Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: E90/E92 M3 twin turbo kit Team Gintani

My Cars
    E36 M3

E90/E92 M3 twin turbo kit Team Gintani

"Here at Gintani, we like to change the game and we have kept this secret for a while. Our shop car has been running for a bit now (6 months) but here is a teaser of our twin turbo kit for the e9x m3. This will be a production kit, it can only be installed by our shop (california) or our dealer in new jersey. It is tuned on the factory ecu.

We are sure everyone is going to have tons of questions but please bare with us. The finish line is less then 2 months away. We are on the final stage of completing the production parts. We will release all technical information when we are 100% ready to take orders.

This is just the beginning, we have many other products coming for the E9x platform.

Thank you for your support,

Team Gintani"
    Its interesting to see how corrosive some Non BMW coolant can be on aluminum cylinder heads.

My Cars
    a few e30s
    I want to drool, all over that. Take it out to dinner, treat it right, then get nasty with it on the way home. Hnnnng!

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Can't wait to see one here in Jersey running against an Auto Couture built ESS E92M. Looks like Gintani is gonna use offset turbo's. Thinking a .6x then the Bigboy finishes things uptop with the knockout (when it kicks in). Ive seen an AutoCouture ESS pulling like a freight train on a 600whp EvoIV. Think it was a built VT3(the ESS). Definitely gonna be an interesting match up with TwinTurbo E9XM.

Quote Originally Posted by dohcdoh View Post
    I want to drool, all over that. Take it out to dinner, treat it right, then get nasty with it on the way home. Hnnnng!
    Last edited by FISEVEN; 06-07-2013 at 02:12 AM.
    Its interesting to see how corrosive some Non BMW coolant can be on aluminum cylinder heads.

My Cars
    2001 330i
    This is not the "kit" I was referencing in another thread.

Good to see some outside of South Africa taking another stab at this....

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Expected pricing? I'm guessing it's going to be $20k...
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    BMWs
    Gintani has never really gained the reputation of delivering, though.

My Cars
    Turbo 99' M3
    Interested in seeing where this goes

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    The S65 runs 12.0:1 CR, so it will have the same issues as the S54 with boost on pump gas -- it has to be kept pretty low. Run race gas, E85, meth or lower the CR and serious fun begins. Lowering the CR cheaply through a thicker HG is probably harder than on the already labor intensive S54 since you have two heads, and building one of these motors is not cheap. On the other hand, when you are starting with 414 hp, you don't need a lot of boost. Wish I could afford to play, but I'll have to be satisfied with my turbo E36M3 for a while longer.

My Cars
    skateboard
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Expected pricing? I'm guessing it's going to be $20k...
    Sounds about right when sc kits go for what 15k? More hardware involved in turbo stuff. I wonder if they will be using internally wastegated turbos, or external ? Should be very interesting
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    Turbo 97 E36 M3, 99 M3
    Cant wait to see some production kits on the road....
    1997 Arctic Silver/Black M3
    CES Stage IV (651rwhp/615rwtq @ 24 psi)

1999 Techno Violet/Dove M3
    Auto/Convertible and staying stock!

My Cars
    e30
    Quote Originally Posted by GG///M3 View Post
    Sounds about right when sc kits go for what 15k? More hardware involved in turbo stuff. I wonder if they will be using internally wastegated turbos, or external ? Should be very interesting
    The housings pictured are external gate housings.
    -Nick
    91 E30 M42 on VEMS

Turbo Camshaft Thread

My Cars
    95 540i/6, Subaru RSTi
    Quote Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 View Post
    Gintani has never really gained the reputation of delivering, though.
    This is what I was wondering...not trying to start anything but are these not the same guys who had a bunch of issues with blown motors on their supercharger kits?

My Cars
    BMWs
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarMachine View Post
    This is what I was wondering...not trying to start anything but are these not the same guys who had a bunch of issues with blown motors on their supercharger kits?
    Yes.

They're also the same guys that had that BimmerBoost clown's for like 4 years building a motor with a bolt on supercharger on it.

My Cars
    E36 M3
    I dont see why guys don't look at Alpina's BITURBO B7 for ideas to get this done right then build up from there. Personally I think that MAXPSI could get this dont right seeing the stage 1 is a kit stock s54 compression, on pump and dme.
    Last edited by FISEVEN; 06-07-2013 at 05:27 PM.

My Cars
    IG: Clearsandadrop
    A friend of mine also got dicked around when he sent his e46 M3 to Gintani. Looks like they moved on up to a customer base with even deeper pockets. .
    Last edited by m3mobbin; 06-07-2013 at 06:37 PM.

My Cars
    M3
    ROFL. Nothing like a photo of an incomplete product with a description stating the same, followed by, "we are 100% percent ready to take orders." I'm sold.

My Cars
    E36 Turbo, E39 M5
    Didn't they also try an E46 M3 turbo tuned on the factory ecu they couldn't figure out?
    93 325is: obd2 M52, 22rpd tuned, 6266, RSI manifold, 555whp on 18psi

My Cars
    98' M3/4/6T
    Quote Originally Posted by ls6m3 View Post
    ROFL. Nothing like a photo of an incomplete product with a description stating the same, followed by, "we are 100% percent ready to take orders." I'm sold.

Re-read the words that were placed between the pictures...

My Cars
    #Project333Ti & Z3 Coupe
    Who's their tuner now? OE Tuning left right?

This should be interesting....let's see if it runs, makes power, and is reliable....

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    I'll be waiting for the MaximumPSI e9X turbo system on Nick G. tuning thank you very much.

Time to upgrade the DD when they have that ready. I've been saving for it.
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    '99 M3 TT stg II
    Quote Originally Posted by highboostingm3 View Post
    I'll be waiting for the MaximumPSI e9X turbo system on Nick G. tuning thank you very much.

Time to upgrade the DD when they have that ready. I've been saving for it.
    Yup

My Cars
    searching for a new one
    If I were an e90/92 M3 owner I would not be convinced. I don't see any pictures of piping, an intercooler, or anything else. Do you guys have pictures of the exhaust manifolds? How low do the turbos sit? Scavenge pump? What wastegates and blow off valves are you using?

If there has been a car on the road for 6 months with this kit I would expect you guys to have some media on it. Tell us about this car...
    -Dan D
    95 M3 White/Black
    A few bolt ons...
    08 Honda Accord Silver/Black
    EX-L 4 cylinder (wife's car)
    01 Pontiac Grand Prix GT White/Grey
    Daily Driver

My Cars
    E92 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by wazzu70 View Post
    The housings pictured are external gate housings.
    Yup. Looks like HTA units, no?
    Yes.

They're also the same guys that had that BimmerBoost clown's for like 4 years building a motor with a bolt on supercharger on it.
    To be fair the engine was done in just a few months. It was the trans and owner's lack of intelligence that was the major cause of delay.
    Quote Originally Posted by e30polak View Post
    Who's their tuner now? OE Tuning left right?
    Alex@Gintani, the owner does tuning. Jeremy@OE left, that's true. What i don't like about Gintani is shady works they do. At first they said Jeremy is the best, can do this, do that etc... Now that he's gone he's called a scumbag with no tuning skills. Looking forward to see what Alex does. I don't know how he's going to tune on stock DME with his relatively short experience in tuning.
    Quote Originally Posted by highboostingm3 View Post
    +1. If there is one tuner out there that i trust, it's Nick G.

Z3speed4me is offline Coupe Cartel Forever! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    Max will probably step to the plate in time.... I know Luke is itching to boost his.

And it will be the definition of greatness!

~Ken~ '99 M coupe THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel

My Cars
    e28 m5 e30 4.4T e36 325
    Yes.

That guy is the biggest bitch in the forum community. He is over there bitching why Gintani didnt post it there first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alpinawhitem3 View Post
    If I were an e90/92 M3 owner I would not be convinced. I don't see any pictures of piping, an intercooler, or anything else. Do you guys have pictures of the exhaust manifolds? How low do the turbos sit? Scavenge pump? What wastegates and blow off valves are you using?

If there has been a car on the road for 6 months with this kit I would expect you guys to have some media on it. Tell us about this car...
    true

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast