Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: window tint--dfw

My Cars
    Elise, Evora, NSX,Z4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo
    Well,

i think that is going to be pretty much everyone wanting to join up. Monday I will start calling around to see what we can get. Several people mentioned knowing places or people that have the hook up..if you know someone at a shop give them a call and see what you can workout. Seems like everyone wants lifetime warranty with a name brand shop. i will start calling some of the bigger names. if anyone gets a price that they think is good, please PM me. i will probably give it about a week to see what we can get. After that i will post the top two prices and we can make a decision from there. Hopefully that works for everbody I will do my best to get us a deal.

how about jose's tint and go?

My Cars
    2002 330i, 1989 535i
    yeah, and be sure not to leave out D & D auto tinting from your list to call

My Cars
    1996 bmw 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretAznMan4u
    how about jose's tint and go?

Of course i won't forget Jose's!!!!! But, my first choice is T-bone's Tint and Chicken off Harry Hines.

My Cars
    1996 bmw 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by Racerhoze
    yeah, and be sure not to leave out D & D auto tinting from your list to call
    D&D ???

My Cars
    2002 330i, 1989 535i
    D&D ???
    yes, its where Moritz BMW of arlington gets all of their cars tinted, they quoted me 150 for my car.
    D & D

My Cars
    Wreck Miata,Dirty Thirty
    D&D ???
    On Abrams in arlington. They do Moritz's tinting.

My Cars
    '06 RX-8, '06 MX-5, '04 GTI 1.8T
    I might be in for an Audi TT.
    Thomas / 97 M3 Sedan SOLD!

My Cars
    '97 328is
    Definitely in for the Caprice now that it's TX DOT legal.

My Cars
    Elise, Evora, NSX,Z4
    Quote Originally Posted by 97Msedan
    I might be in for an Audi TT.

you have a TT? I have been toying the idea about getting one for awhile now. Are they good daily drivers?

My Cars
    My better half will be driving it as a daily driver. It's a coupe, 180 hp, no turbo lag whatsoever.

Its got a pretty firm suspension, but is fairly comfortable and quiet. It's a little difficult to get in and out of but it seems to be a good car so far. Definitely will get you a lot of looks (but of course you already have a Porsche).

My Cars
    '97 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by 97Msedan
    My better half will be driving it as a daily driver. It's a coupe, 180 hp, no turbo lag whatsoever.
    Is the TT is based off of the same drivetrain as the one in the Beetle Turbo S? Friend convinced me to test drive one, I only agreed to so I could beat the crap out of it (does NICE 5K rev launches ). Was actually very impressed with the powertrain.

My Cars
    Elise, Evora, NSX,Z4
    thats cool that you have a better half, I only have a worst half. I kid I kid. My wife had the beetle, surprising fun to drive FWD vehicle. I too have been eyeing the TT for awhile. and the price has finally began dropped.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretAznMan4u
    thats cool that you have a better half, I only have a worst half. I kid I kid. My wife had the beetle, surprising fun to drive FWD vehicle. I too have been eyeing the TT for awhile. and the price has finally began dropped.
    Yep, the prices have definitely dropped.

My Cars
    '02 ///M3 - '06 X5 - '03 S/C S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyfresh84
    Say all you want Eric, there is a reason that the E46 was built, because its better than the E36.
    All I can think of is owned,

CAR IS SOLD 2002 ///M3 w/ Stoptech Big Brake Kit - Active Autowerkes Exhaust - Ground Control Camber Plates - Ground Control Coil Overs - Ground Control Adjustable Control Arms - K&N Typhoon #63 CAI - 19' HRE's 545R's

My Cars
    2006 e90 330
    There is a very good chance I'll move to the Dallas area before summer, what is the legal tint in Texas and how often is enforced by cops? I'll follow this thread to see who you guys end up going with, so that I can have my windows tinted. I have a 325 with 35%, and the wife's Jetta with 20%. I want to do the Cooper 20 %, but I'll wait until I move. Thanks in advance.

510 RWHP/ 485 RWTQ R.I.P.

My Cars
    '97 328is
    For Texas:

This law restricts the amount of window film darkness on all side windows combined with any existing tint already in the glass to no darker than a number total of 35% 25%LT (LT = light transmission). If the car has 2 outside door mirrors (one on each side) it allows any darkness on the rear wind shield. If the car has only 1 outside mirror the car is only allowed a total of 35% 25%LT on all windows including the rear wind shield. It does allow front windshields to be tinted measured down from the top of the windshield 5 inches or to the AS1 line which ever measurement comes first (most cars have this AS1 line & some don't). Total of 35% 25%LT allowed here as well. 1987 and older are not excluded from this law any more.

My Cars
    2006 e90 330
    Quote Originally Posted by Blke36
    For Texas:

This law restricts the amount of window film darkness on all side windows combined with any existing tint already in the glass to no darker than a number total of 35% 25%LT (LT = light transmission). If the car has 2 outside door mirrors (one on each side) it allows any darkness on the rear wind shield. If the car has only 1 outside mirror the car is only allowed a total of 35% 25%LT on all windows including the rear wind shield. It does allow front windshields to be tinted measured down from the top of the windshield 5 inches or to the AS1 line which ever measurement comes first (most cars have this AS1 line & some don't). Total of 35% 25%LT allowed here as well. 1987 and older are not excluded from this law any more.

Thanks for the info. How often does police enforce this law. In Maryland is the same....35%, but cops do not enforce it much.

510 RWHP/ 485 RWTQ R.I.P.

My Cars
    '97 328is
    bump

My Cars
    1996 bmw 328i

Best DFW Tint deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After calling around this is the best tint deal I could find:

[QUOTE=DallasE46]I just got off the phone with John, owner of Audio Depot and Tint Depot, 817-466-2441. He has made a price for Bimmerforum.com members as the following.

Sedan and Coupe $120.00
    Single/Two Window $30.00
    Strip and Re-tint $ 160.00

Let everyone know! All they have to do is go down there and mention my name(Greg) and Bimmerforums.com, group or not to get that price! [/QUOTE]

I called around and Greg's deal was the best prices on tint with lifetime warranty. Also, others wanted everyone there the same day between 8am and 5pm and for most of us that just wasn't going to work. So everyone who takes advantage of this deal should thank Greg!!!

My Cars
    Plus, they do really good work! Feel free to check out my car sometime.

Good Luck everyone!

Greg

My Cars
    Elise, Evora, NSX,Z4
    Quote Originally Posted by DallasE46
    Plus, they do really good work! Feel free to check out my car sometime.

Good Luck everyone!

Greg

are these the guys on matlock, next to joes pizza and pasta?

My Cars
    No thank you
    Will they go any darker than 35???
    BMWCCA #364799
    Peake SRS airbag reset/diagnostic tool $95 shipped
    Searching for my 848 Unicorn
    "Have a mind that's open to everything, get attached to nothing" - Busey-ism

My Cars
    E70 X5D & R56 MCS
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Chef
    Will they go any darker than 35???
    I would also like to know this I had my 325 done to 35% and thought it was to light, but then again it had tan interior and my m3 has black so 35% may be plenty for this car.
    -Kyle 1995 Custom Turbo M3 SOLD!

My Cars
    Wreck Miata,Dirty Thirty
    D&D tint on Abrams will, shhhhh.

My Cars
    '09 Mini Cooper
    After calling around this is the best tint deal I could find:

[QUOTE=DallasE46]I just got off the phone with John, owner of Audio Depot and Tint Depot, 817-466-2441. He has made a price for Bimmerforum.com members as the following.

Sedan and Coupe $120.00
    Single/Two Window $30.00
    Strip and Re-tint $ 160.00

Let everyone know! All they have to do is go down there and mention my name(Greg) and Bimmerforums.com, group or not to get that price!

I called around and Greg's deal was the best prices on tint with lifetime warranty. Also, others wanted everyone there the same day between 8am and 5pm and for most of us that just wasn't going to work. So everyone who takes advantage of this deal should thank Greg!!!
    so has any1 taken advantage of this price ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast