Thread: Wow, 4WS owned me tonight!

My Cars
    2013 328i xDrive

Wow, 4WS owned me tonight!

I was doing some slaloms and "road courses" in a wide open, empty parking lot tonight with my friend. He drives a stock Prelude with 4 wheel steering. It had rained earlier, so the roads were still a little wet, so we took it easy. I tore him apart in straight line acceleration because of my AWD. He couldn't get traction on the wet road, but when we were doing laps, I didn't have anything on him. I kept up no problem, but I just couldn't pass. No matter how fast I cut the apex, he matched me with his 4WS! That prelude can sure handle those corners. It was fun drifting around the sharper corners. The wet road made that possible. We didn't push our cars very hard though. Wet roads aren't a very good thing to drive hard on, unless you're experienced.
    -Chris
    My e30 build thread/color change here

My Cars
    89 325is, 89 BMW 525i, 0
    Do you have some problem of getting owned by small displacement Asian cars?

j/k
    What year is that Prelude?

My Cars
    2013 328i xDrive
    I guess I should be doing better, but I held my own against him! When the roads are dry, I'll own him!

It's around a '94, I think.
    -Chris

My Cars
    M3 sedan
    Hrmm he shouldn't have owned you, the 4ws isn't that handy it only turns the rear wheels a very small degree. Plus it's the weak H23 instead of the VTEC H22 in the 5th gen and 4th gen VTEC ludes, should be around 160 hp and remember its still fwd

My Cars
    996, S13, E46 E36, C4
    I have a 92 Prelude Si 4WS. I love it. I was VERY surprised how well it handles on the track. Though, I have never driven a 2WS Prelude.

In about a week, I will have a JDM H22 200hp motor in it. That should make it a lot more fun.

Oh, the H23 is a weak motor?? 160hp and 156lbs of torque is weak and the 15.6 1/4 stock isn't too impressive either.

Oh, 4th Gen Preludes with 4WS were only made from 92-94. If he has the cool Lexus type speedometer, then it is a 94. If not, it is a 92-93.

My Cars
    2013 328i xDrive
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    I have a 92 Prelude Si 4WS. I love it. I was VERY surprised how well it handles on the track. Though, I have never driven a 2WS Prelude.

In about a week, I will have a JDM H22 200hp motor in it. That should make it a lot more fun.

Oh, the H23 is a weak motor?? 160hp and 156lbs of torque is weak and the 15.6 1/4 stock isn't too impressive either.

Oh, 4th Gen Preludes with 4WS were only made from 92-94. If he has the cool Lexus type speedometer, then it is a 94. If not, it is a 92-93.
    He only owned me in the sense that I couldn't pass him up. I kept up with him. I didn't push my car very hard, either because the road was wet. We're going to go at it again on dry roads, and I'm sure I'll smoke him.

Andy, The H23 is indeed a little weaker than my motor. I don't understand though, how it can have 160 hp and 156 lbs of torque, and do the 1/4 in 15.6 seconds, and the iX has 168 hp and 181 lbs of torque, and only does it in 15.9. What's up with that?!?
    -Chris

My Cars
    89 325is, 89 BMW 525i, 0
    Quote Originally Posted by heifetz17
    He only owned me in the sense that I couldn't pass him up. I kept up with him. I didn't push my car very hard, either because the road was wet. We're going to go at it again on dry roads, and I'm sure I'll smoke him.

Andy, The H23 is indeed a little weaker than my motor. I don't understand though, how it can have 160 hp and 156 lbs of torque, and do the 1/4 in 15.6 seconds, and the iX has 168 hp and 181 lbs of torque, and only does it in 15.9. What's up with that?!?
    The Prelude is probably a fair amount lighter. The iX isn't heavy at all by todays means though.

And you don't have 181ft-lbs of torque... You have 164ft-lbs I believe...