Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Dyno Results AA T61 19 psi

My Cars
    95 540i6:04 Navi

New Dyno Results AA T61 19 psi

Well we are getting closer to my boost leak problem. Seems the BOV spring was getting weak and we had to tighten the screw in just a little. Its holding 19 psi but we need to turn it up to 20 psi after making sure all other possibilities are looked at.

This is also the first time I have gotten to dyno the car running like its suppose to with the built motor. AA built the motor with forged internals, knife edged crank etc. I will dyno again once temperatures start to cool even more to see the difference. I never thought the car was making this much power.

BTW, George at Imported I appreciate your suggestions, I guess it ended up being the BOV after all. We will see.

Last edited by slvr98 M; 09-08-2004 at 01:18 PM.

BBS RC 18X8.5 et13:245/40/18:Koni SA/H&R Sport/M5 3mm Upper Spring Pads/M5T 25mm/20mm Swaybars/Racing King Subframe Inserts/Magnaflow High Flow Cats/Magnaflow Exhaust/3 Inch Tips/Euro Clears/32%Tint/40% on Windshield/6500K HID H1's Headlights and Fogs/Depo Smilies/Factory Shadowline Trim/Shadowline Grill/93 Octane EAT Chip/M5 License Plate Holder/UUC Short Shift Kit/3.15 LSD/ More to Come...

///3oris is offline "Diogenes the Cynic"
    My Cars
    '96 M3 Turbo, '04 Yamaha R6
    Great results! Very nice

What kind of dyno was this on?Do you know what that spike at 3800 RPM is?

Anyway, congrats

Boris
    '96 Cosmos Black M3 422rwhp/407rwtq SAE @ 13psi / 444rwhp/444rwtq SAE @ 14.5psi
    Engine/Drivetrain: Technique Tuning Stage 2 Turbo TT Turbo Exhaust, M50 Manifold, TMS Oil Baffles, SSR Comps, SPEC Stage II Clutch, UUC SSK, Titanium Cavallino Ti-130R Shift Knob, UUC TME, EMC Diff Bolt, RCCA's. Suspension: GC Coil-overs, GC RSMs, GC RTABs, GC Trans Mount; H&R SB. Instrumentation: VDO Boost, VDO Oil Press, VDO Oil Temp, VDO Water Temp, BMW Traffic Pro Navigation, Valentine One TODO: W/A Injection

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Please use something else to host dyno sheet. We can't see it & Imagestation has had problems many times before.

Try this site!!!

http://imageshack.us/index3.php

Thanks,
    Cameron
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    E46
    :eek Fastest E36 M3 ever (street driven)!

Wheels in Sig are SSR GT3's 19" E46 M3 fitment. Dinan E46 M3 Suspension. Pic thanks to Kyle K.

///3oris is offline "Diogenes the Cynic"
    My Cars
    '96 M3 Turbo, '04 Yamaha R6
    Quote Originally Posted by highboostingm3
    Please use something else to host dyno sheet. We can't see it & Imagestation has had problems many times before.

Try this site!!!

Thanks,
    Cameron
    Yeah, I agree... I can't see pics many times when people host it on "NWS" servers (including this one).

Boris
    '96 Cosmos Black M3 422rwhp/407rwtq SAE @ 13psi / 444rwhp/444rwtq SAE @ 14.5psi
    Engine/Drivetrain: Technique Tuning Stage 2 Turbo TT Turbo Exhaust, M50 Manifold, TMS Oil Baffles, SSR Comps, SPEC Stage II Clutch, UUC SSK, Titanium Cavallino Ti-130R Shift Knob, UUC TME, EMC Diff Bolt, RCCA's. Suspension: GC Coil-overs, GC RSMs, GC RTABs, GC Trans Mount; H&R SB. Instrumentation: VDO Boost, VDO Oil Press, VDO Oil Temp, VDO Water Temp, BMW Traffic Pro Navigation, Valentine One TODO: W/A Injection

My Cars
    see sig
    I can see any pictures nor results so this post is useless!
    Alan

2006 325i
    2015 M3

My Cars
    1999 M Roadster
    That looks pretty good. We will see how my car does really soon on race gas and 20+psi.
    Last edited by moadster; 09-08-2004 at 01:03 PM.

Turbo '99 M Roadster
    11.49@130.4 and 570whp@16psi on a stock m52 shortblock.
    WTB: Low compression M52 pistons & GT30r or 35r
    FS: PT-67 DBB turbo, freshly rebuilt
    PM me with questions.

My Cars
    98' M3
    Wow... :eek

My Cars
    E30 M3
    Congratulations, now you need to update your signature!

My Cars
    05 Yukon Denali,01 MB s430,99 Tacoma,95 M3 Turbo
    What was the result? I cant see it either.
    1995 M3 Custom Turbo, Turbonetics T66 BB,72lb injectors, Sias Tuning PnP Tec 3, IBM T30,PLX M250 wideband O2 sensor,Blitz SBC-iD Built low CR 8.5:1 motor CP Pistons,ARP head & main studs,Metric Mechanic HP Valve springs,walbro 255hp,BMP FPR,Modified fuel rail # 6 SS feed line,3in ss custom magnaflow exhaust,Lower level turbo intake,AA six puck disc, Spec Stage IV PP ,AA differential bracket,AA strut tower brace,UUC UD Pullies,UUC short shifter,UUC tranny mounts,UUC clutch stop,Fluidyne HP radiator.M3 LTW wheels Est..1001 rwhp!

Http://members.cardomain.com/bassmasterM3
    (DIY custom turbo)

My Cars
    99 AA Turbo Mcoupe
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr98 M
    Well we are getting closer to my boost leak problem. Seems the BOV spring was getting weak and we had to tighten the screw in just a little. Its holding 19 psi but we need to turn it up to 20 psi after making sure all other possibilities are looked at.

This is also the first time I have gotten to dyno the car running like its suppose to with the built motor. AA built the motor with forged internals, knife edged crank etc. I will dyno again once temperatures start to cool even more to see the difference. I never thought the car was making this much power.

BTW, George at Imported I appreciate your suggestions, I guess it ended up being the BOV after all. We will see.

It looks good... finally the cursed boost problem is being resolved.

I was checking the dyno sheet at AA and noticed that your torque peak is coming up about 500 rpm sooner...did you change anything after the car left AA or is this a result of a different dyno? Do you remember the conditions of your last dyno at AA? how much HP and TQ difference you think you have between your last* dyno at AA and this one?

This clearly shows that there is a significant difference in the numbers...

My Cars
    550i dads, 85' 528e
    WOW that's alot of power
    Kevin

Just say no to slow Ayrton Senna "The Best"

My Cars
    E46
    For those who can't copy and paste this: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...0.jpg.orig.jpg

he's making 524.1 rwhp and 532.4 torque at the wheels on only 19 psi

Wheels in Sig are SSR GT3's 19" E46 M3 fitment. Dinan E46 M3 Suspension. Pic thanks to Kyle K.

My Cars
    Bmw E36 330i , Mazda 3
    Whoo that is some solid numbers there congrats.

Im glad that you found the problem and back on track enjoying your car.

Damm you mean rasta man George does know what he is talking about is he Santa brings joy to his customers cars

Boris spike could be from his dual aquamist nozzles spraying tire slip ?? No big deal anyways look at his incredible power.

Ps: Silver was the 480rwhp done at AA on the mustang at the same boost 19psi and this is a different dyno or was there work done recently.

Im wondering when you dyno the cars on a mustang and the higher the rwhp if there is more loss or is the load factor turned off comapred to a dynojet you just spin that sucker up.
    Last edited by M3TurboCa; 09-08-2004 at 01:31 PM.
    AA Stage 1 Gen III, BMP head gasket, Bored Throttle Body, 3.0"DnPipe & Custom exhaust with AA Gen 2, Aquamist 1s water/methanol injection,
    Last dynojet Aug 02 248c SAE 369whp/354ft-lbs at 10.5psi, 1/4mile 12.6@116mph
    New Sept 02 Head work and exhaust porting, April 04:UUC Pulleys, Turbo to intercooler pipe 2.5" Aug 04 3.5"HFM,11.5psi

My Cars
    wide hooptie
    Oh sweet. Great #s.

"If you want to see misery, give people more than what they need." -C.S. Lewis

My Cars
    1996 318ti
    Holy hell, that is some great numbers, especially considering you're only running 19 psi and have been having boost issues. What CR are you running?
    I call BS - there's no bmw driver that can't run his car faster than any magazine has ever done before.
    -Joe

My Cars
    99 M3
    Dammmm :eek :eek Great numbers Kenal congrats
    10 GTR R35
    06 M5
    04 330i zhp
    93 318is
    99 328i (Sold)
    99 M3 Turbo (Sold)

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by OZ3M
    It looks good... finally the cursed boost problem is being resolved.

I was checking the dyno sheet at AA and noticed that your torque peak is coming up about 500 rpm sooner...did you change anything after the car left AA or is this a result of a different dyno? Do you remember the conditions of your last dyno at AA? how much HP and TQ difference you think you have between your last* dyno at AA and this one?

This clearly shows that there is a significant difference in the numbers...

Omar I think the temperature difference and the difference in dyno's made the difference. It was 95 degrees in Miami when it was dynoed there and 75 degrees here in Atlanta. I think my wheels were slipping on the mustang dyno but didnt on this one. There is about a 50-60 hp difference between the last and this one. The car is still being tweaked, not tuning wise but to locate the boost problem that I have been noticing. I havent hit the 20-21 psi mark that I am used to seeing yet maybe this afternoon we will get it there. There is still more power to be made.

BBS RC 18X8.5 et13:245/40/18:Koni SA/H&R Sport/M5 3mm Upper Spring Pads/M5T 25mm/20mm Swaybars/Racing King Subframe Inserts/Magnaflow High Flow Cats/Magnaflow Exhaust/3 Inch Tips/Euro Clears/32%Tint/40% on Windshield/6500K HID H1's Headlights and Fogs/Depo Smilies/Factory Shadowline Trim/Shadowline Grill/93 Octane EAT Chip/M5 License Plate Holder/UUC Short Shift Kit/3.15 LSD/ More to Come...

My Cars
    E46
    Also, it is VERY humid right now in Atlanta...

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by M3TurboCa
    Whoo that is some solid numbers there congrats.

Im glad that you found the problem and back on track enjoying your car.

Damm you mean rasta man George does know what he is talking about is he Santa brings joy to his customers cars

Boris spike could be from his dual aquamist nozzles spraying tire slip ?? No big deal anyways look at his incredible power.

Ps: Silver was the 480rwhp done at AA on the mustang at the same boost 19psi and this is a different dyno or was there work done recently.

Im wondering when you dyno the cars on a mustang and the higher the rwhp if there is more loss or is the load factor turned off comapred to a dynojet you just spin that suker up.
    I think the rollers on the mustang are different than the rollers on the dynojet resulting in possible wheel slip. Im not too sure. Again we have to obtain a consistent 20-21 psi before we are done.

My Cars
    977rwhp SAE and 821

Great numbers, glad I could assist you, let me know if I can help any other way.

My Cars
    Bmw E36 330i , Mazda 3
    Well Kendall I hope you find and fix any problems that you are having quickly and damm I can not imagine what 19 much less 20 or 21 psi feels like.

How the does the car drive straight when you wot 3rd gear or even 4th. I can tell you that with the little power I have when the temp is cool low 60'F the car feels scary.

Up here in Canada where some of the roads look whiter mixxed with some concrete on some parts of the roads compared to the black asphalt the car is already scary once the boost and torque kicks in.
    AA Stage 1 Gen III, BMP head gasket, Bored Throttle Body, 3.0"DnPipe & Custom exhaust with AA Gen 2, Aquamist 1s water/methanol injection,
    Last dynojet Aug 02 248c SAE 369whp/354ft-lbs at 10.5psi, 1/4mile 12.6@116mph
    New Sept 02 Head work and exhaust porting, April 04:UUC Pulleys, Turbo to intercooler pipe 2.5" Aug 04 3.5"HFM,11.5psi

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    So stoked that I can't see the dyno sheet!

Can you please host it here for goodness sakes!

Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    How about now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    99 AA Turbo Mcoupe
    I think the rollers on the mustang are different than the rollers on the dynojet resulting in possible wheel slip. Im not too sure. Again we have to obtain a consistent 20-21 psi before we are done.
    That is what Karl is saying as well...

As an example my gearing is good for 115+mph on 3rd but the dyno does not register anything over 104mph while testing, however we were able to see 110+ on 3rd when we tested for roller speed vs speedometer check they were identical. On a regular run I see the speedometer hit around 112-113mph at the end of the run, while it registers about 10mph less on the dyno. Tires get extremely soft and sticky after the runs...

I need to get my car on a dynojet as well...maybe then I can see a difference between 20psi - 24 psi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast