Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The shady mother in a Civic... blah

My Cars
    97 M3, 80 320i, 07 328it

The shady mother in a Civic... blah

So, me and my friend w/ his '95 M3 (intake, Dinan chip) and myself (shark injected '97 M3) got a challenge from a mid-90's Civic hatch the other night. Our usual spot is the interstate late at night, slowing to 30-40 and running from there. Our first question (being challenged by a civic and all) was, is it turbo. The answer to that was, "I'll let you listen to it and you wont hear a turbo" ... riiight. So we just wanted him to pop the hood. He wouldnt pop it and again suggested that we just listen for a turbo (or s/c for that matter). We listened and she was quiet. From there we went ahead with it. We got out on the interstate and slowed to about 30... my friend w/ his 95 took him down first. From 30mph up to about 100-110 the M3 only got about 1 or 2 (max) car lengths on the civic. Now it was my turn. We ran again from 30 and I took him just like the 95 did. We got off the nearest exit and talked and the guy was pissed, b/c he said he had too many people in the car(4) an wanted to go again without anyone in the car. After more arguing we went ahead with it. With no people in his car he got about 4-5 cars on both myself and the 95. This was mega depressing. At this point the guy would still not pop the hood, but still claiming it was all motor. The only thing he would confess to was a B16 with type-R cams..... can this be? Just a B16? I dont know a lot about this honda stuff, but overall it was fairly depressing. I knew we would probably get beat after he unloaded, just because the type of torque you get out of one of those 4-bangers... assuming it was a 4-banger
    1997 M3 | 1980 320i | 2007 328it

My Cars
    2003 325i
    For him to take you by 4-5 cars he had to have something under that hood. Wether different engine, S/C, or turboed. If he didnt thats one of the most impressive N/A modded civics I've heard of. Probably had a different engine in his car though.
    2003 325i
    PERFORMANCE/SUSPENSION= Dinan stage 1 and 2 software, UUC underdrive pullies, X3-racing CAI
    EXTERIOR=5% Tint, hamann eyelids, Eurolite halogens, stickers,
    THE NEED FOR A MUCH FASTER CAR!!!!!! :

My Cars
    CarbonBlackE46M3, 97DSM, 02 Red/White R1
    There some really fast na hondas out there, trust me you would be suprised. My friend had a 92 hatch with just a b16 motor in it and i think skunk 2 cams or something and this thing moved. Had no interior what so ever in the car besied 2 front seats. The car revvvved up to 9k. Like I said dont underestimate hondas that much cause they can suprise you. In this world you can make anything fast long as you got money. You also have to consider how light those hatchbacks are as well. Goood kill the 1st time.....good death 2nd run.

My Cars
    328CI
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerMan20
    There some really fast na hondas out there, trust me you would be suprised. My friend had a 92 hatch with just a b16 motor in it and i think skunk 2 cams or something and this thing moved. Had no interior what so ever in the car besied 2 front seats. The car revvvved up to 9k. Like I said dont underestimate hondas that much cause they can suprise you. In this world you can make anything fast long as you got money. You also have to consider how light those hatchbacks are as well. Goood kill the 1st time.....good death 2nd run.
    Yeah, N/A Hondas can be hella fast if modded correctly. My friends GSR can take out an E36 M3 a couple of car lengths from start till 100mph. All you need is a good swap and cams, ECU, pulleys, I/H/E, ignition, timing...etc

My Cars
    '14 GLK250, '13 Abarth
    Or he had a Prelude 2.2 VTEC engine with some added work. That'll move!

1999 Cosmos Black/Dove Grey BMW ///M3 convertible - 5 speed - SOLD

2005 Atlantic Blue Pearl/Taupe Leather Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Wagon - 5 speed
    - SOLD

2014 Tenorite Grey/Black Mercedes-Benz GLK 250 - bone stock.

2013 Bianco/Rosso Abarth 500c - 5 speed

2016 Oxford White/Grey Ford Transit 250 Powerstroke 148 MR (DIY RV conversion)

My Cars
    13 X5, 90 GTR, 18 Rubi
    B16a will do fine. I only had a carlength on my friends EF2 hatch with a b16a, I/H/E. I'd say with cams and tuning, he'd have me.

Keep in mind, those pre-ek hatches are damn light.
    2013 X5 X35i (wife)
    1990 Skyline GTR
    2018 Rubicon 6MT
    2018 718 Cayman S (company car)

My Cars
    BMW-Less
    Maybe he had NawwwwwwwwwwwwwwSsssssssss!

My Cars
    996, S13, E46 E36, C4
    A mid 90's civic with a JDM H22 swap (STOCK) should be able to run even with a stock M3, possibly edging it out by a little. I've seen time slips from fellow Honda owners posting 13.7 time slips with stock H22 motors in their Civics.

I know of a guy in Fla. who posts consistent 13.7 times in his 92 Prelude (3K lbs car) with only a JDM H22, Greddy header, 2.5" cat-back, and AEM cold air intake.

I've seen time slips of Civics with H22's with simple bolt-ons run high 12's, low 13's.

I have a feeling if he said that he has a B16....he probably did. He probably built it pretty well though. Those motors are pretty impressive, too. I am not sure what it takes to make them go fast, though. I am not familiar with B series motors. Only H series.

I am sure it must be a refreshing experience losing to a car that has less displacement than a bottle of Coke. That's what makes these engines so fun.

My Cars
    '97 M3 / '93 Impreza
    again ill say it, a tuna can with a motor is fast cause it doesnt weigh anything. Dont feel bad cause you lost, you drive a real automobile, not a tuna can with an engine.

let the flaming begin

My Cars
    E39
    Quote Originally Posted by HellBilly
    let the flaming begin
    Ignorance is not bliss...

My Cars
    13 X5, 90 GTR, 18 Rubi
    again ill say it, a tuna can with a motor is fast cause it doesnt weigh anything. Dont feel bad cause you lost, you drive a real automobile, not a tuna can with an engine.

let the flaming begin
    This is what I f*cking hate about owning a BMW. Because a$$es like you try to walk over every make and model and make the rest of us look bad.

Honda's are damn good cars. I've owned two Honda cars and one Honda motorcycle.

If you've every owned a honda you would realize their excellent build quality. I mean, hell, the interiors are way more high quality than a bimmer.
    2013 X5 X35i (wife)
    1990 Skyline GTR
    2018 Rubicon 6MT
    2018 718 Cayman S (company car)

My Cars
    '14 GLK250, '13 Abarth
    Quote Originally Posted by accel junky
    If you've every owned a honda you would realize their excellent build quality. I mean, hell, the interiors are way more high quality than a bimmer.

This thread is called «shady mother in a Civic». So was there a Milf involved?

1999 Cosmos Black/Dove Grey BMW ///M3 convertible - 5 speed - SOLD

2005 Atlantic Blue Pearl/Taupe Leather Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Wagon - 5 speed
    - SOLD

2014 Tenorite Grey/Black Mercedes-Benz GLK 250 - bone stock.

2013 Bianco/Rosso Abarth 500c - 5 speed

2016 Oxford White/Grey Ford Transit 250 Powerstroke 148 MR (DIY RV conversion)

My Cars
    97 M3, 80 320i, 07 328it
    Whoa now guys, settle down. I never meant to start anything. Oh, and the thing about the interior of Hondas, er... yeah. Currently I install car stereos for company X, and when you tear apart as many interiors as I have you really see what the things are made of and how they're put together. Just from experience (I work on A LOT of Honda's) I'd say BMWs interiors are better put together as well as having higher quality materials and pieces in general. I will say that Honda's are not crap when it comes to build quality though. In general, the harder it is to do an install (pull apart) the better build quality . GMs and Fords are far worse... those plastic molded pieces look like they came out of a mold from a dollar store toy.

Wow, way to get me off subject

My Cars
    gone 1995 M3, gone M roadster
    Nice story, Im glad to hear about a death to a 4 banger without too much contempt.... B16 are great engines, 160hp stock (vtec models) for a 1.6 liter!!

My Cars
    E36/8, K12R, E91
    Good runs man... some of those things sleep and scream when they wake!
    2002 Alpine White w/ Black 368 (<OO \(||][||)/ OO>)
    Power: Custom Exhaust w/ High Flow cats, CSL headers, built, low-compression Supercharged and aftercooled S-54, ViPEC standalone ECU, Vortech V2 Si trim
    Driveline: Euro 6 speed, 3.64 diff w/ 40% Lockup, Rogue Octane SSK, UUC Red TME kit, UUC Stage 3 LTW Flywheel/M5 Clutch, SS Shift Knob
    Suspension & Brakes: TC Kline True Match Coilovers 500f/500r w/ adjustable camber plates, Racing Dynamics sways, Custom front sway endlinks, ATE fluid, UUC/Willwood BBK 6 piston f - 4 piston r , Slotted E46M3 Rotors, Stainless Lines, Strong Strut, IE Subframe & adjustable rear trailing arm bushings
    ICE & Misc: Projector Z's w/DDE & 5k HID, 19'' Gold HRE C20's, Custom Aux pwr outlet, footwell lighting, ACS Splitters, Areo Sideskirts, Custom gauge pods, Z8 Start, Pioneer AVIC Z3, Clarus Components, 10" RE Sub in a Mister-X Enclosure, Alpine PDX 4X150 + 1X600 Amps
    Coming soon: and a visit to Randy Forbes

My Cars
    97 M3, 80 320i, 07 328it
    Yeah, they were fun, we all kissed and made up after everything was done.... but i still wanted to peak under his hood.

My Cars
    98 M3/4
    Quote Originally Posted by AudioMan
    Maybe he had NawwwwwwwwwwwwwwSsssssssss!

I bet AudioMan is right. Even with a swap I think a e36 M3 should have taken him, cuz of the torq (then again you were not going from that high of a speed). If he had nos, thats a different story. My old club had a lot of hatches with b18c motor's with bolt-ons and ran mid 13's. He might have also had a JDM Type-R motor. Got like 220 or 230hp I believe.

RIP...

My Cars
    97 M3, 80 320i, 07 328it
    Please forgive my ignorance, but what does JDM stand for (if anything)... also, I feel stoopid for asking this, but what is DTM as well? I've always wanted to know.

My Cars
    996, S13, E46 E36, C4
    Quote Originally Posted by M3Cosmos
    Please forgive my ignorance, but what does JDM stand for (if anything)... also, I feel stoopid for asking this, but what is DTM as well? I've always wanted to know.
    JDM = Japanese Domestic Market.

They generally have higher performing engines in Japan compared to the US.

Simple example. JDM H22 VTEC motor has 200hp (higer compression pistons) where as the USDM H22 VTEC motor(United States Domestic Market) has 190hp.

My Cars
    '97 M3 / '93 Impreza
    Quote Originally Posted by accel junky
    This is what I f*cking hate about owning a BMW. Because a$$es like you try to walk over every make and model and make the rest of us look bad.

Honda's are damn good cars. I've owned two Honda cars and one Honda motorcycle.

kiss my ass

when did i say that hondas are bad cars? Infact i like Hondas, they make good reliable cars, and im a huge S2k and NSX fan. All i said is that a Tin can that weighs nothing isnt hard to make fast. and im sick of everyone obsessing over Hondas and how cheap and easy it is to make them fast. Look at the Lotus Elise, weighs nothing and has a 190hp MR2 motor in it, and what does it run? high 12's? By all means its Fast, but it doesnt impress me, My M3 is quick, but its still not that impressive.

And ive yet to see a Honda with a nicer interior than a BMW (aside from an NSX)

I dont go around bashing non-BMW's. So scratch that claim asshat.

My Cars
    '94 325is, '01 Civique
    i hear talk of this B16 motor a lot...is it a motor you have to buy aftermarket...or does it come from another honda? it's not the stock civic motor is it?

My Cars
    '97 M3 / '93 Impreza
    Quote Originally Posted by il Paffuto Uno
    i hear talk of this B16 motor a lot...is it a motor you have to buy aftermarket...or does it come from another honda? it's not the stock civic motor is it?
    i hear its a Torque-fuc#ing MONSTER

My Cars
    97 M3, 80 320i, 07 328it
    i hear its a Torque-fuc#ing MONSTER

My Cars
    '94 325is, '01 Civique
    DTM

My Cars
    '97 M3 / '93 Impreza
    seriously man, you swap that bitch in a old skool CRX Si and you can make 72WTQ with the right mods.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast