Thread: BMW M celebrates DTM triumph with BMW M3 DTM Champion Edition model.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Post BMW M celebrates DTM triumph with BMW M3 DTM Champion Edition model.

Limited production run of 54 units is a fitting tribute to BMW’s record of 54 DTM race wins.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Post BMW M celebrates DTM triumph with BMW M3 DTM Champion Edition model.

Munich, Germany - December 5, 2012... BMW Motorsport returned to the DTM in 2012 after almost 20 years away, and the results in its comeback year exceeded all expectations. Canadian driver Bruno Spengler won the drivers’ title, BMW Team Schnitzer finished in top spot in the team standings, and BMW claimed the manufacturers’ honours.

BMW M GmbH is celebrating this success with the unveiling of the BMW M3 DTM Champion Edition. Mimicking the looks of Spengler’s racing car, this special-edition model is available exclusively in Frozen Black metallic, while the carbon flaps and gurney, various dark chrome elements, matt black wheels and sections of the race car’s livery also betray its close links with the triumphant BMW M3 DTM. The theme is continued by the BMW M stripe design over the CFRP roof and boot lid, BMW M logo to the rear of the front wheel arches and decals in the rear side windows. Inside the car, the door sill strips replicate Spengler’s helmet design and the carbon-fibre interior trim strip bears the newly crowned champion’s signature and the car’s serial number. The special-edition model also contains various exclusive interior additions, such as the Alcantara® steering wheel, handbrake lever embroidered with “M Power” lettering, and extended black Novillo leather trim with features in contrasting Palladium Silver.

Technical elements like the Competition package, M Drive, M DCT Drivelogic and the M Driver’s Package underline the car’s focus on high performance. Equipment including the Professional navigation system, heated seats and Park Distance Control add more “everyday” ingredients to the model.

BMW M is also offering the 54 new custodians of the BMW M3 DTM Champion Edition – which will be available in various international markets – a very special extra. Owners of this automotive rarity will have the chance to attend the BMW M Fascination Nordschleife driver training course under the watchful eye of Bruno Spengler. One of the most coveted elements of the BMW Driving Experience programme, the course is held on the Nürburgring’s legendary Nordschleife track, where BMW M cars are put through extremely exacting testing sessions and final chassis tuning is carried out.

The BMW M3 DTM Champion Edition will be built at BMW’s Regensburg plant and the BMW M GmbH factory from February 2013. Prices in Germany start from €99,000.00 including VAT.

More...

My Cars
    e39, MAZDA3GT, NA Miata
    I bet it's not comign to North America.
    "It`s nice to be important
    but it's more important to be nice"
    - Hans Peter Gerdees

My Cars
    04 330i zhp; 06 Cooper S
    Makes the Lime Rock Edition look cheap. DCT only is predictable but regrettable.

Odds Turner will buy one??

My Cars
    92 Miata 1.6, 93 318iS
    Quote Originally Posted by maxell0405 View Post
    Makes the Lime Rock Edition look cheap. DCT only is predictable but regrettable.

Odds Turner will buy one??
    What if it comes with the transmission from the DTM car? That would make DCT inferior.

But it's coming with M-DCT.

My Cars
    ESS 625++
    nice car.
    there's been a limerock edition sitting at my dealer for over three weeks now. I wonder how sales of limited editions fair?
    ESS 625
    RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

My Cars
    BMW
    what about the S65?

My Cars
    2009 bmw x5
    DCT only is predictable but regrettable.
    Last edited by kevinocarro; 01-03-2013 at 09:53 PM.

My Cars
    '83 533i
    Not sure if I like that stripe...
    Objects in mirror are losing. ///M

My 533i rebuild thread
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1591269

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3
    No performance upgrades in suspension, drivetrain, or engine. Not so special.
    97 BMW M3 (s52b32) - VF-Supercharger kit ( Vortech V2-SQ supercharger, 32 pound injectors, VF tuning ), VDO/LeatherZ Gauge Kit (Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, and Boost), UUC Motorwerks RSC36 Exhaust, Stainless Steel 6-2 Exhaust Headers, Bilstein Sports, Rear Adjustable Camber bushings, Wheel Spacers 10mm in front 25mm in back, Uprated Clutch, UUC Shift Knob, Short Shifter and Clutch Stop, Cross Brace, Mason Engineering front strut bar, Contour Wheels, Euro Ellipsoid (Angel Eyes) HID Headlights, braided steel brake lines, aluminum thermostat housing, mishimoto aluminum radiator and silicone hoses and a partridge in a pear tree

My Cars
    1993 740I
    I want one !!!!!!!

My Cars
    02 330ci
    Not liking the stripe, or ///M on the side.