Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Performance Exhaust

My Cars
    1995 Alpine White 325is

Question Which Performance Exhaust

What is your take on these exhausts and which one should i go with??? Keep in mind Cost, performance gains, Loudness, and fitting. I am looking for a midrange priced exhaust that has a nice deep growel to it not overly loud

My Cars
    2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK430, 92 325i/4
    Stromung sounds like what you're looking for

My Cars
    Vicla
    Or Borla.

My Cars
    1998 M3
    I personally want to get the supersprint. I hear it is an excellent exhaust and not too loud. I think eurosportdesign.com has them on sale right now.

My Cars
    2010 535i, 2002 530i
    here's what i suggest!!! on my 93 325is i converted the dual setup to a single FULL 2 1/2" setup.

the muffler shop cut out the factory cat setup right where the two downpipes x together for the o2 sensor. it goes from there 2 1/2" to a single 3" resonator...........went with the 3" so it wouldn't hurt performance. after the resonator it goes back to 2 1/2" to a single/single out 2 1/2" flowmaster 40 series muffler. then to a single in dual out angled cut tip. he also cut the 02 sensor bung off of the factory setup and welded it on to the new setup.

i got pictures and if someone can host them on here i will show them.

1. cost---$230 out the dorr for everything!!!! can you say hell ya!!!!

2. sound---words can't describe......ok ya they can "unfriggen-believeable" sounds soooo much healthier. at idle it has a nice little girgle. at cruising there really isn't that anyoying drone sound at all. at wide open the thing just opens up and says "R-O-A-R!"

3. performance---i got an auto so all you fello slush box owners know how slow it is until about 20mph. i goined so much torque down low definitely noticable. and on the top end it pulls sooo much harder to red line!

i need to get some video action so you all can hear how good it looks and how retarded-awesome it sounds!!

this is by far the most noticable gain i have experinced besides the chip!

i would say everyone should do this mod it is welllll worth it!!!

nick
    2010 535i M-Sport --- JB4 G5 / Custom E85 Backend flash / 100% E85 / MHD with 7" tablet / BMS Meth kit / N20 TMAP / Fuel-It Stage II pump / Fuel-It TBI kit / VRSF Turbo inlets / VRSF kittyless DPs / custom 3.5" single exhaust / VRSF CP Tial BOV / CXRacing FMIC / Custom 2 catch can setup / NGK 5992s @ 0.020" / Kosei K8R 17" lightweight front & rear drag wheels / MT 275/40/17 drag radials

Coming in May: Hexon RR700 turbos, VTT silicone turbo outlets, MFactory LSD with full build, DSS 1000hp axles, PTF custom tune

2002 530i --- Daily cruiser ride

My Cars
    '97 328i '73 Porsche
    Quote Originally Posted by CaucAzian1310
    What is your take on these exhausts and which one should i go with??? Keep in mind Cost, performance gains, Loudness, and fitting. I am looking for a midrange priced exhaust that has a nice deep growel to it not overly loud
    I've had this Bosal Bros. exhaust for about a year now and I LOVE it! It is a high quality performance cat-back and sounds great! And not too loud like UUC. I challenge anyone to find a better Cat-Back for the money. I bought mine from these folks... $294 delivered!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33630

My Cars
    FJ,Tahoe, F800GS,Piaggio
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW&PorscheDude
    I've had this Bosal Bros. exhaust for about a year now and I LOVE it! It is a high quality performance cat-back and sounds great! And not too loud like UUC. I challenge anyone to find a better Cat-Back for the money. I bought mine from these folks... $294 delivered!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33630
    How does it fit? Do you have any pics of it on the car?
    shopping... F30, Sportline, Silver, Red...

My Cars
    Jetta
    buy the edge motorwerks exhaust. It is half the price of the competitors with the same gain and any sound level you want: quiet or loud.
    To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine
    You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do. — Anne Lamott
    Custom watch straps for sale

FOR SALE: watch straps!!

E36 DIY: My articles are now located in the E36 DIY page

My Cars
    BART
    Quote Originally Posted by old skool
    buy the edge motorwerks exhaust. It is half the price of the competitors with the same gain and any sound level you want: quiet or loud.
    true story. get edge.

My Cars
    FJ,Tahoe, F800GS,Piaggio

My Cars
    2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK430, 92 325i/4
    I've installed all kinds of exhausts on my 325, from custom 2.5" piping all the way back, remus, supersprint, no cats, with cats, m3 exhaust, 328 exhaust. I like the conservative sound that wont make me want to crank my music to ignore the droaning of the muffler, so I recommend an M3 exhaust, Remus and Supersprint (all semi-quiet)

My Cars
    89 325ix, 85 eta
    Quote Originally Posted by 93nitemare
    here's what i suggest!!! on my 93 325is i converted the dual setup to a single FULL 2 1/2" setup.

the muffler shop cut out the factory cat setup right where the two downpipes x together for the o2 sensor. it goes from there 2 1/2" to a single 3" resonator...........went with the 3" so it wouldn't hurt performance. after the resonator it goes back to 2 1/2" to a single/single out 2 1/2" flowmaster 40 series muffler. then to a single in dual out angled cut tip. he also cut the 02 sensor bung off of the factory setup and welded it on to the new setup.

i got pictures and if someone can host them on here i will show them.

1. cost---$230 out the dorr for everything!!!! can you say hell ya!!!!

2. sound---words can't describe......ok ya they can "unfriggen-believeable" sounds soooo much healthier. at idle it has a nice little girgle. at cruising there really isn't that anyoying drone sound at all. at wide open the thing just opens up and says "R-O-A-R!"

3. performance---i got an auto so all you fello slush box owners know how slow it is until about 20mph. i goined so much torque down low definitely noticable. and on the top end it pulls sooo much harder to red line!

i need to get some video action so you all can hear how good it looks and how retarded-awesome it sounds!!

this is by far the most noticable gain i have experinced besides the chip!

i would say everyone should do this mod it is welllll worth it!!!

nick

host them here: http://imageshack.us/index3.php
    let's see some pics!
    Hold on let me get my laptop and read this on the toilet.
    --DrDub

My Cars
    Boring E36
    Do a search
    U MAD?

My Cars
    FJ,Tahoe, F800GS,Piaggio
    Quote Originally Posted by LWRNCE
    Do a search
    Thanks for the contribution and insight. Such wisdom is always appreciated by all...

My Cars
    Boring E36
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramer
    Thanks for the contribution and insight. Such wisdom is always appreciated by all...
    Yeah no problem what you dont understand is that there was a huge thread with videos of each and every exhaust. It helps to use it sometimes you know
    U MAD?

My Cars
    FJ,Tahoe, F800GS,Piaggio
    Don't remember seeing the Edge Motorworks system in it. But, I've been wrong b-4. Odds are I will be again.

--> Ooops. thar she blows! <--

My Cars
    BART
    Hey Law how much did you get your suspension set up for? I'm looking for an M suspension set up. Also how hard was it to install?

BTW, I saw you got good ass parking today at school. My ass parked across the street . DO you know who has the 328is with Remus exhaust?

My Cars
    2007 Honda Civic
    Cost (bang for buck) - Edge
    Sorta better quality, bigger name, more expensive, full stainless steel (IIRC) - Stromung

My Cars
    Boring E36
    Quote Originally Posted by jonjon0nline
    Hey Law how much did you get your suspension set up for? I'm looking for an M suspension set up. Also how hard was it to install?

BTW, I saw you got good ass parking today at school. My ass parked across the street . DO you know who has the 328is with Remus exhaust?
    nah I dont know I always get the good parking haha. How much are you getting it for? I can help you out with the install. I did Lambino17's suspension Bilstein with H&R springs.

sorry about the hijack... It comes down to how much money you want and what sort of sound.
    U MAD?

My Cars
    BART
    Eh, I'm clueless to how much it should cost. That's why I ask.

My Cars
    Boring E36
    Eh, I'm clueless to how much it should cost. That's why I ask.

Oh and yea, the EDGE or AA Gen III are exhaust I'm looking at. As long as they're straight tip lol j/k.
    You see my diffuser? haha I had to get it because my Gen III sticks out too much. My first class started at 7am and then I get out at 9:30am go home and sleep. Suspension should cost no more than 350+shipping. I got mine for $350 shipped with 45k miles on them.
    U MAD?

My Cars
    BART
    M3 diffuser?! Bavauto?

My Cars
    Boring E36
    OEM m3 diffuser painted cosmos black.
    U MAD?

My Cars
    BART
    On your stock bumper? how'd you do it? got a write up or something

My Cars
    Boring E36
    On your stock bumper? how'd you do it? got a write up or something
    Yeah look up my name... M3 difusser towards the end of the thread.
    U MAD?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast