Thread: Did I find burried treasure? Leather-find

My Cars
    07 335i, 05 X5, 82 320i

Did I find burried treasure? Leather-find

I have been struggling with a question for months, or shall I say since I bought my car. I have a 95 Lux with Black/Champagne interior. The interior is spotless, except the driver seat which is in terrible condition. It's very dirty, and although the seat padding is in great shape, the finish is near completely worn off the bolster (Hard to believe huh). So I have been looking into leatherique dye kit -- $115, plus $30 for custom color if you don't want straight "black, red, blue, green, etc." Quite expensive for something I haven't seen pictures of and have heard that it can potentially leave the leather feeling fake and non leathery. I found this

http://www.leathermagic.com/secure/e...hart.asp?cid=4

This is a color chart specifically with BMW colors, much cheaper, and what they claim "Leaves the leather looking AND feeling brand new, doesn't make leather feel fake." To me it seems like the gateway to changing the color I dont like and make it look new rather than 10 years old.

Anybody have experience with it?

I sold this car after a very lengthy restoration, but it's just too pretty to remove from my sig.

My Cars
    95 M3
    Ill have to check it out later tonight when I get home. Ive taken all my seats out and was gonna buy leatherique stuff, but maybe ill try this stuff instead.

My Cars
    Avus Blue M3
    This stuff looks good, like MagicMender.

ColorPlus is exactly like leatherique and has BMW colors like Dove Grey, etc. like this stuff. However, it should last a little longer, but either way you go, your leather should look real nice.
    blahosidfnsd

My Cars
    '95 M3, '91 Miata, '05 SV650S
    Jeeze I should know this, but I don't....which of those grays listed is the one you find in a '95 M3...is it Dove?

My Cars
    95 avus blue m3
    yep dove grey is the color. My driver side needs to be redone something terrible.

My Cars
    95 M3 Arctic Silver...01 Tacoma 4x4
    I just ordered a kit, like 48 bucks shipped, says enough to do to buckets.
    SOLD

My Cars
    '16 F82 M4 Comp
    I am planning on changin my door panel inserts to blue to match the exterior color. I am debating whether to use this product or Leatherique. Please update this thread once you have received and used the product.
    Thanks!

p.s. By the way, I will soon have an all black interior after swapping with a friend who has a techno violet.
    '05 330Ci ZHP

My Cars
    '95 M3, '91 Miata, '05 SV650S
    Which kit are you guys looking at to refinish just the bucket seats...the leather re-dye kit? Or one of the repair kits. I'm confused.

GGray is offline Did someone say racetrack BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    A few BMW's...

Vht

Try VHT penatrating dye. I just did my entire interior looks like new and feel just like great! ANd its fairly cheap. I have a thread on it alredy search it and read there.
    Gary Gray

If you can take it apart you can make it faster!

My Cars
    1998 M3 Sedan (Sold)
    Just bought the dye kit and leather cleaner from these guys (LeatherMagic), and will test it out.

My Cars
    95 M3
    I think that should look pretty awesome if you pull it off right. Are you gonna have them actually painted or get a can of dye the color of the outside of the car. Either way keep me informed sounds like a pretty cool little project.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhox
    I am planning on changin my door panel inserts to blue to match the exterior color. I am debating whether to use this product or Leatherique. Please update this thread once you have received and used the product.
    Thanks!

p.s. By the way, I will soon have an all black interior after swapping with a friend who has a techno violet.

My Cars
    '16 F82 M4 Comp
    I plan on getting a "royal blue" dye of some sort. Not too light, not too dark. I think the "BMW blue" shown on LeatherMagic's site would look great on an Avus blue car like your's. I have a swatch of interior leather that I can test on to make sure it looks right before I actually do the panels. It sould be a pretty unique interior. I have the lux package, so I am painting the wood trim either satin or metallic black with a hard clearcoat. I thought about metallic estoril blue, but thought that would be a little overboard for a 33 year old attorney.
    '05 330Ci ZHP

My Cars
    95 M3
    I just got the kit in today. Heres a pic of what came. Hopefully ill get this done soon and post up some pics of the seats when they are done!
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    1987 M6, 2014 M5

Minor hijack: How far can you go?

I've got an e36 'vert (328) that I'm trying to get Vader seats for. Only problem is my interior is beige, and I've never seen Vaders in this color. Any thoughts as to whether I could dye Dove Grey Vaders beige without causing problems?

Antihero - I'm looking forward to your thoughts on this stuff.

Thanks,

BB
    BigBilly
    1987 M6 Cinnabar Red (I think) / 2014 M5 Alpine White / 1998 328iC - sold
    Hey everybody - it's been a while. Glad to see BF.com is still thriving.
    Any pointers on care and feeding of an E24 are appreciated.

My Cars
    07 335i, 05 X5, 82 320i
    You shouldn't have a problem doing that because you would be going slightly darker...you also possibly could die the entire interior dove gray...

I sold this car after a very lengthy restoration, but it's just too pretty to remove from my sig.

My Cars
    95 M3 Arctic Silver...01 Tacoma 4x4
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbilly
    I've got an e36 'vert (328) that I'm trying to get Vader seats for. Only problem is my interior is beige, and I've never seen Vaders in this color. Any thoughts as to whether I could dye Dove Grey Vaders beige without causing problems?

Antihero - I'm looking forward to your thoughts on this stuff.

Thanks,

BB
    What color is your car? I don't like Dove Gray, unfortunately that's what I have so i thought I would at least enhance the Dove.

edit: I misunderstood your post. I think you could dye beige over the dove. See my thread "Titan Gray/Dove Gray Vaders"....VERY light coats is the secret.

The color is a BMW color called "Titan Gray". If you're going to change the whole interior consider this color.

SOLD