Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got my new bumper cover from PacificBMW

My Cars
    DASC 318ti CS, 05 Je

Got my new bumper cover from PacificBMW

My new bumper cover just arrived from Pacific, M3 style to replace my cracked one. This thing came with the works! People had told me it only came with the moldings, but it came primed, with moldings, brake ducts, mesh, wedge sections, some other plastic pieces I can't identify yet, and all nuts/bolts/hardware, for only $348 shipped to Colorado . I don't know if they screwed up and gave me extra parts or something, but I'll take it.

The only thing it didn't have was the lip, but it def wasn't supposed to come with that. Also I notice the moldings are very smooth, not the textured black that mine are.

If you need a new bumper you should hit them up

http://www.pacificbmw.com/catalog/ac...on=1&model=E36

My Cars
    99 323is
    So is this the OEM BMW M3 bumper?? Can you post some pics of it?? I want to get the m3 front for my 323.

My Cars
    99 323is
    ??????

My Cars
    328i
    can u post pictures of what u got?....i was looking for one used but if i can get one for $348 new....

My Cars
    Cool, you must have gotten the retrofit kit. It comes with all the stuff for way lower price and it's all in one box. That's the way that I bought it as well.

My Cars
    BMW
    So oem or not?

My Cars
    DASC 318ti CS, 05 Je
    YES it's OEM! Did you click on the link in my post? It's a bmw dealership with a bmw part number!

Duugg2: I can email you some pictures tomorrow, but I have nowhere to host them.

U1arunit: Yeah I didn't even know it was a kit. Funny thing is I don't even need the wedge sections or ducts, because my car came with all that M3 stuff. I may get around to selling them if mine are still in good shape.

My Cars
    99 323is
    I'm buyin it.

My Cars
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by ClubSportCohort
    YES it's OEM! Did you click on the link in my post? It's a bmw dealership with a bmw part number!

Duugg2: I can email you some pictures tomorrow, but I have nowhere to host them.

U1arunit: Yeah I didn't even know it was a kit. Funny thing is I don't even need the wedge sections or ducts, because my car came with all that M3 stuff. I may get around to selling them if mine are still in good shape.
    I ordered it yesterday . Post the pictures, you can host them here. Thanks for the great find!

My Cars
    Audi RS4. BMW S1000RR.
    i dont think its a retrofit since most bmw retrofit parts come painted...like the hardtops for convertibles.

My Cars
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious
    i dont think its a retrofit since most bmw retrofit parts come painted...like the hardtops for convertibles.
    : It doesn't seem practical for BMW to pre-paint aero kits. How can they accurately predict what colors will be in demand? A pre-painted bumper cover wouldn't match a car whose paint has faded in the sun over the years. Better, and less costly for BMW, to supply the kits primed and let the customer worry about paint.

IIRC the kit is listed as a "retrofit kit" in the ETK.

My Cars
    '97 328is Sport
    Can you post some more info. Your link shows the front spoiler* for 303.

Then above that, it says extra parts are needed. What part number does your packing slip say?

I'm interested in this as well and this is the first I've heard of the kit.

Thanks,

TB

My Cars
    DASC 318ti CS, 05 Je
    Listen this isn't really hard to understand. I ordered the first thing (spoiler*) on the list in that link I posted. It came with everything I listed above, some of which I didn't expect. It cost $303, plus $45 shipping. The only part number on the packing list is 82-11-9-403-142.

I don't know what "extra parts" are needed, because I haven't put it on yet. I don't know if they made a mistake and gave me extra parts or not, YMMV.

Pictures are coming soon, as soon as these construction guys clear out of my garage.

My Cars
    DASC 318ti CS, 05 Je
    Quote Originally Posted by bender
    I ordered it yesterday . Post the pictures, you can host them here. Thanks for the great find!
    Thanks.

My Cars
    N/A
    holy sh#$, thats awesome....i hope mine comes with all that.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious
    Actually, not all parts. The moldings, bumpers, and spoilers that BMW sells as retrofit parts aren't painted.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by G. P. Burdell
    : ,snip. A pre-painted bumper cover wouldn't match a car whose paint has faded in the sun over the years.<snip>
    Actually the paint isn't going to match even if they painted it now either but we get the idea.

My Cars
    '97 328is Sport

Hey Bender?

Will you post a followup when yours arrives? LEt us know if you get the same kit?

What do you guys think is a decent price to have it painted?

Thanks.

PS: ClubSport - that's what I thought you meant but thanks for the followup. That's a hell of deal if it wasn't a mistake.

My Cars
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by TB~BMW
    Will you post a followup when yours arrives? LEt us know if you get the same kit?

What do you guys think is a decent price to have it painted?

Thanks.

PS: ClubSport - that's what I thought you meant but thanks for the followup. That's a hell of deal if it wasn't a mistake.
    Yea, ill post a followup when it arrives. I paid about 20-30 dollars more than he did because mine had to be shipped across the country to north carolina. So it might be a couple weeks. How much does paint and labor normally cost for a front bumper?

My Cars
    DASC 318ti CS, 05 Je
    You can install it yourself quite easily with basic hand tools. Painting should cost about $200.

Looks like the free hosting ran out on that picture.

My Cars
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by ClubSportCohort
    You can install it yourself quite easily with basic hand tools. Painting should cost about $200.

Looks like the free hosting ran out on that picture.

use this one then

My Cars
    '97 328is Sport
    You can attach pictures to your message simply by using the manage attachments button that is just below this reply window when you make a reply. Just click "manage attachemets" Browse to the file and it will upload it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    N/A
    bump, my bumper still hasnt come in the mail ....and pacific bmw isnt answering my emails

My Cars
    DASC 318ti CS, 05 Je
    Mine took two weeks to get to me. It wasn't sent by major carrier, like FedEx or UPS. It arrived at my house by something called Blackhawk Freight. Must be a regional carrier. I would expect it to take over 2 weeks to NC.

My Cars
    1995 M3 - 1966 Mustang 2+2 - 2003 Z4
    Normally the retrofit kit does not include the grill, seals and wedge sections. The moldings, brake ducts and such are normally included. BMW changed M3 moldings from smooth to textured in 4/95, but they still include the smooth moldings in the retrofit kit.
    www.understeer.com
    Your source for:
    Stromung|UUC|Eurosport|Hawk|H&R|Koni|Apexcone HID|Short Shift Kits|and more
    UUC Evo3 SSKs are IN STOCK - free 2-Day shipping!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast