Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DYNO SHEET! 390whp 9PSI Mustang Dyno-Slipping Clutch

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe

DYNO SHEET! 390whp 9PSI Mustang Dyno-Slipping Clutch

I am so happy guys you have no idea! I have been waiting for my car to run nicely for 3 years! Long long story. However, I pulled my car out of that sad speed shop that gave me headaches upon headaches in January of this year. I brought the car to Chris Muzio of Mel's Auto Repair and went nuts with it. I tore almost everything out of it that the old shop had installed. Now I finally have a dyno to be proud of.

Car: 1997 M3
    Weather: Mid 80s
    Dyno: Mustang
    Fuel: C12(108) (usually run 111 but ran out tuning on street)
    Engine: S52/B32
    ECU: Haltech E6k 717
    Turbo: GT30R
    Manifold: Custom Tubular
    Compression: 10.0:1
    Pistons: JE
    Head Gasket: BMP 1.55mm
    Injectors: 48lb
    Fuel Pump: Walbro
    BOV: HKS Racing Type II
    Air Cleaner: HKS
    Intercooler: Skyline 24x10.5x3 Core
    Piping: Mostly 3"
    DP: 3"
    Exhaust: 3" all the way with Magnaflow muffler(no cats)
    Wastegate: Turbonetics Evolution
    Boost Controller: Greddy Profec B
    Clutch: Sachs Sport (slipping on this run & then blew completely next run)
    Flywheel: Sachs Lightweight
    Aquamist 1S Water Injection

Sorry that pics are blurry but they came from a video camera.

Last edited by highboostingm3; 09-19-2004 at 08:55 PM.
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

///3oris is offline "Diogenes the Cynic"
    My Cars
    '96 M3 Turbo, '04 Yamaha R6
    Congrats Cameron! I'm so glad your car is finally running... now go enjoy it!!!

Boris
    '96 Cosmos Black M3 422rwhp/407rwtq SAE @ 13psi / 444rwhp/444rwtq SAE @ 14.5psi
    Engine/Drivetrain: Technique Tuning Stage 2 Turbo TT Turbo Exhaust, M50 Manifold, TMS Oil Baffles, SSR Comps, SPEC Stage II Clutch, UUC SSK, Titanium Cavallino Ti-130R Shift Knob, UUC TME, EMC Diff Bolt, RCCA's. Suspension: GC Coil-overs, GC RSMs, GC RTABs, GC Trans Mount; H&R SB. Instrumentation: VDO Boost, VDO Oil Press, VDO Oil Temp, VDO Water Temp, BMW Traffic Pro Navigation, Valentine One TODO: W/A Injection

My Cars
    1999 Alpine White M3
    Car looks good! Congrats!

My Cars
    '01 Mcoupe / '16 Golf R
    390 whp on 8 psi???? on a mustang???// and just look how SMOOTH that graph is. It really doesn't get much better than this.

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Schneller Bayer
    390 whp on 8 psi???? on a mustang???// and just look how SMOOTH that graph is. It really doesn't get much better than this.
    9PSI but thanks a lot!

Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    05 Yukon Denali,01 MB s430,99 Tacoma,95 M3 Turbo
    Nice #'s high boostin....how does it feel?
    1995 M3 Custom Turbo, Turbonetics T66 BB,72lb injectors, Sias Tuning PnP Tec 3, IBM T30,PLX M250 wideband O2 sensor,Blitz SBC-iD Built low CR 8.5:1 motor CP Pistons,ARP head & main studs,Metric Mechanic HP Valve springs,walbro 255hp,BMP FPR,Modified fuel rail # 6 SS feed line,3in ss custom magnaflow exhaust,Lower level turbo intake,AA six puck disc, Spec Stage IV PP ,AA differential bracket,AA strut tower brace,UUC UD Pullies,UUC short shifter,UUC tranny mounts,UUC clutch stop,Fluidyne HP radiator.M3 LTW wheels Est..1001 rwhp!

Http://members.cardomain.com/bassmasterM3
    (DIY custom turbo)

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster
    Nice #'s high boostin....how does it feel?
    Thanks a ton! Well...I haven't even seen the car yet. Tuner sent me pics & dyno sheet. As you see the headlights are still out & corners too. Hood just had scoops put in it, bumpers changed a little & repainted. Here is thread with pics. Hood & bumpers just put back on today.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=255688

As you read, clutch slipped on that run. Should have made a little more hp & tq but I am stoked...no worries! Next run car made 73whp at 10PSI...umm...think clutch is toast. Ordering new clutch tomorrow. Maybe Spec 3/4. Still have SSK, ZKWs & HIDs to install. New BBKs need to be broken in too. Eventually Racelogic will be installed too which has been sitting around since November. Goal is 15PSI. So we will dyno again after breaking in new clutch to see 8PSI-15PSI power at that time. Still so stoked! I don't think the car has ever had 300whp before even on a Dynojet. So I am a happy camper indeed!

My Cars
    The Bimma.
    Congrats!!!!
    That dyno almost looks fake it's so smooth.

My Cars
    no e30
    Wow Cameron! You have waited so freakin long. Now you can finally enjoy your car! Congratulations!

Paolo

My Cars
    E36M3 Turbo 1100hp, E46M3 Turbo under surgery
    Cameron,

Congradulations. I am sharing your happiness.
    Do you have the stock clutch?

If you want a better clutch p-mail me.

It would be nice to have pics of the turbocharger and engine bay closer
    S50B32 + GT4XX = 1100 hp
    www.da-motorsport.com

E46 M3 SMG under turbo surgery

My Cars
    977rwhp SAE and 821
    Quote Originally Posted by highboostingm3
    I am so happy guys you have no idea! I have been waiting for my car to run nicely for 3 years! Long long story. However, I pulled my car out of the that sad speed shop that gave me headaches upon headaches in January of this year. I brought the car to Chris Muzio of Mel's Auto Repair and went nuts with it. I tore almost everything out of it that the old shop had installed. Now I finally have a dyno to be proud of.

Congradulations, I would have been a good idea when the motor was out to install a good set of rods too. Get yourself a VAC 140 thousands thick head gasket, to lower your compression to 9.1, and add more boost, and watch the #'s CLIMB!!!

My Cars
    99 M3 Vert
    Awesome Cameron
    Now get take that beast out on a photoshoot and make a Vid.

My Cars
    Bmw E36 330i , Mazda 3
    Cameron those are very nice numbers to have. Karl mentioned to me to upgrade my turbo to the GT30 and get a good power increase across the board but I think I'm happy with my setup.

Anyway once tuned there is nothing stopping you from hitting 475rwhp on a dynojet, at 15psi good luck and with your setup I know you will be able to hit it easily.

What fuel will you running on the street normally ? Are you going to tune with pump gas and the water injection for say 9 or 10 psi.

Will it be race gas it is all the way?

Too bad that your clutch gave out you know you are putting down some good numbers then.

You must be itching to get your car back.

The fan that is there how strong is that ? I think it moves volume but not at a high pressure. Im going to dyno mine real soon as I get time and hope the dyno guy that I go to have some decent fans as what he had last time were some cheap crap from home depot.
    AA Stage 1 Gen III, BMP head gasket, Bored Throttle Body, 3.0"DnPipe & Custom exhaust with AA Gen 2, Aquamist 1s water/methanol injection,
    Last dynojet Aug 02 248c SAE 369whp/354ft-lbs at 10.5psi, 1/4mile 12.6@116mph
    New Sept 02 Head work and exhaust porting, April 04:UUC Pulleys, Turbo to intercooler pipe 2.5" Aug 04 3.5"HFM,11.5psi

My Cars
    95 M3(T04R)Turbo,05 350Z
    Congrats...great#'s can't wait to see what 15psi is gonna put down.

My Cars
    '12 S1kRR and '08 E90 M3
    It's good to hear your car is running like it should and the headaches are finally over. It looks like your tuner did a great job with the car. If I ever make it to FI, I know I have someone local to check out. Thanks for going through the trouble of sharing your experiences. It really helps the new guys on the FI scene. Enjoy your killing spree!

Allen
    '08 E90 M3 Graphite/Black

MVEED3@gmail.com

My Cars
    E46 330ci turbo, 05 ZHP,
    Congrats on finally getting some numbers. Sounds like you're very happy so far
    Nick Glantzis
    2005 330i ZHP auto with Technique Tuning turbo kit (currently For Sale)

My Cars
    99 M coupe
    great results

why such a narrow band for the rpm's on the dyno chart?

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPORTEDCARS
    Congradulations, I would have been a good idea when the motor was out to install a good set of rods too. Get yourself a VAC 140 thousands thick head gasket, to lower your compression to 9.1, and add more boost, and watch the #'s CLIMB!!!
    Thanks George! Hehe! When the motor was out I wasn't the smartest FI guy to fall off a turnip truck. Since then I have studied & studied about it. I just followed my old tuner's advice which was all bad. He suggested the BMP HG...he probably didn't even know of VAC Motorsports. Who knows. Anyway...that is a great idea!!!! So much cheaper to just pop the head & change to a thicker HG from VAC to get 9.0:1. I have forged internals already. I just can't wait for 450whp. That is my goal for now. I will be happy with that for sure. If I want 700+whp I have the Supra.

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by rukman
    great results

why such a narrow band for the rpm's on the dyno chart?
    My tuner says that since the Mustang loads so much it is easier on the engine for a shorter band. I will tell him to start it at 2000rpm after I get a new clutch. Engine will be fine. He was just being careful. My car has been away from me for a very long time.

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by M3TurboCa
    Cameron those are very nice numbers to have. Karl mentioned to me to upgrade my turbo to the GT30 and get a good power increase across the board but I think I'm happy with my setup.

Anyway once tuned there is nothing stopping you from hitting 475rwhp on a dynojet, at 15psi good luck and with your setup I know you will be able to hit it easily.

What fuel will you running on the street normally ? Are you going to tune with pump gas and the water injection for say 9 or 10 psi.

Will it be race gas it is all the way?

Too bad that your clutch gave out you know you are putting down some good numbers then.

You must be itching to get your car back.

The fan that is there how strong is that ? I think it moves volume but not at a high pressure. Im going to dyno mine real soon as I get time and hope the dyno guy that I go to have some decent fans as what he had last time were some cheap crap from home depot.
    Thanks a ton! I will go for 450whp on this Mustang pretty soon with a new clutch. I will only use a Mustang Dyno.

I will usually run 111 octane all the time in this car. Reason for that is I found a pump near my house that pumps 111 for $4.68 per gallon. Remember, I don't drive this car a ton even when I have it. Maybe that will change though. However we will tune a map for 91 craptane at 9PSI just for those little trips to LA & stuff. The great thing about Haltech is it has dual maps. We will install a switch & that's all that is needed to go from the 91 craptane map to the 111 octane map.

Not sure about the fan. It's good size but not one of those snail shell looking ones. I think the snail shell ones are the best for dyno tuning.

My Cars
    Bmw E36 330i , Mazda 3
    Yes Cameron the fan like in the picture does not help with keeping enough cool air over the engine and intercooler. This is the same type my dyno guys uses plus 2 weak home depot ones. My home fand push more air than that.

The room where I dyno is so small there is no flow though fresh air just from the rear door being opened where my exhuast points.

The room is no more than 14'x14' too small not like the shop where yours is at.

If you read the article on Dinan web site on what a good fan can do for numbers to help simulate on road numbers. Damm

That is great that you will have two maps one for 91 and 111.

So when do you expect to get the car back with your new clutch and I guess you can hardly wait.

Once you get it back and the clutch is broken in try and get the car on a dynojet to compare the numbers.

Great setup you have there. If you ever think if going larger turbo and selling your old one cheap drop me a line.
    AA Stage 1 Gen III, BMP head gasket, Bored Throttle Body, 3.0"DnPipe & Custom exhaust with AA Gen 2, Aquamist 1s water/methanol injection,
    Last dynojet Aug 02 248c SAE 369whp/354ft-lbs at 10.5psi, 1/4mile 12.6@116mph
    New Sept 02 Head work and exhaust porting, April 04:UUC Pulleys, Turbo to intercooler pipe 2.5" Aug 04 3.5"HFM,11.5psi

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Yesterday was a good day. I had just gotten the hood put back on & bumpers put back on. I deleted the fog lights for more air flow & a more aggressive look. I also got hood scoops for cold air flow into the engine bay. ZKW DDE Enhanced will be put in possibly today with HIDs. Here is a pic just for kicks that I have.

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Here is a pic of the current engine bay.

My Cars
    08 535i, 95 540 MSport
    [QUOTE=highboostingm3] I am so happy guys you have no idea! I have been waiting for my car to run nicely for 3 years! Long long story. However, I pulled my car out of the that sad speed shop that gave me headaches upon headaches in January of this year. I brought the car to Chris Muzio of Mel's Auto Repair and went nuts with it. I tore almost everything out of it that the old shop had installed. Now I finally have a dyno to be proud of.

Now u talking.....get it done right ...nice numbers

My Cars
    98' M3
    Very nice! Great Numbers!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast