Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: SICK RACE w/ Supra TT TONIGHT!!!!

My Cars
    02 M3, 02 996TT

SICK RACE w/ Supra TT TONIGHT!!!!

Driving home from work tonight in my M3 I spotted TWO Supra Twin Turbos driving side by side on the 101 South, one Red, one Silver. I quickly dodged some traffic to catch up to them and initiate a race situation. I pulled into the diamond lane to get next to the red one and the silver supra changed lanes infront of the red. As I pulled up to the cars tandem, I put the car into 3rd gear and the guy driving the red supra looked over and saw my bad ass M3 waiting for his ass. He punched it and I heard the wooooshing turbo spool and a BOV pssshooot as he accelerated around the silver car. I hit it at about 5k rpms in 3rd, but the red Supra was already at full boost and passing me before I could get peak power. I did the best I could to keep up with him, but FUCKING A, that car was sooo fast. The silver supra pussed out, and we were racing tandem up to 175 MPH.... yes, i said 175 MPH. He could not pull on me, but I could not catch up with him either. I decided to get off on my exit after that shit because I was certain that serveral people had called the cops at this point to report us. Too bad, because if I had a chance for another run, starting side by side it would have been a very close race.

Damn, much props to the supra for being faster than hell.

My Cars
    The Bimma.
    How does 175 feel like?

My Cars
    '92 968, '99 F-150
    Damn, and I thought 145 was fast.....

Nice run, hehe.
    Satisfaction isn't around the corner, it is the corner.

My Cars
    05 M3 ZCP, 11 335d
    haha, i thought my 126 mph was fast.

good shit...

~AIM- liquidtiger720 ~ Josh M. ~www.jmscribble.com

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '06 Forester
    175 whoooooooa

My Cars
    '91 E34 M5, '89 325i, '00 Saab 9-5 Wagon
    175 huh? Right...

My Cars
    E36 | E55 Wagon | W126
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWRacerITS
    175 huh? Right...
    Geordie Johnston - E36 Collector.

My Cars
    '92 968, '99 F-150
    Its possible for E36 M3s to hit 170, I dont doubt that a modded E46 would have trouble hitting 175....
    Satisfaction isn't around the corner, it is the corner.

My Cars
    2017 M3, 95 M3
    I just want tot know what part of the 101 can you hit 175mph???? Especially here in L.A. area, I never been able to hit past 130 due to traffic and the horrible freeways.....I am not doubting just very amazed...... :

My Cars
    99' Cosmos ///M3
    Quote Originally Posted by tomas3314
    I just want tot know what part of the 101 can you hit 175mph???? Especially here in L.A. area, I never been able to hit past 130 due to traffic and the horrible freeways.....I am not doubting just very amazed...... :
    werd. even in the bay area its like that, unless its the middle of the night or something. dont m3's have a governer?

either way nice death nothin to be ashamed of. god knows what that supra had under the hood

My Cars
    06/98 540i/6, E9
    Nice run! 175mph is pretty insane :

My Cars
    E53 X5, E36 328i
    He has a shark injector so his top speed limiter would be removed. That's crazy fast, I can't even imagine.

My Cars
    02 M3, 02 996TT
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWRacerITS
    175 huh? Right...
    for somebody who claims to be a race car driver you should know that an E46 M3 with the governor removed can easily eclipse 170 mph... the fastest I have ever had my M3 up to was 185 on the toll road to San Diego off the 405 S from LA. It is not hard to do, i will post a pic tomorrow that I have on my work computer of an M3 Speedometer at 170 mph. If you go to www.dinanbmw.com and read about the Dinan ECU for the E46 M3 you will see that the car is geared to hit 201 MPH with the stock transmission, but that it is drag limited in stock form. The M3 is no joke, and is very capable of hitting 180 mph if the car has room to sprint to that speed. Almost anytime I race someone on an open freeway I hit 160 mph with ease if I need to pull that hard to beat someone. On top of that, my M3 has always been an incredibly fast M3, even in it's stock form. My mechanic, who is one of the most respected in Cali told me that my M3 was one of the fastest M3s he had ever driven in it's stock form. The engine just opened up extremely well, and that is what makes it possible for me to smoke 911s, Maseratis, AMG cars, 355 Ferraris, and other M3s all the time. The only car that I have raced on the street that has kicked my ass several times is the 996 Turbo, but this month I am going to blow out my M3 with the AA kit and I will be hunting 996 Turbos, '04 E55s, and 360 Modenas every day after.

For those of you who were asking about what it feels like to travel that fast... honestly, it doesnt feel much different than 140 to me because at that point my adrenaline is pumping so hard I kind of become numb to the intensity of that speed. I have been over the 170 mark several times since I was 16 years old in several 911s that I have driven, and now in a BMW M3. It is fucking awesome, but it all happens so fast it is hard to take in while you are going that fast. You are concentrating on driving so hard that you dont really have time to think about how fast you are going until you relax after the race and remember the needle pinned at 175.

The craziest part about the experience tonight was that I had my windows rolled down when we were at that speed, and my Dolce & Gabanna tie almost flew out the window!!!

My Cars
    it is a mystery
    M Threesome you are teh l337.

My Cars
    02 M3, 02 996TT
    Quote Originally Posted by JAlfredPrufrock
    M Threesome you are teh l337.
    The who?

My Cars
    00 sc Roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by M Threesome
    175 MPH..... because I was certain that serveral people had called the cops

You did this with traffic? Hope you have good tires and yeah i might've called too...

Anyway, sounds like a really badass car --what a rush to race someone at that speed!

Be careful man.
    Some ladies like a hand-held. I prefer to drive mine.

My Cars
    02 M3, 02 996TT
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyM
    You did this with traffic? Hope you have good tires and yeah i might've called too...

Anyway, sounds like a really badass car --what a rush to race someone at that speed!

Be careful man.
    not that much traffic, it is Memorial Day... and what a fucking memory that was. Yeah, it is dumb to race on the freeway with other cars, it is selfish, dangerous, etc. We have all done it, some people's cars are just faster than others.

My Cars
    97 GTI VR6T
    for somebody who claims to be a race car driver you should know that an E46 M3 with the governor removed can easily eclipse 170 mph... the fastest I have ever had my M3 up to was 185 on the toll road to San Diego off the 405 S from LA. It is not hard to do, i will post a pic tomorrow that I have on my work computer of an M3 Speedometer at 170 mph. If you go to www.dinanbmw.com and read about the Dinan ECU for the E46 M3 you will see that the car is geared to hit 201 MPH with the stock transmission, but that it is drag limited in stock form. The M3 is no joke, and is very capable of hitting 180 mph if the car has room to sprint to that speed. Almost anytime I race someone on an open freeway I hit 160 mph with ease if I need to pull that hard to beat someone. On top of that, my M3 has always been an incredibly fast M3, even in it's stock form. My mechanic, who is one of the most respected in Cali told me that my M3 was one of the fastest M3s he had ever driven in it's stock form. The engine just opened up extremely well, and that is what makes it possible for me to smoke 911s, Maseratis, AMG cars, 355 Ferraris, and other M3s all the time. The only car that I have raced on the street that has kicked my ass several times is the 996 Turbo, but this month I am going to blow out my M3 with the AA kit and I will be hunting 996 Turbos, '04 E55s, and 360 Modenas every day after.

For those of you who were asking about what it feels like to travel that fast... honestly, it doesnt feel much different than 140 to me because at that point my adrenaline is pumping so hard I kind of become numb to the intensity of that speed. I have been over the 170 mark several times since I was 16 years old in several 911s that I have driven, and now in a BMW M3. It is fucking awesome, but it all happens so fast it is hard to take in while you are going that fast. You are concentrating on driving so hard that you dont really have time to think about how fast you are going until you relax after the race and remember the needle pinned at 175.

The craziest part about the experience tonight was that I had my windows rolled down when we were at that speed, and my Dolce & Gabanna tie almost flew out the window!!!
    I dunno 175, in a car that with an awsome driver isn't going to be trapping over 110mph in the 1/4, is going to take a LONG time, I have a car that traps 123+mph in the 1/4 and I need a nice stretch of highway to hit 160-165mph from a 60 punch. Now you say you had the windows open...at 175... hmmm...

Sounds like a stretch to me..
    97 GTI VR6T
    Best E/T - 11.50 @ 121.29
    Best MPH - 124.49
    www.gtrmotorsports.net
    www.vwturbo.com

My Cars
    E90 335i
    The who?
    teh 1337. The L33t. Hacker language for "elite".

Anyways, nice race... modded Supras are damn near unbeatable on the freeway... there are at least 3-4 Supras around here in Arizona running over 800 horsepower to the wheels.

hehe... what does the 400 hp Supra and the 800 hp Supra have in common? They both run 12's : (traction issues)

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    I have seen M Threesome post kills before that were regarded as false. 175 with the windows down? Among the other factors that this, or both Supras were modded due to the psssshhhtt of a BOV. Possibly atleast BPU. Maybe + or more. Did it happen like this? Not likely. I actually blew away an M5 on low boost with my Supra once. And at 55mph+ traction was not an issue whatsoever. Clever to start a kill thread about going against a Supra TT...got our attention if that's what you were going for.
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    Nissan Altima Limited Ed
    I'm still on the fence on whether this is true or not. if you can afford a dolce&gabana tie...you can post a vid of you doing 175.

My Cars
    2.8, 3.2, 600cc
    Quote Originally Posted by adeelpowers
    I'm still on the fence on whether this is true or not. if you can afford a dolce&gabana tie...you can post a vid of you doing 175.
    oOoOoOoOooooooooooooo............

Man's got a point there

My Cars
    Yamaha R6, Avus E36, MBZ C230
    175mph huh!.. good lord!. Thats pretty damn fast!
    Nice death, But I agree a video of you doing 175mph would be nice!

-phill F.- 10/95 Avus E36

My Cars
    Again, please watch the profanity in the Main Forums... :

My Cars
    06 M roadster
    nice. nice. How was the wind going through the windows at that speed

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast