Thread: WTF... this sucks... Headlight and mirror question..

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.

WTF... this sucks... Headlight and mirror question..

OK... here goes:

I bought/installed the HIDs from Umnitza. from the start, the drivers side headlight was less blue and less powerful than the passenger side one. Also, about a week after install, it would flicker rapidly on startup and ocassionally not turn on when i turned the headlight switch on. I used to be able to either turn the headlights off and back on, or restart the car and it would work, but now, the light jsut doesnt go on at all. Is this usually a sign of a messed up ballast, or bulb?

also, tonight, a couple of friends and I were playing basket ball and the ball hit my drivers side mirror and knocked it off. Is there anyway that I can put it back on myself, or do I have to go to the body shop? It is still connected to the car by the mirror wire and none of the pegs are broken off. I tried (gently) to push it back in, but no luck. Does anyone know how to reconnect the mirror?.. i definitely cant drive like this...

thanks for all the help.
    -Jon
    -M3J0N

My Cars
    M3/4
    Mirror should just pop on. Push it on harder and it'll just snap in. As for the HID's, it either sounds like an arcing/grounding issue or possibly a miscast bulb. Quick way to tell is to swap bulbs and see if the problem stays with the bulb or with the ballast. If it stays with the ballast, then look at the wiring (more likely wiring than the ballast, but YNK). If it stays with the bulb, it's probally a miscast bulb - e-mail or call Matt, he's usually very good at resolving issues.

My Cars
    Audi RS4. BMW S1000RR.
    dont worry man the above post is correct.

My Cars
    E39 M5
    Try swapping your bulbs and ballasts to isolate any problem with them. If bulbs and ballasts are good, then look to your wiring and connectors.

Also contact Matt he gives good advice and service.
    Cheers

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    OK, thanks for all the help..How hard should i push on the mirror to get it back in? I' afraid that I will break/bend the pegs.. thanks..

-jon
    -M3J0N

My Cars
    M3/4
    Quote Originally Posted by m3j0n
    OK, thanks for all the help..How hard should i push on the mirror to get it back in? I' afraid that I will break/bend the pegs.. thanks..

-jon
    Push hard. Remember, they hold the mirror at 150+ mph. You're not going to break/bend the pegs - just make sure they're lined up correctly.

My Cars
    M5, E61
    angle and push hard.

as for the flicker - it's likely a ground.