Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: who's up for a NY/NJ/CT MEET IN Roosevelt Field Mall ON june 19,2004 @ 2pm

My Cars
    Turbo E36 M/Jeep Wrangle

who's up for a NY/NJ/CT MEET IN Roosevelt Field Mall ON june 19,2004 @ 2pm

This should be like a bling bling 1st summer meet. We can all meet at the macy's parking lot like always and then drive down to jones beach to this free huge lot. The meet will be at 2PM.

here are directions to the mall.
    Roosevelt Field is located at the intersection of Old Country Road and Meadowbrook Parkway in Garden City, NY.
    Phone: (516) 742-8000

From Brooklyn - Take Belt Parkway East, which will turn into the Southern State Parkway. Take the Southern State Parkway to Exit 22N Meadowbrook Parkway North. Take Exit M-2 West.

From New York City - Take Queens Midtown Tunnel to L.I.E. (495) Exit 38 to Northern State Parkway to Meadowbrook Parkway/Jones Beach. Take Exit M-2 West.

From Queens - Take Grand Central Parkway East (becomes Northern State Parkway) to Meadowbrook Parkway/Jones Beach. Take Exit M-2 West.

From Suffolk County -
    From the Northern State Parkway westbound, exit at Exit 31A, Meadowbrook Parkway South. Exit Meadowbrook Parkway at Exit M2, at the "Shopping Mall" sign. Follow the off-ramp and you will see the mall.

From the Southern State Parkway westbound, Exit at 22 North, Meadowbrook Parkway North. Exit Meadowbrook Parkway at Exit M2, at the "Shopping Mall" sign. Follow the off-ramp and you will see the mall.

From Westchester\Bronx - Take Throgs Neck Bridge to Cross Island Parkway to Grand Central Parkway East (becomes Northern Parkway) to Meadowbrook Parkway/Jones Beach. Take Exit M-2 West.

I will be doing a video & taking pics for our new site.

p.s. I would also like to show all my new mods and see everyones else .

[img]
    Last edited by NYPLAYA; 05-22-2004 at 06:22 PM.

My Cars
    Rogue 3 TTs2.5 / Rubicon
    if you can hold out for a week or so, I'll actually be in the country to show up.

Hey man, I'm a professional!

My Cars
    Turbo E36 M/Jeep Wrangle
    Quote Originally Posted by themadhatter
    if you can hold out for a week or so, I'll actually be in the country to show up.
    ok i changed the date just for you. I moved it up to the 19, so you better show up.

My Cars
    More than you.
    sounds fun. you mind if some 3000GT's show up? i know the NY group has been wanting a meet. i dunno how big you want to make this... i know the 300zx and supra guys have been wanting to get a big meet going...
    Stupidity breeds... Wear a condom.

My Cars
    Turbo E36 M/Jeep Wrangle
    sure bring them along. And you know you are always welcome.

My Cars
    More than you.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYPLAYA
    sure bring them along. And you know you are always welcome.
    lol nice so is the 19th a set date? i thought once beach season started you had to pay to get to jones beach?? and won't it be kinda crowded?? j/w

My Cars
    non-bmw...for now
    Yup. Memorial Day starts Beach season so we will have to pay to get into the lots. Those toll booths we usually blow by will be open by that time.

Unless of course they stopped with the fees but I doubt it. It's just too much money for them to ignore.
    stockWERKZ

"Time cannot be influenced by mankind. It gives each of us a beginning and an end.
    And this makes us question the significance of what comes between. But if you can
    create something time cannot erode, something which ignores the eccentricities of
    particular eras or moments...something that is truly timeless, this is the ultimate victory."
    - Dr. Ing. h.c.F Porsche

My Cars
    Rogue 3 TTs2.5 / Rubicon
    ok i changed the date just for you. I moved it up to the 19, so you better show up.
    oh boy - good thing I left the bimmer parked with a full tank of gas.

think anyone will mind my expired inspection since last Feb?

My Cars
    85 325e, 95 M3

You're making me homesick...

Grew up in Long Beach. Have fun, but don't do anything stupid . As I remember Nassau County Cops can be tough. :

Hank
    1995 M3 Alpine White 4/94 production date. Clear Corners, E46 metal pedals, X-brace, Euro Floating Rotors, Motorsport Strut Brace, H&R Coilover Suspension, Kmac Camber Plates, Ground Control Adjustable Sway Bar End Links, UUC TME's, UUC TSE, JC Euro HFM, ZKW's + DDE's, Powerflex RTAB (thanks Mrob Gang) Clear Projector Indicators, New window molding and sill rubber. Bavarian Silver Powder Coated Original Motorsport 10 spokes. Benfer Performance Black Powder Coated OBD-I Valve Cover.

My Cars
    e30M3, Jeep GC, 2.5RS
    I actually might be able to make it.....

My Cars
    Turbo E36 M/Jeep Wrangle
    We are not stopping at the jones beach lots. If you drive up more there is a free parking lot. No one knows about it that well. It's pretty big i'll try to get the name.

My Cars
    99 M3 Vert
    LETS DO THIS BABY I AM DOWN
    Hell ya i will be there... no more missing meets because of work.
    sorry i got carried away

My Cars
    3er
    Count me in

My Cars
    98 Turbo M3, 04 E53 X5
    the bigger parking lot is in Oak Beach. Its where the Oak Beach Inn used to be. Now its a nice parking lot for all types of car meets. Def a good place to meet. They have pleanty of parking there. NYPLAYA, we went down that way last time remember before the rain

98 Fern Green M3/2 - Precision 6870/AR Designs Twin Scroll/RK/E85
    2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmaxx - Family Whip
    2011 Pierce 75' Quint - Fire Apparatus West Islip FD

My Cars
    non-bmw...for now
    It's been a while but I'm pretty sure there is still that toll you need to pay to get onto that highway that leads down to the beaches. You know, the ones that you hit if you decide to go to Jones Beach instead of exiting off to head down to Long Beach.

Or am I misplacing those toll booths?
    stockWERKZ

"Time cannot be influenced by mankind. It gives each of us a beginning and an end.
    And this makes us question the significance of what comes between. But if you can
    create something time cannot erode, something which ignores the eccentricities of
    particular eras or moments...something that is truly timeless, this is the ultimate victory."
    - Dr. Ing. h.c.F Porsche

My Cars
    e30M3, Jeep GC, 2.5RS
    Quote Originally Posted by tdc
    It's been a while but I'm pretty sure there is still that toll you need to pay to get onto that highway that leads down to the beaches. You know, the ones that you hit if you decide to go to Jones Beach instead of exiting off to head down to Long Beach.

Or am I misplacing those toll booths?
    TDC, you only pay the toll if you want to go to the beach, if you stay to the left, you just drive past them. And NY98M3 is right, the old Oak Beach Inn parking lot is perfect, the roads out there however.....are not.

My Cars
    Turbo E36 M/Jeep Wrangle
    Quote Originally Posted by NY98M3
    the bigger parking lot is in Oak Beach. Its where the Oak Beach Inn used to be. Now its a nice parking lot for all types of car meets. Def a good place to meet. They have pleanty of parking there. NYPLAYA, we went down that way last time remember before the rain
    Your the man i was just looking for.....lol. Yea thats the place i wanted to go. That was a fun drive there. Lets do it again playa. And yes if you stay on your left you will pass right by the toll and not have to pay.

My Cars
    non-bmw...for now
    And yes if you stay on your left you will pass right by the toll and not have to pay.
    stockWERKZ

- Dr. Ing. h.c.F Porsche

My Cars
    Rogue 3 TTs2.5 / Rubicon
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank
    Grew up in Long Beach. Have fun, but don't do anything stupid . As I remember Nassau County Cops can be tough. :

Hank

I can see it now - we're all going to jail.

anyone have an inspection sticker that I can borrow for the meet.

-Ron

My Cars
    More than you.
    I can see it now - we're all going to jail.

anyone have an inspection sticker that I can borrow for the meet.

-Ron
    haha niiice, i always wondered what it'd be like to go to jail : lol

ron, just bring it someplace to have an inspection done... is it that hard?

i'll post this over with the supra guys and 3000GT guys i hope you don't mind if this turns into something big

anyway, can someone PM me or just post the info all-together for me so i can post it for the other guys?? thanks

My Cars
    Rogue 3 TTs2.5 / Rubicon
    no front plate
    window tint
    no reverse lights
    no cats

no way I can do all that on a saturday morning...unless. well, I'll try and figure something out. no promises though.

My Cars
    Turbo E36 M/Jeep Wrangle
    no front plate
    window tint
    no reverse lights
    no cats

no way I can do all that on a saturday morning...unless. well, I'll try and figure something out. no promises though.
    Thats nothing. I have tints and no cats. Re-lights just add the bulbs i have some...lol. And plates how many people use front plates.

girly girl just copy and paste.

My Cars
    Rogue 3 TTs2.5 / Rubicon
    nah, it's in the wiring. replaced the switch and bulbs and the fuse is good so I have no clue. I'll chase down the wires when I get around to it.

My Cars
    03' m3, 91 318is, 87 325
    how do i get there from north nj??
    -Al

My Cars
    98 Turbo M3, 04 E53 X5
    Quote Originally Posted by PoloRL57
    how do i get there from north nj??
    the mall or oak beach?

98 Fern Green M3/2 - Precision 6870/AR Designs Twin Scroll/RK/E85
    2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmaxx - Family Whip