Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: T61 vs GT35R

My Cars
    Porsche, BMW, Land Rover

T61 vs GT35R

Here is a comparison for the debate of how capable the GT35R is compared to the T61. Same car (mine), and same setup minus the turbo swap.

T61 run is at 20 psi. The turbo is the standard trim AA uses.

GT35R runs are at 19 psi. The turbo has a 0.82 housing, not the larger 1.06.

In the GT35R runs, it was spinning the tires on the dyno with Nitto drag radials on the car.

http://www.icsperformance.com/Cust%2...%20v%20t61.htm

///3oris is offline "Diogenes the Cynic"
    My Cars
    '96 M3 Turbo, '04 Yamaha R6
    Very nice comparison Josh. It shows that the compressors flow about equal amount of air... but the GT35R has much better spool... it probably has a smaller Turbine than the T-61 (or probably clipped for crappy spool with a low A/R). What are the complete specs on the T-61?

Thanks,

Boris

P.S. Nice numbers... your car is a monster!
    '96 Cosmos Black M3 422rwhp/407rwtq SAE @ 13psi / 444rwhp/444rwtq SAE @ 14.5psi
    Engine/Drivetrain: Technique Tuning Stage 2 Turbo TT Turbo Exhaust, M50 Manifold, TMS Oil Baffles, SSR Comps, SPEC Stage II Clutch, UUC SSK, Titanium Cavallino Ti-130R Shift Knob, UUC TME, EMC Diff Bolt, RCCA's. Suspension: GC Coil-overs, GC RSMs, GC RTABs, GC Trans Mount; H&R SB. Instrumentation: VDO Boost, VDO Oil Press, VDO Oil Temp, VDO Water Temp, BMW Traffic Pro Navigation, Valentine One TODO: W/A Injection

My Cars
    1995 S/C 540i/6spd 4.4L...1990 535i/5spd
    WOW! :hotflash

My Cars
    wide hooptie
    Thats awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Josh, quick question on this run. I'm assuming YES on all these but just thought I ask to confirm.
    1. Was this on full race gas.
    2. Was this on open pipe (no cats).
    3. Was this run still on the 440cc injectors?

"If you want to see misery, give people more than what they need." -C.S. Lewis

My Cars
    Oh... is it possible to post the corresponding AFR's for those runs please? I'm more interested in the low end where you get the better spool.

Thanks,

Boris
    Engine/Drivetrain: Technique Tuning Stage 2 Turbo TT Turbo Exhaust, M50 Manifold, TMS Oil Baffles, SSR Comps, SPEC Stage II Clutch, UUC SSK, Titanium Cavallino Ti-130R Shift Knob, UUC TME, EMC Diff Bolt, RCCA's. Suspension: GC Coil-overs, GC RSMs, GC RTABs, GC Trans Mount; H&R SB. Instrumentation: VDO Boost, VDO Oil Press, VDO Oil Temp, VDO Water Temp, BMW Traffic Pro Navigation, Valentine One TODO: W/A Injection

My Cars
    Porsche, BMW, Land Rover
    Quote Originally Posted by jonsibal
    Thats awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Josh, quick question on this run. I'm assuming YES on all these but just thought I ask to confirm.
    1. Was this on full race gas.
    2. Was this on open pipe (no cats).
    3. Was this run still on the 440cc injectors?
    Hey Jon...

1. Pump Fuel - 93 Octane
    2. No cats
    3. All of these runs are on 550cc injectors

My Cars
    skateboard
    I was by Ics thursday and seen your dyno sheet, the #'s were real good.

My Cars
    Porsche, BMW, Land Rover
    Boris, I'm not entirely sure what the trim is on the T61. Perhaps someone here that has a Stage 4 AA kit can chime in on that. In terms of spool though, the difference really is huge. Having driven both for a good amount, I would say unless all you do is highway driving, the T61 is a not good a choice for our cars. It is quite laggy and unpredictable.
    I do not have the A/F graphs here but can say that the car is tuned a little rich to help deal with the super cold weather we have now. I'll see about getting them.
    Last edited by Josh; 12-04-2004 at 06:42 AM.

