Thread: @35 psi hoses are blown...

My Cars
    E36M3 Turbo 1100hp, E46M3 Turbo under surgery

@35 psi hoses are blown...

Installed the 1,600cc injectors and Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator.

35 psi and the beast is flying. Videos will show.. Will try up to 45 psi.

Problem is blow offing: when I back off my right foot hoses blow. We have 2 blow off valves but still they do not seem enough.

One of the blow off valves is on the intake side of the intercooler, the other blow off is located on the pipe that goes to the intake manifold. One is HKS the other is Goyen. Goyen is bought from www.bavariacars.com.au.

We have installed stiffer springs into the blow off valves and thus prevented leakage. At part throttle say 30% there is 16 psi of boost and the moment I nail the peadal 35 psi makes the wheels burn. Before we put in stiffer springs blow off valves were leaking and better venting but that was with 28 psi.

So, do I need two more blow off valves?
    S50B32 + GT4XX = 1100 hp
    www.da-motorsport.com

E46 M3 SMG under turbo surgery

My Cars
    bmw 325i turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by mertdastan
    Installed the 1,600cc injectors and Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator.

35 psi and the beast is flying. Videos will show.. Will try up to 45 psi.

Problem is blow offing: when I back off my right foot hoses blow. We have 2 blow off valves but still they do not seem enough.

One of the blow off valves is on the intake side of the intercooler, the other blow off is located on the pipe that goes to the intake manifold. One is HKS the other is Goyen. Goyen is bought from www.bavariacars.com.au.

We have installed stiffer springs into the blow off valves and thus prevented leakage. At part throttle say 30% there is 16 psi of boost and the moment I nail the peadal 35 psi makes the wheels burn. Before we put in stiffer springs blow off valves were leaking and better venting but that was with 28 psi.

So, do I need two more blow off valves?
    My 0.02 is I think you need better hoses clamps not more blow off valves
    keep up the good work lets see that video Good Luck

My Cars
    '00 328Ci
    man i cant wait to see this video
    Vic328CSi

$50k BMW
    $8k in mods
    Repairs, priceless

My Cars
    1992 Porsche 968
    I don't understand what your problem with blowing off is. I have 2 supra friends, one of which is running 28psi, and the other is running 41lbs on his drag car. Neither one of them are having an issue with their dump valves. One is running a Greddy Type R with the race spring(20-35psi), and the other is running the Turbonetics Godzilla BOV set with a 50lb spring.

In all honesty, I think you need to look at how your piping and such is routed. You shouldn't be having the issues you speak of. Also, explain to me what is happening. Are you dumps releasing pressure, and yet there is still more continuing to the TB's which in turn is causing enough backpressure to blow pipes? If that is the case, are you sure that your dump spring isn't too much? I have seen people running 8lbs of boost with a blow off spring at like 20psi, and it won't release fast enough, and they have similar issues as you have?

My Cars
    Porsche 95 993C2 Cab, Porsche 90 944S2 Cab
    Make sure your clams are atleast this good...
    http://www2.go-concepts.com/~fishey/100-0037_IMG.JPG

This is dougs 242 volvo running 30+ PSI of boost..

He does not have a problem with blowing off pipeing so maybe use his clamp style as an example (close to the above 944t). He also is only useing a CBV as you can see the pipeing going back to the intake manifold! not a BOV and has had no issues other then lag from that HUGE turbo...

1990 944S2 Cabriolet (Modlist is way to long)

1987 924S W/ Centerline Clutch, Magnacor electrosport 8mm wires, Throttle Response Cam, K&N Airfilter.

1995 993C2 Cabriolet W/Lsd Stage 2 Centerline Raceclutch, Euro Spec Gearing.

A few other cars as well.. There just not Porsches

My Cars
    '98 S/C Dinan M3
    Can I jump in for a little help? Now that that I am using a Tec3 with a MAP sensor, is there a device that would bleed off PSI over say 10 so that I could over run my S/C so that I could make 10 PSI at 4000 and then hold that level through 7000 RPM? Maybe I would need two devices. I think the valve that is on there now is vaccum operated to bleed off presure as the throttle shuts (right?). Then the second device that would work purely on a intake (pre throttle body) that would blow off anything over 10).

Anyone think somthing like this can be done?

Thanks.
    BMW M3 1998 Modifications: Dinan: throttle body, supercharger, free flow exhaust, lightweight flywheel + performance clutch, Stage III suspension, front and rear shock tower braces, and even the floor mats. RMS: Stage II 6” pulley, after cooler, ceramic coat SS headers, Cat delete, Fan delete, Water/alcohol injection. polyurethane RTABs, Victory oil cooler, E46 fuel pump, MAShaw hood, ACS roof spoiler, TECIII engine management 12 PSI. Dual PLX AFR gauges, SPA 2xEGT, oil, fuel, boost. Cobalt Autometer. UUC: tranny mounts. Bavarian auto: competition shifter. OEM clears all around. Built-in K-40 radar detector laser diffuser. E46 rear wing, 18” rims. Stoptech big break kit with slotted rotors all around. Custom clutch stop.

My Cars
    S4, Supra, GVR4 - 5 turbos total
    Get a better clamp, for example the T-bolt clamp.
    Wow, 35psi on an E36 M3.. must be flying. Congratz on the monster of a car.
    -Luke

1994 6-speed Supra BPU+FMIC+aquamist
    1991 Galant VR-4 Turbo-AWD daily driver
    2002 Audi S4 Avant

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDQ
    Can I jump in for a little help? Now that that I am using a Tec3 with a MAP sensor, is there a device that would bleed off PSI over say 10 so that I could over run my S/C so that I could make 10 PSI at 4000 and then hold that level through 7000 RPM? Maybe I would need two devices. I think the valve that is on there now is vaccum operated to bleed off presure as the throttle shuts (right?). Then the second device that would work purely on a intake (pre throttle body) that would blow off anything over 10).

Anyone think somthing like this can be done?

Thanks.
    Try a search. We discussed this in the past.

Basically its not going to be worth it on a centri s/c. You'll develop too much heat on the upper end.

My Cars
    1997 M3 coupe, Nissan truck, 1998 M3 sedan
    [QUOTE=mertdastan]
    At part throttle say 30% there is 16 psi of boost QUOTE]

How in the hell can you have 16psi at 30% with that frickin huge turbo? I have a much smaller turbo and with my foot on the brake I can't get even one pound of boost until I go past 50% throttle.
    Minor intake and exhaust mods
    Technique Tuning software
    385.5whp 351wtq @ 8.5psi
    Unorthodox underdrive pulleys
    GC track/school suspension
    18x8 and 18.9.5 Forgeline Comps

My Cars
    TEsted the car last night.

We have put in the 1600 cc injectors and removed the 1000 cc ones. So we needed to reprogram the maps.

At dinner my friends arrangd a test for themselves excluding my car.

3 Corvette C5s, 2 of them 400 hp and one of them 450 hp. And a Masserati Ghibli 400 hp.

I was so excited and watched the test. But with the following problems.

1- No program.

2- Air fuel ratio was not working.

3- Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator's adjustment could not be made because it needed a different allien tool.

OK: what happened?

OOps, we have installed softer springs inot each blow off valve.

3rd gear 32 psi
    4rd gear 35 psi
    5th gear 37 psi

Air fuel ratio not know but very very rich, we watched EGT to be on the safe side and maximum 1400 F before the turbocharger. 1400 F from 50 mph till 200 mph.

No hose blew, but the blow offs were leaking and causing stupid transition from cruise into the WOT. When we had stiffer springs last week transition from cruise inot WOT was much better.

Performance data:

62-100 mph 1,8 second
    62-125 mph 4,9 second

We will get better times with 40-45 psi and good AFR and proper timing.

3rd gear on highway aspahalt startes spinning wheels after 6000 rpm all the way till 8250 rpm.

AFR was so rich we were washing the cylinders.

Tomorrow we will start with the BOV issue. If they are stiffer hoses blew, if they are softer boost leak.
    S50B32 + GT4XX = 1100 hp
    www.da-motorsport.com

My Cars
    TurboVert, MCoupe, 335xi
    [QUOTE=Drifto]
    At part throttle say 30% there is 16 psi of boost QUOTE]

How in the hell can you have 16psi at 30% with that frickin huge turbo? I have a much smaller turbo and with my foot on the brake I can't get even one pound of boost until I go past 50% throttle.
    What I want to know is how the hell can the car even idle with 1000cc, let alone 1600cc injectors? My car is borderline for idling rich with 550cc injectors. I'm at the minimum pulsewidth as it is. What gives?

My Cars
    We have a system called TSI = Tuning Solutions International. It is an Australian company. They have a system between piggyback and stand alone. Mr. Gattermeier from bavariacars recommended it.

At idle 700 rpm 1600 ccs run perfect with AFR of 14,5 :1. The TSI takes over the standard ECUs fuel map.
    S50B32 + GT4XX = 1100 hp
    www.da-motorsport.com

My Cars
    In fact I was amazed too when I saw how we can control these 1600 cc injectors.
    S50B32 + GT4XX = 1100 hp
    www.da-motorsport.com

My Cars
    1991 Supra 1jz w/t78
    That is really incredible. Do you have any more info on TSI. That kind of control is impressive.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by EMC
    What I want to know is how the hell can the car even idle with 1000cc, let alone 1600cc injectors? My car is borderline for idling rich with 550cc injectors. I'm at the minimum pulsewidth as it is. What gives?
    My 1,000cc injectors idle just fine. With TSI piggyback. Look at www.bavariacars.com.au for contact details.
    .-=[ Kenny ]=-. See the BFc Drag Racing Standings List for BMW street cars. Watch my drag racing movies on YouTube. Some info on
    BMW turbo street car Drag Racing 101

My Cars
    Kenny,

How can you stay without increasing boost?

When I run @ 22 psi I feel like sleeping on my bed. Increase boosssttt.
    S50B32 + GT4XX = 1100 hp
    www.da-motorsport.com

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Mert,

You cheeky bugger! I will increase boost when the engine is rebuilt with all the bulletproof BMW Motorsport gear.

That's why I'm still using my original engine, unlike some others who have destroyed a few along the way ...
    .-=[ Kenny ]=-. See the BFc Drag Racing Standings List for BMW street cars. Watch my drag racing movies on YouTube. Some info on
    BMW turbo street car Drag Racing 101

My Cars
    Kenny

I guess you are waiting for the Gruppe A crankshaft and forged con rods.

I have stock cons with ARP rod bolts and rev 8500 rpm under 36 psi at high gears, meaning under lots of loads. The parts are durable. So why would you spend money? If drag racing is the concern I would respect this as I never drag race.
    S50B32 + GT4XX = 1100 hp
    www.da-motorsport.com

My Cars
    1997 E36 M3 3.2 S50B32
    Does someone have a URL with tech specs for the TSI piggyback system? I'd like to take a serious look at it for installation into a '97 M3/S50B32.

I've taken a look at the da-motorsport website and I can't stop drooling. It's time to start working on mine. That exhaust piping is a work of art... is it available for sale?

My Cars
    977rwhp SAE and 821
    TEsted the car last night.

We have put in the 1600 cc injectors and removed the 1000 cc ones. So we needed to reprogram the maps.

At dinner my friends arrangd a test for themselves excluding my car.

3 Corvette C5s, 2 of them 400 hp and one of them 450 hp. And a Masserati Ghibli 400 hp.

I was so excited and watched the test. But with the following problems.

1- No program.

2- Air fuel ratio was not working.

3- Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator's adjustment could not be made because it needed a different allien tool.

OK: what happened?

OOps, we have installed softer springs inot each blow off valve.

3rd gear 32 psi
    4rd gear 35 psi
    5th gear 37 psi

Air fuel ratio not know but very very rich, we watched EGT to be on the safe side and maximum 1400 F before the turbocharger. 1400 F from 50 mph till 200 mph.

No hose blew, but the blow offs were leaking and causing stupid transition from cruise into the WOT. When we had stiffer springs last week transition from cruise inot WOT was much better.

Performance data:

62-100 mph 1,8 second
    62-125 mph 4,9 second

We will get better times with 40-45 psi and good AFR and proper timing.

3rd gear on highway aspahalt startes spinning wheels after 6000 rpm all the way till 8250 rpm.

AFR was so rich we were washing the cylinders.

Tomorrow we will start with the BOV issue. If they are stiffer hoses blew, if they are softer boost leak.
    Mert I give credit were it is deserved, thats Neck snaping acceration off a role, so did you end up beating down that Supra?