Thread: Don't buy from AAARims !!

My Cars
    2003 BMW M3

Don't buy from AAARims !!

This is going to be a long post, but well worth reading if your thinking about buying wheels or tires from AAARims.

I debated for a long time where to buy my new wheels and tires from. I have a '97 M3 and wanted a set of M-Parallel replicas, that were manufactured in Italy. I did alot of research, and everything I read, said that the Italian made ones were the best.
    So I decided to order a full set of rims and tires from AAARims. I placed the order on March 30, 2004.

I received the order on Friday Apr. 2. I spent all of Saturday cleaning my car, washing, waxing, polishing, and detailing the interior, to get it ready for the "new" look with the wheels and tires.
    When it came time to mount the rims and tires, I noticed one of the rims looked differend than the rest. The offset was wrong ! So, I couldn't mount any of them. And I had to wait until Monday to call.

I called on Monday Apr. 5th, first thing in the morning, which is about the only time you can seem to talk to someone. I spoke with Alicia and told her the situation. I asked if they would send me a new rim and tire, since the deal was rims and tires, mounted and balanced. She said no, they will only send a rim since they didn't make a mistake on the tire. I told her thats not my fault, and now I have to go to the inconvience of getting the tire dismounted and mounted when the new rim arrives!? She said yes, but we will refund you the charge up to $15 to have that done. She told me I will get the rim on Wednesday the 7th. And they will charge me a $100 for the rim, and credit it back when they get the original one back. So, I agreed. I placed a call later on Monday and again was told the rim will arrive on Wednesday, by another employee.

So, Wednesday comes, and no rim. I call them Thursday, and of course it takes all day to get ahold of someone. I asked them where is my rim and they said that it is being shipped out. I said, whoa, it is supposed to be here now. They said, well, I don't know why you were told it would be there on Wed. :
    The rim arrived on Friday, ( I may be a day or two off on the rest of this, but close enough, I have lost track of all the false promises and such).
    So, I open the box, and OH MY GOD, it was not the correct rim ! They sent me a Chinese made rim. It looks totally different, and is made different. You can feel how cheap it is. : :

I had to wait until Monday the 12th to call. Again, I talk to Alicia and explain to her what the deal was. She said she didn't understand the problem with that rim. I told her it's not the same as the others, it's different. She disagreed. I said, if you look at them side by side, they are different, and besides, I specifically asked for Italian made rims. I said everyone I have talked to including your people agreed that those are the best quality rims. She said NO, the chinese ones are the best :. I said well of course you say that, because that is what you sent me and all you have in stock now. She says she wouldn't lie to me. Then she gets very rude with me. I told her whatever. Anyway, I want a new rim, and she just couldn't understand my problem, and told me they don't have any Italian made ones in stock and it might take 3 weeks to get a new one.
    I said, forget it then, I am sending everything back and want a full refund. She said well, you will pay a 15% restocking fee. I said, no I won't. This was not my mistake, this was yours. I am not paying for your mistake, and I am not going to wait 3 weeks for another rim.
    She then has the nerve to tell me, "well we are human, and we make mistakes, I'm sorry we're not perfect like you." I was like, excuse me!? Don't try and turn this on me. She then says, "your not being patient", and I said you have got to be kidding me !?, I have waited 2 weeks and still don't have a full set of rims and you say I am not being patient!! This goes on for a few more mins, and finally, she says they will try and locate a rim and ship it to me this week. I finally agreed. She PROMISED me a phone call the next day to let me know the status, and said shw would send a call tag to return the rim. And of course, the next day went without a phone call, and they didn't send the call tag either. I did get ahold of someone later that week and they said a rim is on it's way.

Well, I don't remember the dates from here on, but another rim shows up, and I take the box and everything to the tire store to get everything mounted. We open the box and the freakin rim is bent ! : :
    I called them immediately from the tire shop and they gave me the runaround about it being bent, saying they have paperwork showing it was straight. I told them, I don't care about your paperwork, the rim is bent, and I know I didn't do it, and the tire shop didn't do it. AAArims tells me well, we need to see pictures of it. I said oh, you don't believe me, why in the hell would I make this up. He said, it's not that we don't believe you, but we need proof. I said whatever.
    I had to have the rims and tires mounted because I had sold the set I was driving on and the guy was picking them up. So we get back and snap a few photos and I email them, and Jon, the owner emails me back, saying that since I mounted the tire they would not send me a new rim.
    I said look Jon, I had to have it done, I had no choice, and I had told Alicia in earlier conversations that I was waiting to get these mounted because someone is buying my set up. I told him, look all I want is a nice new full set of rims. And I shouldn't have to argue about it, you should be willing to do whatever it takes to satisfy the customer, and exceptions can be made to your policys.
    So he says he will ship me a new rim, if I pay shipping. I said fine, whatever, just send it.

So, finally on May 7th, I got the full complete set of tires and rims mounted onto the car.
    I was charged $100 for each rim they sent me, plus the $15 for shipping.

This past week, I asked Jon, if he had refunded my money because I had sent back 2 of the rims, and they owed me the $15 for the dismount, mount fee, and the 3rd rim was on it's way, via UPS.
    He emails me back and says they will refund the money when they get all 3 rims back!

I said wait a minute, I am paying interest on this and was told I would be refunded the $100 for each rim, when you received them. Of course, he says no, not until we get them all back. :

I finally told him, you know, it's not about the money. It really isn't, it's about the principal. You say your going to do one thing, then you don't, over and over. You have made many many false promises to me, and continually kept sending the wrong or damaged products, and expected me to just be happy with it.
    I said, Jon, there is no reason you can't refund the portion of my money that you owe me, your just refusing to do it, and that is not right. I said you know how this whole situation has been, and I have been lied to over and over, and yet I have been very patient.

Finally, I have heard no response since the last email on Wed. May 12th. and have not received any credits. I told Jon, this was a MAJOR mistake in buying from your company and I WILL let everyone one know on the BMW forums and other car forums of my horrible experience and the poor customer service I received.

This is the worst customer service I have ever received, and encourage anyone purchasing rims and tires NOT to purchase from AAARims.

Thanks
    Last edited by Firefighter; 05-16-2004 at 07:52 PM.

My Cars
    1992 325i
    wow that really sucks, definitly not buying rims from them.

My Cars
    E36, E39, E46, E90
    Why not have your card company dispute the charges? You did use a CC, right?

My Cars
    1971 BMW 2800CS
    Damn that really sucks. Should have bought them off ebay i guess. i wont buy from AAA. Thanks for the heads up.
    1971 BMW 2800CS
    1981 BMW Euro 635csi
    1958 Lotus Seven Replica (4lbs/hp )
    2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon on 37's
    1995 BMW M3 (SOLD)

My Cars
    2003 BMW M3
    No problem, just wanted to save any of you guys the headaches I had to go through!

My Cars
    e34
    owned

are those the rims in ur sig?

My Cars
    2003 BMW M3
    NO, those are the rims I had before, that I sold to get the M-Parallels.

Still haven't gotten any response from my last email to them, or any credit !

My Cars
    1996 E36 M3 Evo
    So did you use a credit card? If so, stop payment, put the onus back on them...
    '96 M3, S50B32, 6MT
    + good stuff

My Cars
    88 M3, 90 M3, 91 318is
    Call him up and tell him that if you dont recieve your refund you are going to dispute the charges. I had to play that card to get a title once. I paid for a car with a credit card, and they never sent the title for 60 days. Finally I told them that if I didnt have the title by that friday, I was going to have all charges reversed and they could come pick up their car. Needless to say, they miraculously found it and I had it by friday.

good luck man, that just sucks.