Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me...or do you miss orange?

My Cars
    E30

Is it just me...or do you miss orange?

i put in my clear corners a while ago and i kinda miss my oranges Am i going insane? The whole point of the clears is to be unique and....well.....it seems like everyones got them.

Anyone else feel like popping in those ambers, like teh good ol' days
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    E36
    you're insane

My Cars
    E36 | E55 Wagon | W126
    No.
    Geordie Johnston - E36 Collector.

My Cars
    1997 M3 Coupe
    I kept the oranges on my car. I'm ok with them, and it's certainly not worth it to me to spend hundreds of dollars for clears. :

My Cars
    F10 M5
    If you want oranges, I'll trade you and pay for shipping.

My Cars
    E30
    nah, i still got mine. thanx though

My Cars
    '03 X5 4.4i Sport, E320
    What are you thinking? I guess you should have gone with the regular clears for a bit more contrast...
    Todd Maurer
    Past - 5 E36s, 1 E39, 1 MB W210 E320, 1 GMC 6.5 ECLB, B6 A4 3.0 6 Spd Quattro
    Present - '05 E320 CDI, '06 VW TDI Jetta 5 Spd, '02 Ford F250 CCSB PSD, '02 Ducati Monster S4

Mods: 92* Thermostat, MB to BMW Wheel Adapters, 18" BMW Style 72 Wheels, Custom Mercedes-Benz Diesel Plate Frame

My Cars
    1999 Red M3 Coupe 2002 Land Rover Freelander
    Quote Originally Posted by Pino
    i put in my clear corners a while ago and i kinda miss my oranges Am i going insane? The whole point of the clears is to be unique and....well.....it seems like everyones got them.

Anyone else feel like popping in those ambers, like teh good ol' days
    Maybe a good compromise would be amber bulbs?

My Cars
    E36 BMW M3
    YEAP. it's a nice classy solution

1998 BMW M3/4 | Koni Adjustable | H&R Race | X-Brace | Bosch Ellipsoids | DDE Lightning Titanium CWP | XTEC 5000K HID | Conforti CAI | Remus Racing Exhaust | MaxVelocity GTR Lip | 18" Black AC Schnitzer Type II | Brembo Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS pads | Stoptech SS Brakelines | Nakamichi CD-300 | Tang Band Subs | Focal Polyglass | 2 x MB Quart RAA2400 | Project Technik.com
    M3 SEDAN CLUB #31

My Cars
    SMG
    On Black it needs em. I'll tell ya though, it would really help if you had ZKWs and put some other bulbs in so you couldnt see that blue in there
    Milltek pipes. Ground control coilovers. Conforti Tuned. V1 & iPod hardwired

My Cars
    Audi RS4. BMW S1000RR.
    yep i did... on boston green both yellow and clear look really good but very different. with the yellows the car has a totally different look.

im sure i will get bored of the stockers in a month or two and switch back to clears.

but i like changing the look of my car constantly.

My Cars
    Rogue 3 TTs2.5 / Rubicon
    Quote Originally Posted by ///M3LandShark
    Maybe a good compromise would be amber bulbs?

blue lights are rice. :

Hey man, I'm a professional!

My Cars
    G37xS, Taco, GSXR1K
    I have an estoril and for some reason the amber OEM's just looks that much better..hince sold the Clear OEM Euro spec's that came w/ the car when i bought it.

My Cars
    '03 AW Dinan M5
    I agree. I've been thinking about putting ambers back in. Esp. since my car is cosmos. Just waiting for some amber sidemarkers.

ALthough i have smoked clears.

plus I AutoX and i've seen people's corner lights fly off and i don't want that to happen to the aftermarket ones, rather the stockers.

'03 ///M5

My Cars
    '02 M3, 2005 Expedition, 2003 GSXR-1000
    Believe it or not the Amber are coming back in for the Ricers they are all buying the JDM Amber ones now. Plus APC and other companies are getting slammed with huge fines for their lenses not being DOT approved. For any of you that want clear ones get them now while you can because it won't be long before you can't find them anymore. I know APC is garbage product but they are the biggest and they had to pay a $500,000 fine less then 6 months ago and all their new lenses have a little Amber square or circle depending on the lens. Also when it comes to getting the Xenon headlight bulbs. Get them now. We have already sold out of the good blue higher wattage ones and the new bulbs coming in have to be DOT approved so they are lower watt and not as blue.

My Cars
    1998 M3
    you are crazy for wanting ambers or clear on a black m3

Quote Originally Posted by MWhip
    I have an estoril and for some reason the amber OEM's just looks that much better..hince sold the Clear OEM Euro spec's that came w/ the car when i bought it.
    alittle OT but do you have the estoril/ black lux m3??

My Cars
    1997 M3 Coupe
    A lot of people have said you're insane. I must agree; if you got clears to be unique, you're crazy.
    Drew | Dinomite.net
    1997 Boston Green ///M3 Coupe Lightweight wheels, non-luxury, no sunroof.
    1994 Volvo 940 Race Wagon

My Cars
    G37xS, Taco, GSXR1K
    NO that is not me...I have the estoril w/ the dark gray leather and lux package. ...but there is a guy in MD that has the Black leather/Estoril w/ lux package...damnt he black leather looks really good w/ the estoril and is very rare too.

My Cars
    E90
    Ambers!!!

My Cars
    95 M3, 05 F-150 STX
    Quote Originally Posted by jay00f4
    Believe it or not the Amber are coming back in for the Ricers they are all buying the JDM Amber ones now. Plus APC and other companies are getting slammed with huge fines for their lenses not being DOT approved. For any of you that want clear ones get them now while you can because it won't be long before you can't find them anymore. I know APC is garbage product but they are the biggest and they had to pay a $500,000 fine less then 6 months ago and all their new lenses have a little Amber square or circle depending on the lens. Also when it comes to getting the Xenon headlight bulbs. Get them now. We have already sold out of the good blue higher wattage ones and the new bulbs coming in have to be DOT approved so they are lower watt and not as blue.
    I heard this as well . . .weird.

My Cars
    98 M3/4, 94 Civic EX Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by jay00f4
    Believe it or not the Amber are coming back in for the Ricers they are all buying the JDM Amber ones now. Plus APC and other companies are getting slammed with huge fines for their lenses not being DOT approved.
    This is my understanding of clears: In Europe/Japan (the country of the car's origin), they don't have an "orange front reflector" law. So, they can have full clear corner lenses. A lot have the orange cap or bulb, to show a signal. So, when people started modding their cars here, they wanted it to be more like the original spec (Euro/JDM). Thus, they get all clears. In Japan, some people like the USDM look, so they get the amber corners. I've seen cars in Japan with USDM corners. And so, the Japanese car folks here are liking the amber look--I like it for the Civic, but not the M. Odd, I know.

jay00f4 - do you have a report/article about APC getting hit with fines? I thought aftermarket comapnies could always get around the "orange reflector law" (and other laws) by stating the product is for "off-road use only."

Paradise Hotel located on Temptation Island
    My Cars
    '
    Anyone here have amber corners for a couple that they would be willing to sell?

BMW Cigar And Gun Club Member #7

My Cars
    B7 Audi & Yamaha R6
    It's funny because most people seem to think that it's either the stock ambers or the OEM "clears". First of all, they are NOT "clear". They're WHITE. Clear corners are what I've got. You can see through them.

I think if you want "clear" and want to be different, you can get something like mine. See sig.

2005 Audi (Purchased 07/09) - 2005 Yamaha R6 (Raven) (Purchased 5/06)
    07/97 BMW (Sold 08/09) - 03/01 Audi A4 1.8TMCX (Sold 06/03)

Please do NOT PM me! Email me: clumpymold@sbcglobal.net

My Cars
    s50 m3
    there is no way in hell my car is ever getting clears.

My Cars
    98 M3/4, 94 Civic EX Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by clumpymold
    It's funny because most people seem to think that it's either the stock ambers or the OEM "clears". First of all, they are NOT "clear". They're WHITE. Clear corners are what I've got. You can see through them.

I think if you want "clear" and want to be different, you can get something like mine. See sig.
    European OEMs are considered clear. That style/color has been around for decades. Yours are euro/crystal clears, which only came out a few years ago. So yes, even though the OEMs are not like a window and completely see-through, they are still called clears. Being labelled "clear" does not have to mean they MUST be transparent like a window. That's why your style corners are called "crystal clear," to distinguish them from the original clears.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast