New BL turbo kit.
    BL T61 .68 ar turbine

9 psi (pump gas)
    407.8 whp 337.8 wtq

14.7psi (pump gas)
    492.9 whp 418.4 wtq

17 psi (50/50 with 109 unleaded)
    563.34 whp 484.3 wtq

I will be posting the video of the dyno's and better pictures of the dyno graph once i get the raw data file.
    Last edited by moadster; 02-23-2005 at 01:02 AM.

Turbo '99 M Roadster
    11.49@130.4 and 570whp@16psi on a stock m52 shortblock.
    WTB: Low compression M52 pistons & GT30r or 35r
    FS: PT-67 DBB turbo, freshly rebuilt
    PM me with questions.

My Cars
    2010 BMW 135i Coupé
    Pardon my french, but HOLY SH*T!

Mark one down for the roady's!

Very impressive numbers. Between you and ShawnM, the roadsters are coming out in force!

Hopefully I will join the FI ranks soon!
    -Dustin

My Cars
    99 M coupe
    wow...nice numbers...

what were you guys using for tuning? tec-3?

Rukman

My Cars
    1999 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by rukman
    wow...nice numbers...

what were you guys using for tuning? tec-3?

Rukman
    This was done on the base kit w/ larger injectors and the optional upgraded MAF. E-manage was used to tweak the fuel curve.

Turbo '99 M Roadster
    PM me with questions.

///3oris is offline "Diogenes the Cynic"
    My Cars
    '96 M3 Turbo, '04 Yamaha R6
    Very nice numbers, but looks like a huge exhaust. I wonder why it has late torque? What RPM do you get full boost in that baby? Any more specs please?

I'd opt for something smaller unless you plan on running more boost (you probably are...).

Boris
    '96 Cosmos Black M3 422rwhp/407rwtq SAE @ 13psi / 444rwhp/444rwtq SAE @ 14.5psi
    Engine/Drivetrain: Technique Tuning Stage 2 Turbo TT Turbo Exhaust, M50 Manifold, TMS Oil Baffles, SSR Comps, SPEC Stage II Clutch, UUC SSK, Titanium Cavallino Ti-130R Shift Knob, UUC TME, EMC Diff Bolt, RCCA's. Suspension: GC Coil-overs, GC RSMs, GC RTABs, GC Trans Mount; H&R SB. Instrumentation: VDO Boost, VDO Oil Press, VDO Oil Temp, VDO Water Temp, BMW Traffic Pro Navigation, Valentine One TODO: W/A Injection

My Cars
    99 M coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by ///3oris
    Very nice numbers, but looks like a huge exhaust. I wonder why it has late torque? What RPM do you get full boost in that baby? Any more specs please?

I'd opt for something smaller unless you plan on running more boost (you probably are...).

Boris
    i was thinking the same thing...

just looked at the moadster old T61 dyno chart @ 15psi as well as Omar's old t61 chart at 19psi and noticed that tq doesn't drop off as much as it approaches redline.....

relative to the "smaller" turbos everyone else is running looks like peak boost comes on later...but once it does it stays strong...
    Last edited by rukman; 02-23-2005 at 01:18 AM.

My Cars
    BMW
    Damn! That is impressive.

My Cars
    E34 535i TCD S3 Turbo, e46 m3
    very impressive. do you have any pics of this new tubular manifold. i remember you talking about this setup a while back. glad to see it is finally coming to fruition.

TCD S3 Completed! 400 rwhp/455 tq. Tuned by Larry Strouth @ HP Works.
    www.Turbochargingdynamics.com
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...929post7215929 <-------Parts for sale

My Cars
    1999 M Roadster
    Video of the dyno runs here. Please right click and save as.

Dyno Runs

Turbo '99 M Roadster
    PM me with questions.

My Cars
    01 330, 95 Jeep, 99 CLK430
    Nice numbers Moadster...

Now to analyze(or overanalyze) some of the posts.

Why does it spool later?
    Quite Simply... turbo and manifold. This header design(tubular) is very efficient at keeping backpressure to a minimum as well as offering complete upgradability by using a T4 flange. This means that you sacrifice a little bit of spool for better engine breathing, and therefore, more efficiency. More efficiency(up top) equates to more power. This also makes for an extremely linear power and torque transition, making it much easier to drive at the limit. This way, you have a very broad torque curve for 3000rpm. If you cannot match gears to keep it in that broad of an rpm span, maybe you shouldn't be driving a BMW

There is more, but I am a little bit sleepy and need to get some rest.

FWIW, This turbocharger and MAF setup is maxed out at the current race gas levels(17psi), or we simply would have gone higher and tried to make some really impressive numbers. This combination would be perfect for a nice street/strip application when you wanted to show those menacing BPU and small single turbo Supras who the real boss is. The car is an absolute blast to drive and thoroughly impressive.

Justin

My Cars
    95' M3, 98' M3/4
    Those are some nice numbers!!! How about some photos of this tubular manifold and turbo?

My Cars
    98' M3
    Nice job, guys. Great numbers.

My Cars
    AA Stage 2 M3, Acura MDX
    Are those numbers with stock cams or do you use a turbo cam setup?

How do you think things would change if you stuck a GT35 on there? Would you have earlier torque and maintain thru the top end?

My Cars
    a
    Very nice #s.... congrats

hukalaki - I believe josh posted a dyno sheet showing the difference the GT36 Vs the T61 made on his setup... I'll see if I can dig it up and post a link...

-Dave

My Cars
    AA Stage 2 M3, Acura MDX
    Quote Originally Posted by DakarDave
    Very nice #s.... congrats

hukalaki - I believe josh posted a dyno sheet showing the difference the GT36 Vs the T61 made on his setup... I'll see if I can dig it up and post a link...

-Dave
    Dave, Thanks. I have seen Josh's dyno sheet and note the shift to the left for the GT35. My question is whether the GT 35 would continue to support the top end the way the T61 does, or if each turbo has an effective torque band, and one is simply moving it to the right or left depending on manifold/header configuration, trim, etc.

In a related question, is the good topend from the manifold moving the t61's range to the right, or is it from turbo cams? I don't know how big the impact of cams are on spreading and flattening the torque curve, if at all.

Moadster, again, great great numbers.

My Cars
    97 M3 99 Z3M
    Wow, those are some awesome numbers! Congrats! Any in-car videos to see how thw T61 spools on the street?
    1997 M3
    1999 Z3 M Coupe - Turbocharged

My Cars
    1999 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by hukalaki
    Dave, Thanks. I have seen Josh's dyno sheet and note the shift to the left for the GT35. My question is whether the GT 35 would continue to support the top end the way the T61 does, or if each turbo has an effective torque band, and one is simply moving it to the right or left depending on manifold/header configuration, trim, etc.

In a related question, is the good topend from the manifold moving the t61's range to the right, or is it from turbo cams? I don't know how big the impact of cams are on spreading and flattening the torque curve, if at all.

Moadster, again, great great numbers.
    This was done on stock cams. The GT35R exhaust wheel is actually 2 steps smaller than the P trim.The P trim 61, compared to the GT35R 61, should flow about 30RWHP more.

Turbo '99 M Roadster
    PM me with questions.

My Cars
    TurboVert, MCoupe, 335xi
    Quote Originally Posted by moadster
    This was done on stock cams. The GT35R exhaust wheel is actually 2 steps smaller than the P trim.The P trim 61, compared to the GT35R 61, should flow about 30RWHP more.
    Yeah...I've measure a StageV wheel, GT35R wheel, and a P-Trim all at the same time. The P-Trim is about 3 or 4mm larger diameter than the GT35R wheel.
    There are some definite differences in the shape of the exhaust wheel for the GT35R compared to the straighter P-Trim and Slightly Curved StageV wheel. I'll post up some pictures of each if people are interested.

So Blaise....

Any plans to run 19 or 21 psi???

My Cars
    Bmw E36 330i , Mazda 3
    Great explanation Justinn, you can't have fast spool in the lower rpm and still expect to make big power up top its one or the other no if and buts.

Don't care you how size the turbo if you want to make big power up in the midrange to top end then there will always be a slight performance drop in the lower end.

I love the way this motor makes power very flat torque 4500 to 6200 rpm and then who care if torque drops off after 6200rpm the hp climbs higher, very nice.

Most other dyno posted make torque quicky and drops off within 500rpm maybe some prefer that quick spool but I prefer a wider torque band that the hp increases as the rev gets higher.

Damm once spooled must just pull so hard and solid.

Congrats.
    AA Stage 1 Gen III, BMP head gasket, Bored Throttle Body, 3.0"DnPipe & Custom exhaust with AA Gen 2, Aquamist 1s water/methanol injection,
    Last dynojet Aug 02 248c SAE 369whp/354ft-lbs at 10.5psi, 1/4mile 12.6@116mph
    New Sept 02 Head work and exhaust porting, April 04:UUC Pulleys, Turbo to intercooler pipe 2.5" Aug 04 3.5"HFM,11.5psi

My Cars
    97 M3 99 Z3M
    Anyone want to comment on what sort of software/fuel management this car is running? Is it OBDI or OBDII? How did you hook up the emanage to work? Will this software/fuel package be included with the BL kits?

Joe
    1997 M3
    1999 Z3 M Coupe - Turbocharged

My Cars
    1995 m3, 2009 jetta tdi
    any pics of the tubular manifold and turbo setup?? i would love to see it.
    95 m3

turbo avus

My Cars
    87 325is 95 325
    man that thing is crazy.

My Cars
    Rogue 3 TTs2.5 / Rubicon
    moadster - what's the CFM rating of that header at 9 psi?

those are good numbers but the torque looks a bit off. then again, I'm still a noob at the boost game so I'd like to see what's doing what for you.

thanks
    Ron

Hey man, I'm a professional!

My Cars
    Lots.

THat AFR is ridiculously good looking! Very Impressive.
    915whp '98 M3 Sedan /// 37k Mile '95 M3

My Cars
    1999 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by ADVANT123
    Anyone want to comment on what sort of software/fuel management this car is running? Is it OBDI or OBDII? How did you hook up the emanage to work? Will this software/fuel package be included with the BL kits?

Joe

It is currently running an obd1 computer and wiring harness with an E manage to control fuel. I have an upgraded fuel pump, regulator, rail, injectors and MAF that is an option on BL kits.

As far as running 19-21 psi, well I would but that turbo is out of air.....maybe it't time for something bigger.

Turbo '99 M Roadster
    PM me with questions.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast