion on them than a junk yard rust bucket car, we've had pulled out connectors, broken tabs, destroyed metal connecting rods on lamps.
    the lights were on my 100% garaged car for less than 2 months before i started having problems with it. The units are in perfect condition with the exception of the lack of functionality.

4) USPS Express isn't a sure thing. We talked about it. Albeit on INSTANT MESSENGER the most reliable form of communication at 1am.
    please dont even start to blame shipping on USPS. I saw the billing receipt and so did the other forum member that assisted me with install... we couldnt belive you would do something like that and have the audacity to tell me that the mailman crossed off the price without you knowing.....

Quote Originally Posted by m3ltw98
    You ordered thursday night and expected to get them on friday with next day air??? By the time the order is processed, it was friday. No way it would have gotten from CA to FL in half a day. You have to be realistic and I have had nothing but great experiences with Matt (Umnitza) when getting ZKWs 1.5 years ago.
    nope, i was living in TN at the time and i was realistically expecting them on Saturday. For 50 dollars, it should have been there in 2 days.

teh bottom line is that i want this part replaced. what are you goign to do for me?
    -M3J0N

My Cars
    E46 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by m3j0n
    I was told this AFTER I called you up when the bulb didnt fit in the housing.

this is true.... but you wanted me to pay shipping both ways and pay for the new product in full. Only after you decide that it was a product defec, then i would be reimbursed for the price of the new unit.

the lights were on my 100% garaged car for less than 2 months before i started having problems with it. The units are in perfect condition with the exception of the lack of functionality.

please dont even start to blame shipping on USPS. I saw the billing receipt and so did the other forum member that assisted me with install... we couldnt belive you would do something like that and have the audacity to tell me that the mailman crossed off the price without you knowing.....

nope, i was living in TN at the time and i was realistically expecting them on Saturday. For 50 dollars, it should have been there in 2 days.

teh bottom line is that i want this part replaced. what are you goign to do for me?
    Matt,

replace the part for him.. The time invested in this alone is outweighed the item.. He does have some valid points about the shipping..

I'd replace it and be done with it..

My Cars
    M5, E61
    Just because they are stated directly doesn't make them valid. It just makes them from his view point.

Please reread point above 3) b) - customer can contact us over email or phone.

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    Just because they are stated directly doesn't make them valid. It just makes them from his view point.

Please reread point above 3) b) - customer can contact us over email or phone.

i have no idea what this means.....

i have e-mailed you and spoken to you over the phone. Everytime we work something out, you tell me that you dont have any in stock that you can send me and Ill have to wait for your next shipment. YOu told me that you'd call me back when the shipment, and that never happened. Why dont you arrange a suitable exchange in a public forum? Are you afraid to show everyone how you have dealt with this issue in the past?

-jon

i've been very complacent with this issue and I havent been EXTREMELY pressing, but now that it hasnt been taken care of in well over a year, i find it necessary to resolve this ASAP.
    -M3J0N

My Cars
    M5, E61
    we have stock now. feel free to work something out with us on email.

My Cars
    E46 M3
    Yipee... now we can close the thread...

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    HAHAHAHAH!!!!! look at what matt response is! this is how he deals with hios customers...

"
    As a direct result of your issues and the 8 others that we have had today, we've stopped supporting Xtec products.

you may contact them - www.xtecusa.com
    sales@xtecusa.com
    for a replacement.

They will honor your warranty for you."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast