Thread: please help blower motor

My Cars
    95325is

please help blower motor

can enyone please explain how to remove the blower motor without breaking the two fans pictures would really help thanks the cars a 95 325is.
    Last edited by rockafellow; 01-30-2005 at 11:03 PM.

My Cars
    '05 Ram 1500
    I'm doing this this weekend. I will take as many pictures as I can and do a write up if possible. I'm sure I'm going to have to do my own troubleshooting as well since I cant find any writeups on this myself, so I will try to include potential problems in the writeup.

My Cars
    '05 Ram 1500
    Ended up putting this off until this weekend. Still sorting through my pics and adding arrows where they need to be .

Will post the writeup soon. I will put the link to it in this thread.

My Cars
    CitysStreetsBMW
    i took my blower motor out the other day i didnt have any trouble at all but make sure the wipers are in the right poistion couse arms can get in the way

My Cars
    '05 Ram 1500
    Did you install a new or used one?

I agree it's pretty straight forward, but I installed a used one, and had to bend some metal in order to get it to go into its spot. Will get my pics up soon...

My Cars
    CitysStreetsBMW
    i only took it out to sell it it diodnt reinstall anything

My Cars
    '05 Ram 1500
    Finally got version 1.0 of the write-up. I am going to update it a bit, later.

http://www.sqbimmer.com/dump/e36_blower_motor/

My Cars
    1992 325i
    Good write-up SQ Bimmer. This should go to the E36 DIY file.

My Cars
    325is and one more
    Great write up. Thanks
    A garage replaced my blower motor and proceeded to break both fans in the process. They said that was the only way to get the blower motor out. Ummmmmmmmm

Fans are not cheap either, >$250 if you can believe that.

So did you have to break your fans as well?

My Cars
    1992 325i
    I believe he broke the existing fan blades and installed the used blower. Now I'm wondering if he tested the used blower first before installing?

My Cars
    '05 Ram 1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlemm92
    I believe he broke the existing fan blades and installed the used blower. Now I'm wondering if he tested the used blower first before installing?
    I did, I think I mention that in the writeup. All I did was strap it into place, made sure the fan blades didnt rub anything, connect the wires, and turned it on. I also had to push the electrival connections down, as they were hitting the fan blades, that was no big deal though, just bent them out of the way, and cut off part of the tape that was hanging off the wires so they didn't get caught up in the fan blades. It worked much better than the old one (which I had to push start to get it to spin), so I covered it up. If it didn't work, I was just gonna go buy a new one for $250 or whatever they are going for.

I will have to go through and revise it and add all this detail to it. I havent taken pics of the old blower motor busted apart yet but will add that to the writeup today, lol.