My Cars
    Awesome, thanks Josh!

So I take it you're out driving about in that little monster these days? Hows about we hook up, I want to check it out!

Boris

My Cars
    Porsche, BMW, Land Rover
    Should be picking up the car next week from George. The final tuning was finished yestarday. Hopefully the weather will hold.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    Should be picking up the car next week from George. The final tuning was finished yestarday. Hopefully the weather will hold.
    Congrats Hope next time I see you you bring her along

Boris

My Cars
    Harleys and a Tesla
    Awesome comparison, thanks for making the post.
    What EMS are you using?

My Cars
    Porsche, BMW, Land Rover
    Quote Originally Posted by ParadigmGuy
    Awesome comparison, thanks for making the post.
    What EMS are you using?

Factory OBD1 ECU with custom chip.

My Cars
    Harleys and a Tesla
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    Factory OBD1 ECU with custom chip.
    Sweet, I wanna see what a GT35R can do on a TEC 3.

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    That is so awesome! Your car is sick! Great comparison! I think George was going to try to sell me your T61. No way Jose! If I upgrade it's GT35R all the way mang!
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    977rwhp SAE and 821
    Quote Originally Posted by ///3oris
    Awesome, thanks Josh!

So I take it you're out driving about in that little monster these days? Hows about we hook up, I want to check it out!

Boris
    Why not stop by to Ics performance to check it out, also this car made 440rwhp and 405 torque on 10 psi (untunned) for the 10 psi. And believe me there is room to grow still on this turbo a/f was very very conservative.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPORTEDCARS
    Why not stop by to Ics performance to check it out, also this car made 440rwhp and 405 torque on 10 psi (untunned) for the 10 psi. And believe me there is room to grow still on this turbo a/f was very very conservative.
    We went over that before, George... if you want to talk, you know how to contact me privately.

Boris

My Cars
    977rwhp SAE and 821
    We went over that before, George... if you want to talk, you know how to contact me privately.

Boris
    I only asked if you wanted to see for yourself, I never said anything about talking, anyway in going to make 400whp tonight with Seans car tuned @ 7 psi, so I can show you, ill video it also, like we spoke before.

My Cars
    Harleys and a Tesla
    I only asked if you wanted to see for yourself, I never said anything about talking, anyway in going to make 400whp tonight with Seans car tuned @ 7 psi, so I can show you, ill video it also, like we spoke before.
    You get my e-mail about a clutch?

My Cars
    The car we talked about before made either 430 or 440rwhp @ 13psi... you were claiming it'd do over 400 @ 7psi . I'd love to see the video though...

Boris

My Cars
    BMW
    Great comparsion Josh. If only wheel spin could be avoided and we could see an actual HP peak... wheel spin at 4000rpm .

You have one amazing car... one of the the nicest in the area

Bayerische Motoren Werke

My Cars
    977rwhp SAE and 821
    The car we talked about before made either 430 or 440rwhp @ 13psi... you were claiming it'd do over 400 @ 7psi . I'd love to see the video though...

Boris
    That car made 455whp on 13 psi stock internal's, and believe me it could make much more, but.... stock internals again.

My Cars
    1995 S/C 540i/6spd 4.4L...1990 535i/5spd
    Quote Originally Posted by ///BimmerPower
    Great comparsion Josh. If only wheel spin could be avoided and we could see an actual HP peak... wheel spin at 4000rpm .

You have one amazing car... one of the the nicest in the area

I would add: in the whole of of this great US of A.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Now there is some useful information, thanks for sharing. It would be great to get more real life comparisons like this where possible.
    .-=[ Kenny ]=-. See the BFc Drag Racing Standings List for BMW street cars. Watch my drag racing movies on YouTube. Some info on
    BMW turbo street car Drag Racing 101

My Cars
    977rwhp SAE and 821
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBlonde
    Now there is some useful information, thanks for sharing. It would be great to get more real life comparisons like this where possible.
    Hey Kenny when are you going to post your Dyno sheet! Id love to see it.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast