Thread: My '76 2002 - Redone

My Cars
    -

My '76 2002 - Redone

Well, it's a 1976 2002 that I bought in 2010. Paint was originally red with tan seats. At some point it was repainted a grey that was done cheap. Clear coat was gone pretty much everywhere. Biggest thing, from a little research was checking for rust. Rear towers were immaculate but typical spots behind front wheels and front floorboards were undoubtedly rusty. Drivers side carpet was damp after any significant rain driving.

There should be an article in Roundel about the car soon with much better pictures of the car and some detail shots but here's a quick history of the car from the start and where it is now. Once the article is published I'll post some of those photos as well and give a bit more info about the car.

My Cars
    2002tii
    real good looking paint job! nice pics

My Cars
    Baur e30, Baur 1602, Bav
    Looks good. having a rust free car is always a good starting point.

My Cars
    several
    Nice car. What color is it?

My Cars
    8 BMW's & a Ford p/u
    where in NOVA are you? what shop is that? looks familiar...PTG? lots of 02's around. we will be having another DMV 02 gathering in a month or so.

GW parkway two days ago..

come out to summit point this weekend. SCCA PDX on the main track. several 02 folks are stopping by to say hello. ( I will be instructing)
    Last edited by mlytle; 03-07-2013 at 06:45 PM.

My Cars
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by mlytle View Post
    where in NOVA are you? what shop is that? looks familiar...PTG? lots of 02's around. we will be having another DMV 02 gathering in a month or so.

come out to summit point this weekend. SCCA PDX on the main track. several 02 folks are stopping by to say hello. ( I will be instructing)
    I'm in the Ashburn area.

It is PTG. They did all of the work on the car. The motor, which was a brand new M10, got dyno'd and tuned there as well but pretty much all stock motor. Nothing too special. Made a whopping 137hp on the engine dyno.

I can't make it out this weekend. I leave for Sebring on Saturday but I'm looking forward to having the car in my garage for once so I can fart around on nicer days when the roads are a little nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by 2many02s View Post
    Nice car. What color is it?
    It's a Toyota color. Something that was close to the color it was repainted at some point in its life. I believe it's from a 4Runner.
    Last edited by TomM; 03-07-2013 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    Tom, nice looking car

My Cars
    2003 330i ZHP
    Looks good, always had a soft spot for 2002's.

-Jesse
    2003 Imola Red 330i ZHP

Future plans: LED tails, LED interior light upgrade, LED side markers and fender lights, New headlight lenses, Projector Fog light housings

Mods: 6000K HID Fogs, 10" Sub and 400 watt amp

My Cars
    '74 tii, '85 & '86 535i
    PTG, in Winchester?

Car looks good - bring it to the 30th Deutsche Marque Concours in Vienna VA on Sunday, May 5th. If you are a BMW CCA member you'll be able to display it for the judges. If you are not a member, please join - http://www.bmwcca.org We will also have a car corral for non-members, a first this year!

Details - http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthrea...-Nottoway-Park
    John in VA
    BMW CCA member
    National Capital Chapter
    '74 tii "Juanita"
    '85 535i "Goldie"
    '86 535i "M-POSSTR"
    '00 328i "Fern"
    '03 530i "Titan"