Thread: LS2 6.0L V8, perfect for a E36 swap.

My Cars
    E36 M3, E36/8 M Coupe

LS2 6.0L V8, perfect for a E36 swap.

SOLD!!!!!!

I picked up this engine/trans for a swap into my E36, but my priorities have changed. Get a great deal on it here. I have it listed on eBay and other forums as well. If you are in the Central TX area, I'm willing to drop it off at your location, see details below.

(More Photos at Bottom)

Clean and complete LS2 6.0L V8 engine with the T56 6-speed manual transmission setup from a 2005 Pontiac GTO, 67k original miles, Great for an engine swap or OE replacement, engine and transmission are in perfect running condition before the pull out.

Stock power numbers: 400 HP @ 5,200 RPM AND 400 FT-LBS OF TORQUE @ 4,000 RPM
    Engine was fully ran & tested before removal.

Dimensions:
    -Front of accessories to rear-most point of trans shifter: 63.5"
    -Front of accessories to front of bolt on shifter: 56"
    -Back of transmission to center of shifter: 32.5"
    -Center of engine mount to back of transmission: 47"
    -Outward-most point of exhaust manifold to other side of outward-most point of exhaust manifold: 29"
    -Height of engine from bottom most point to top most point: 24"

Included in this package:

Complete LS2 motor / T56 6-speed manual transmission (GTO style shifter, easy to convert to F-body setup)
    PCM and factory Engine Wiring Harness attached.
    Mass Air Flow (MAF) unit.
    All belt driven accessories: A/C Compressor, Power Steering Pump, Alternator & Starter.
    All Sensors on Engine (complete, uncut harness)
    Complete gas/brake/clutch (with cylinder) pedal assembly & mounting hardware

Banded to a long pallet, pedals and PCM carefully wrapped and boxed, entire package wrapped.

Must be shipped freight due to size and weight. Shipped by freight truck to any business addressor your nearest shipping terminal for you to pickup, S/H is fixed at $380 within lower 48 states. Pallet will easily fit in pickup bed, even 5.5' beds. No shipping charge for you to pickup locally (must arrange for forklift), contact to coordinate. I will deliver locally (~50 miles from 76548) for $100 if you have a forklift on your end. Accepted payments: wire transfer, cashiers check, money order, or cash for local pickup/delivery.

Last edited by Sammy Sandbag; 08-04-2013 at 11:02 PM.

My Cars
    All of them.
    i'm not interested, but which oil pan is required for the E36? Is the GTO one the right one?

My Cars
    E36 M3, E36/8 M Coupe
    No, you'll need an F-body pan, at least that's what I've read. There are a couple LS2 build threads in the engine swap forum.

My Cars
    '97 M3 sdn, '00 528 sprt
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy Sandbag View Post
    .... Clean and complete LS2 6.0L V8 engine with the T56 6-speed manual transmission setup from a 2005 Pontiac GTO, 67k original miles...
    What color are the CKP (Crank sensor) and CMP (Cam sensor) on this LS2, Gray or Black?

Quote Originally Posted by bimmerd00d View Post
    i'm not interested, but which oil pan is required for the E36? Is the GTO one the right one?
    As mentioned, F-body is the common pan for the E36 LSx swaps, GTO pan will not fit the E36 but can usually be traded to someone that has an F-body pan that needs the GTO pan. Both are equally valuable and used in many conversions.

'97 Sedan, Cosmos Meconium, Click ME for the build thread.

My Cars
    E36 M3, E36/8 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAAP View Post
    What color are the CKP (Crank sensor) and CMP (Cam sensor) on this LS2, Gray or Black?
    I just wrapped this up tightly with black cling wrap (see photos.) Is the crank sensor near the bottom of the engine, as that's still accessible?

My Cars
    E36 M328i
    Good luck with the sale. Someone will have fun with it.
    I'm almost done swapping an LS into my 951.
    Tim Bevan - Owner
    (303) 502-5375 Office
    (817) 304-0624 Cell
    www.OEMPartHaus.com

Tim@OEMPartHaus.com

E36 M328i...87 XR4Ti...85 XR4Ti...86 "Cossie"...86 944 Turbo...09 MINI Clubman...2012 Subaru Outback

My Cars
    E36 M3, E36/8 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by OEMPartHaus View Post
    Good luck with the sale. Someone will have fun with it.
    I'm almost done swapping an LS into my 951.
    Yeah, I almost want to keep it, but my E36 needs a lot of love (and I need seat time) before I start stuffing 400hp into it.

My Cars
    M3
    These usually sell quick on ebay.

That Swap is perfect for an E30 since its no need to swap the oil pan. I'm doing an LS1 in June.

GLWS
    Last edited by Flaco1978; 02-22-2013 at 06:19 PM.

My Cars
    E36 M3, E36/8 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaco1978 View Post
    That Swap is perfect for an E30 since its no need to swap the oil pan. I'm doing an LS1 in June.
    Sure you don't want to do an LS2 swap, I'm also in Harker Heights, I'll deliver!!

My Cars
    M3
    Sure you don't want to do an LS2 swap, I'm also in Harker Heights, I'll deliver!!

Oh Snap! You in Harker Heights too! Sweet! I didn't think that there was anybody out here trying to do anything that extreme. I though about going LS2 simply cause its newer, but not sure yet.
    Last edited by Flaco1978; 02-22-2013 at 06:46 PM.

My Cars
    '97 M3 sdn, '00 528 sprt
    I just wrapped this up tightly with black cling wrap (see photos.) Is the crank sensor near the bottom of the engine, as that's still accessible?
    CRANK sensor is circled in BLUE in this photo, (plagiarized photo from someone else, not me or any one I know) near the bell housing passenger side, behind the starter

And hers is the CAM sensor, rear of engine behind the intake manifold;

My Cars
    E36 M3, E36/8 M Coupe
    Okay, I just checked the crank sensor, it's black. I would have to completely uncover the engine to see the cam sensor. If you are seriously interested, I can cut a hole in the plastic and look, then recover. Is there a preferred sensor, or does the sensor color indicate a difference in the engine itself?
    Last edited by Sammy Sandbag; 02-24-2013 at 08:07 PM.

My Cars
    '97 M3 sdn, '00 528 sprt
    Okay, I just checked the crank sensor, it's black. I would have to completely uncover the engine to see the cam sensor. If you are seriously interested, I can cut a hole in the plastic and look, then recover. Is there a preferred sensor, or does the sensor color indicate a difference in the engine itself?
    No need to uncover the other. Black crank sensor indicates the crank trigger wheel is 24 tooth vs the 58 tooth, 05-'06 was the change over.
    Yours IS what I am looking for in an LS2, I prefer the 24 tooth crank trigger as that allows the use of the earlier 896 and 411 GEN III PCM's giving the user/tuner more control over various aspects of the tune vs the later PCMS of the 58 tooth crank trigger, such as definitive control over the A/C and other items, (if you have HP-tuners or EFI-live you will see this in comparing the later tunes vs earlier or just research it on LS1 tech or HP-tuners and EFI live forums)

In short, I am interested but, I need to nail down exactly what my next project will be before I pull the trigger on a power plant and car, a few options are on the table. Don't hold it on my account, if someone else has the money, sell it. If nothing else this gives a little more info about it that could help sell it.
    Last edited by BRAAP; 02-26-2013 at 12:53 AM.

My Cars
    99 540i
    are you still sitting on this? PM me a ballpark price if so

My Cars
    E36 M3, E36/8 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by copracr View Post
    are you still sitting on this? PM me a ballpark price if so
    Sorry, sold this a while back.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2