Thread: Might sell my 320i

My Cars
    '97 Byzanz M3/4/5

Unhappy Might sell my 320i

Lately things have taken a turn for the worse money wise for me and I need some cash to try and get back on my feet. So, I'm considering selling my 320i. As you can see in my sig it is a very clean car but it needs some work. It needs a headgasket and some other engine work but the guy I work with has a complete 320i sitting at his house he is willing to get rid of for free you just need to pick it up. So that car has a good engine. Also my car doesn't have much in the way of an interior cause I was in the process of making it a track car. The windshield has a big star crack in it but i have a good windshield sitting at my parents house that will go with the car. Also you probalby saw in my other post it was broken into and the passenger door lock opening is messed up.

Now for the mods I did to the car: installed some '97 Camaro Z28 seats in it, Top End Performance rear strut brace with battery relocation kit, long tube header and custom 2.25" exhaust tubing all the way back into a SpinTech muffler, removed front bumper, removed all A/C components, removed mechanical fan and instlled eletric fan with adjustable temp controler, MSD Blaser 2 coil, every window on the car is tinted- rear 3 are 6% front 2 and windshield are 35%, I also installed Euro spec Hella low beam housings with PIAA 100/150W bulbs, BBS 6 1/2" X 13" Basketweaves with Sumitomo HTR 205/60/13's, "is" rear sway bar with polly end links, and an "is" front air dam.

I also have a bunch of misc 320i parts that will go with the car like chrome factroy wheels, extra set of 205/60/13's with 35-40% left.

The car will not SMOG cause of the exhaust I have on it but I can get a complete factory exhaust off of the other 320 the guy I work with has.

I would like to get $800 OBO for it.
    1997 Byzanz M3 4 door 5 speed. (1 of 37 factory 5 speeds, 1 of 88 total produced)
    TMS power pulleys, V1, E21 trans mounts w/AKG cups, AKG derlin shift tower bushing, 80/88* fan switch & fan delete, Borla XS dual in/out muffler, 4300K HID's in Euro housings, PowerFlex RTAB's, 17x8 ET15 Racing Dynamics RGR wheels, GC coil-overs 375F/475R, 25.5mm M-tech front swaybar, tint

My Cars
    bmw

Hope it's not sold yet!

Looks really nice, has anyone made you an offer on it? I actually have a spare motor out of an 82' that I wrecked it has 135k on it and it needs a good home, I just haven't found a good car to put it in. What is your timeline on selling it, if it isn't sold already, $800-1k cash is definately do'able I'm just tied up till July and alot of people impatient so. Just get a hold of me here and I'll talk turkey with ya', nice car hope it's still around peace out.

My Cars
    '97 Byzanz M3/4/5
    Things are getting better for myself, and I think I may keep the car. I will make my final decision by next week.
    1997 Byzanz M3 4 door 5 speed. (1 of 37 factory 5 speeds, 1 of 88 total produced)
    TMS power pulleys, V1, E21 trans mounts w/AKG cups, AKG derlin shift tower bushing, 80/88* fan switch & fan delete, Borla XS dual in/out muffler, 4300K HID's in Euro housings, PowerFlex RTAB's, 17x8 ET15 Racing Dynamics RGR wheels, GC coil-overs 375F/475R, 25.5mm M-tech front swaybar, tint

My Cars
    '97 Byzanz M3/4/5
    I'm going to keep the car. Today at lunch I went out and tried to start it up(I have the car parked at my shop). It fired up first try after sitting for almost 3 months I took it for a quick spin arround the block. I had forgotten how solid the car was, lowered, KYB's, rear swaybar and rear strut tower brace. I pick up the "new" engine for it the weekend of the 4th. If all goes well I should have it back on the road before the end of July.

My Cars
    '98 528i 98k 5-SPP
    I can't tell you how many times I went back and forth with selling my 323i this spring. And it's not due to financial disruptions, nor is it due to the car leaving me stranded-for these have never been the case for me as of yet (knock on wood, and yes coming of age does have its rewards )- but due to lack of garage space, driveway space, and upkeep time. My 323i sat still in one spot for six months this year, until I finally got so tired of looking at it that I dropped in a fresh motor...just to motivate me to ride the thing.

And now that I poured blood, sweat, and tears into it...what the hell was I thinking ?

But during the time that I had it in the classifieds in the Roundel, the three callers were all from CA, and they couldn't move on it because of their CARB laws. Me, I'm riding the streets with a pure euro exhaust, and let me tell ya, there is a HUGE difference, and even the way it sounds. In my city, it's still only visual lighting equipment and brakes inspection, and there is currently NO emissions testing.

Well, now that the 323 is officially parked on the 1st driveway closest to the front door, it's now the most used vehicle in our stable. Even my wife finds reasons to take the keys to this car to carpool with her friends to the health club, to swimming, and whatnot. She isn't telling me, but her friends no doubt dig this machine. How can you NOT ?

You did the right thing. $800 isn't worth to sell a car that is getting more scarce each day. Trust me, it will be COVETED in the very, very short future. Heck, the 1977 models are CLASSICS now. Just start watching Barrett-Jackson...they'll have some on the auction block in short order.
    Last edited by DHoang; 06-12-2004 at 07:57 PM.

My Cars
    '97 Byzanz M3/4/5
    Hopefully CA goes to a rolling 25 years or older for SMOG exempt. If this happens I won't have to SMOG my car again cause I just did it last summer, and you have to do it every 2 years. So that meens my car will be 25 years old in 2 years. If this SMOG law actually happens I'm getting an all almn. chevy 327 with ti. rods put in my 320i. 400HP in a car that will weigh less than 2000LBS.

My Cars
    E63 AMG, RRC
    hey, im in the bay area, and in your first post you stated that your neighbor is willing to part out a 320 for free. Is it still available? do you know the condition of the car? I may be interested if its not in too bad shape.

My Cars
    '97 Byzanz M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by crotter
    hey, im in the bay area, and in your first post you stated that your neighbor is willing to part out a 320 for free. Is it still available? do you know the condition of the car? I may be interested if its not in too bad shape.
    Well, I get that car first so I can take the motor and trans for my 320i. From what I have been told that car is missing a hood, trunk lid, rear window, and all the front suspension stuff has been taken.

My Cars
    Turbo E21,12 WRX,03 S2K
    Hey, good to hear that you car keeping it! As far as smog goes, shit its not moving at all. I have a 78 and I still have to smog it :

E21 LEGION

Crypto success: http://brief.watchersfrontline.com/SHV

My Cars
    '97 Byzanz M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by ///ME21
    Hey, good to hear that you car keeping it! As far as smog goes, shit its not moving at all. I have a 78 and I still have to smog it :
    Yeah, I know for now the car has to be like 73 or older but i've heard roomers that they may go to 25 years or older.

My Cars
    E63 AMG, RRC
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWJNKY
    Well, I get that car first so I can take the motor and trans for my 320i. From what I have been told that car is missing a hood, trunk lid, rear window, and all the front suspension stuff has been taken.
    Ahh... I see. Thanks for the info!