BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: 325ix e30 with 72000 miles cpe' stick

My Cars
    1989 325 ix,1993 318is,1995 325ic,1990 325ic

325ix e30 with 72000 miles cpe' stick

Really i just inherited this from my 89 year old aunt and i am not sure if i should sell it- the dealer is crawling up my back side for it - or sit on it-problem is i am nearly blind and not driving myself. Silver car, black interior, cousin was going to keep it for his daughter and she won't drive a stick so he did as the old girl wished and gave it to me-dealer says its worth 7-10 as they, like me, have not seen an ix in this shape since 1992-but it the real world among people who really love the car, i thought i might at least get feedback of a more realistic nature-so throw it at me-will post pics later
    thanks all
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mikulicz; 03-05-2013 at 08:10 AM. Reason: adding pics

My Cars
    M3 LTW, M235, M4 GTS
    Do you have service history? I'm very interested and not that far from you.

My Cars
    90 325iS
    If it's really in good shape, you're sitting on a small fortune by e30 standards. Please post some pics when you get a chance. GLWS!

My Cars
    F30, E36 M3
    Don't give it to a dealer... It is worth a lot to someone in Colorado. Those cars kick ass.

My Cars
    67 2000cs 93 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by mikulicz View Post
    i am not sure if i should sell it
    I would also be interested if you do decide to sell.

the dealer is crawling up my back side for it
    What it is worth and what a dealer will pay are two different things as you well know, just out of curiosity though, I would call the dealer out on it and see what they would give you for your ix, and I agree with pjo33us, don't sell it to the dealer as your first option, give the folks here first chance on it, cars like this usually sell quickly.

will post pics later
    I can't wait to see these photos, this sure sounds like one darn nice ix!

1988 M3 "Cash for Clunkers" willing to consider trade for a 1988 325ix +$

My Cars

added pics

Well, a whole load of offers have come in and i think it will be really the fair thing to put it on auction on some site. Let the market decide. The dealer offered nada for it-7300. My 1989 4 door ix, a 74000 mile near flawless automatic) was at the same store a few years ago picking up parts and they didn't bat an eye-same sales manager-our local store has had same core staff for 25 years+
    As you can see, i have had a few e30s, some really nice ones, so i do know the cars. But before the sale to any one, I am doing all things to it that i will do for my own driver-5 new tires-originals are thin, oil seals, valve adjustment,spark plugs, t-belt, brake fluid change, transfer case service, water pump and whatever else it will need. I am like that, these cars service us well, if we take care of them.
    Old Mercedes mechanic with a love of BMW.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5
    So is this thing going up for sale on an ebay?

My Cars
    E30 M3/ 740 sprt/ X5d
    Beautiful car- I'll bid on ebay for it if it goes on

My Cars
    90 325iS
    AMAZING car! I'll def be interested to see what it goes for. Again, GLWS

My Cars

Well, i think its the only fair thing to do

The market has changed from just a few years ago. Prices are way all over the place. Honestly, selling this car is not what i want to do, but it is the thing i will/must do. I have had some wild offers, even from the dealer. But chances are if i sell it thru the bay the buyer will be serious, will know the car and we have a format that provides a measure of protection for buyer and seller. IT IS NOT A PERFECT SOLUTION. I bought a car from a Tennessee two years ago and am still without title.
    But, it will give everyone an even playing field.
    I hope that everyone sees this the same as i do.
    thank you all for your impu.t

My Cars
    09 Focus/ 03 ZHP
    I live in Omaha and would love to come by today and take a look at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by panda12 View Post
    I'd take it in the ass once for a Z4M.
    Current Cars:
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP
    2009 Ford Focus
    2003 Honda Civic

My Cars
    see signature
    Congrats on getting the car for free. You might want to consider the folks here before going through the adventure of selling a car online. My recent experience this past week with buying a 39k mile 89 ix auto was an adventure to say the least. The book value is what an insurance company would theoretically pay an owner if the car were totalled. This was my key fact dealing with the silver spoon yuppie flipper non car guy whom I bought my car from this past week in Long Island. He and his wife probably got the car for a song but nonetheless hardly did the basic maintenance on the car during their 2 years of neglectful ownership. During our negotiation, he claimed that he could sell the car for $10k if he fixed all the items we noticed, yeah right. Consider the $ you will have to invest to make the car right and deduct that from the final price. Thats what you're going to net. Why not 'pay it forward' and sell the car for the net price ? Some folks do their own work and some get it done at a shop. Hopefully you will sell the car to someone that won't simply flip the car for a quick buck. My car needed a lot of deferred maintenance. I haven't gotten the bill from the shop yet but the $500 that the seller took off the NADA value was only about 1/3 of what the maintenance repairs actually cost.
    Last edited by aurora steve; 03-06-2013 at 06:04 PM.
    Steve

1991 325iC 26K miles delphin/gray
    1989 325iX 53K mike zinnobar/black

My Cars
    E46 M3
    To help with pricing, in Jan I sold my 1991 325ix 4 door in Sterling Silver on Grey with 115k miles for $8,100. Overall condition was 8/10 and drove excellent. The buyer flew out from Michigan to California and drove it back.

My Cars
    1991 BMW 735il
    just wondering if this car is still for sale. i realize this post is a few years old but its worth a shot. i am very interested.

may be the last e30 left for sale in Nebraska!
    Last edited by ley75; 05-07-2013 at 01:02 PM.

My Cars

gone

Quote Originally Posted by ley75 View Post
    just wondering if this car is still for sale. i realize this post is a few years old but its worth a shot. i am very interested.

may be the last e30 left for sale in Nebraska!
    Actually this happened in march of 2013, and was sold on the bay for 8500-had a dozen tire kickers and even sent it to a dealer for show but ebay produced real money on it. everybody talked big offers but had cash flow problems. Certainly I do understand that-this type of car sale requires out of pocket cash and selling it for what i did was actually 6000 behind another that sold on ebay 2 years ago-but i couldn't drive it and my wife wanted it gone. Thanks for the interest.

My Cars
    1991 BMW 735il
    Actually this happened in march of 2013, and was sold on the bay for 8500-had a dozen tire kickers and even sent it to a dealer for show but ebay produced real money on it. everybody talked big offers but had cash flow problems. Certainly I do understand that-this type of car sale requires out of pocket cash and selling it for what i did was actually 6000 behind another that sold on ebay 2 years ago-but i couldn't drive it and my wife wanted it gone. Thanks for the interest.

Okay

Know of anyone who would have a e30 for sale or someone with the knowledge of where to find one in NE?