BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: 1986 325 99,000 miles. beautiful blue paint, fantastic tan cloth interior houston, tx

My Cars
    '91 325ic

1986 325 99,000 miles. beautiful blue paint, fantastic tan cloth interior houston, tx

I have been restoring this car for a few months and now it is ready to go.

this car has a gorgeous blue metallic paint job. the interior is by far the nicest interior i have ever seen in an e30. they are so nice, i actually kind of hate to sell these seats with this car.

the odometer reads 99,000 miles and i believe it is original since the odometer works. the car seems to have been taken very good care of over its lifetime. i am pretty sure it has spent at least 90% of its life in a garage.

body:
    according to the previous owner, this car was restored/painted about 5 or 6 years ago. the body is rust free and very straight. there is one spot on the driver's side fender where it meets the door. apparently there was an alignment problem of some sort. when i received the car, it was pushed in and rubbed on the door a little. i took the fender off and straightened it up. i also touched up the paint. there is a photo below of this issue. eventually, the new owner will probably want to eventually get it fixed at a body shop, but for now it looks very presentable. there are a few other minor scratches and nicks in the paint, but it is very shiny and looks pretty awesome.

Interior:
    the interior in this car are tan cloth sport seats. they are in phenomenal condition. this is the best interior i have ever seen in a used e30. especially in this price range. someone added an arm rest to the drivers seat that is reupholstered in the same material as the seats. it matches perfectly. the seats have no rips or tears. the velour is a little thin along the top left bolster on the driver's side but as i mentioned it is really nice. the car has an aftermarket alpine stereo. it says it is xm satellite ready on the face. it works good but the previous owner removed the amplifier. as such the aftermarket cerwin vega speakers are still there but not hooked up.

Engine/drive train
    the engine runs fantastic too. when i purchased the car it didn't want to idle very well, but it turns out someone installed the wrong afm. after some trouble shooting, i changed it out and the engine runs really smooth and has good acceleration. The auto trans is also in really good condition. the previous owner said he had it rebuilt about the time the car was painted. i replaced the power steering pump and the return hose. i also replaced the blower fan and resistor block.

the tires have good tread on them but they are a few years old. the aftermarket rims are in really good condition. they don't have any curb rash.

the air conditioning is going to need some work. i replaced the high pressure line that runs between the receiver dryer and the firewall. i ran a vacuum on the system for about 1 hour and after turning off the pump, it held vaccum at 29.5 inches of mercury. i added about a pound and a half of r134 freon but the high pressure side was reading about 50 psi lower than it should. i think perhaps the metering valve is still r12. anyway, the system doesn't seem to have any leaks and the compressor works.

pretty much everything works on the car except for the passenger side window doesn't roll down. if it turns out the motor is bad, i will include a used one at no extra cost.

on to the photos:

this is the spot where the fender and the door had an interference problem. i removed the fender, straightened it up and applied some touch up paint.

this is a well sorted, well taken car that is really pretty to look at. it also runs and drives really really well. the price is 2975.00. i truly think this is a steal for a car in this condition. if you would be more interested in this car with a manual transmission, i think i may be able to source a complete 5speed swap for around 300.00. also, i have a 2.93 lsd that i would sell for another 200.00 above the price of the car.

My Cars
    '85 323i, '88 E24
    What's up with the cluster? Looks like it's out of a later i, not an eta.
    Houston, TX
    1985 323i, 1988 635csi, 1990 Miata, 2003 LW200
    1981 CM200T, 1984 VF700S

My Cars
    '91 325ic
    sale pending.....!

My Cars
    '91 325ic
    car is sold