5-speed manual
    3.45lsd
    Schwarz II black
    Tan interior

Price:
    $5,800
    ----now $5,000

Background:
    I am posting my 95 318i for sale. I have owned this car for 5.5 years now, and it has been extremely reliable in that time frame. It has never stranded me, not even with a battery issue. That being said, I am the second owner, and bought the car from an acquaintance of my dad's. The car was ordered with 2 options: Alloy wheels and the winter package for the limited slip differential.

I enjoy this car a lot, and it is extremely fun drive. I would love to solely keep this car for autocross and track purposes, but seeing as I am in college, that is not financially feasible. This car is a blast at autocross and handles extremely well.

Modifications:
    Soon after I got this car, I started to upgrade many things. Over the course of 5 years, I have done the following upgrades/modifications:

Downing/Atlanta Supercharger
    Metric Mechanic 3.45 variable limited slip differential
    Bosal Brospeed Exhaust
    UUC 11.5# flywheel
    E34 M5 clutch disc
    E36 M3 slave cylinder
    TEIN Basic coilovers
    M Contour 17x7.7 wheels
    Turner Motorsport camber plates
    Z3 1.9 shift lever and all shift bushings
    Every suspension bushing on the car was replaced in summer 2008 with OEM or M3 bushings
    Turner Motorsport brake kit (also have Cool Carbon pads with about 45-55% life left)
    Momo steering wheel
    Kenwood headunit
    6x9 Infinity Reference rear speakers powered by a 600w Profile Baja amp

Track/Autocross:
    I have tracked this car once, at Sebring Raceway, in 2011. I have Autocrossed since summer 2008, and recently stopped this year due to school.

Body/Wheels/Paint:
    The wheels currently have 235/40/17 Dunlop Direzza Star Spec tires on them.

The paint is overall an 8/10. I keep it as cleaned and waxed as I possibly can. There are a few minor areas where the clear coat is chipping. There are some scratches and dents, seeing as this car is 17 years old. There are a few rust spots where the jack pads should be, and one small patch on the trunk seeing it was originally from New Jersey.

The only accident this car has ever been in was when I was at Sebring for track in 2011, a truck backed into my car at the hotel parking lot, and damaged the passenger front fender. I then quickly got the fender replaced with an original BMW part.

Interior:
    The interior is in overall good condition. The carpets are clean and the door panels are not bubbling or de-laminating. The rear seats are in excellent condition, with very few people ever having sat in them. I replaced the headliner myself a few years ago, because the original was sagging. It still looks great, but the only thing is the middle rear of the headliner fell about a year after I did it. I chose to staple the headliner up, so it would not sag and block my rear view.

Drivetrain:
    In February 2009, I bought and put on the Downing/Atlanta Supercharger with the help of my close friend. The install went smoothly, and has been fantastic ever since. This has not hindered reliability. I see between 26mpg (low) and 28(high) averages on my commute to school going between 75 and 80mph. The original limited slip differential failed in early 2008, due to the original owner driving through many winters of thick snow. I replaced the unit with a rebuilt one from Metric Mechanic, and it includes 4-clutch packs, and is a variable limited slip unit. The ratio is 3.45:1 (the original ratio for all 5-speed E36 318's) and is a small case differential (168mm). I replaced the guibo a few years ago, when I noticed a few small cracks on the original unit. I recently replaced all shift bushings, and put in a Z3 1.9 shift lever.

At the time of differential replacement, I opted to have the rear suspension taken out and the M3 reinforcement plates welded in to avoid any possibility of rear floor tearing. All bushings were replaced and reinstalled. The front has Meyle HD outer ball joints on the control arms, and offset M3 control arm bushings.

The flywheel was replaced with a UUC 11.5# aluminum lightweight flywheel mated to an E34 M5 clutch disc, E36 M3 pressure plate, and E36 M3 slave cylinder. The pedal feel is great, and the clutch grabs hard for the power this car makes compared to an E34 M5. The engine revs very quickly. There is a lot of transmission rattle (aka clutch rattle) with the A/C on.

I replaced the original exhaust with an Eberspacher OE unit in late 2009, and the catalytic converter with an OE part as well. In late 2010, I found and bought a Bosal Brospeed catback exhaust for the car. There is no drone on the highway. I do have the Eberspacher muffler that will be included with the sale.

Maintenance:
    I have all records for this vehicle, including the original window sticker, all of the original booklets, and all of the maintenance records from myself and the original owner. Included is a receipt for gauge pod replacement at 37,xxx miles in 1997. The gauges indicate 131,xxx miles now, which equates to a little under 170,000 actual miles on the vehicle. I replaced the original water pump in December 2010 as preventative maintenance. I currently use Castrol GTX synthetic 5w-30 oil in this engine. I just replaced the valve cover gasket in July, due to a small oil leak into cylinder #2. I have performed much of the service on this car myself, but have also left much to my local mechanic.

I am sure I missed a few things, so please feel free to PM me for any further details I may have missed, or you want to know more about. I also have more pictures. My email address is kamakeraion@gmail.com. Please use this email or PM me on here to contact me. I frequently check email.

Pictures:

Last edited by Hodge; 04-01-2013 at 04:26 PM.

My Cars
    Miata
    ttt

My Cars
    Miata
    $6000

Need her gone!

My Cars
    Miata
    Bumpy

You definitely treat your cars right. It is pretty rare to see one in this kind of condition - just thought I'd show some appreciation!

My Cars
    Miata
    Thanks!

I sure do. I have a big stack of paperwork from myself and the previous owner, and all original manuals and catalogs as well.

My Cars
    Miata
    Make an offer!

My Cars
    Miata
    come take her home for Christmas

My Cars
    Miata
    $5800

need her gone by the end of the month!

My Cars
    Miata
    End of the world bump

My Cars
    Miata
    Christmas comes once a year, supercharged 318's don't

My Cars
    Miata
    Bump!

$5600

My Cars
    Miata
    Make offer

My Cars
    Miata
    $5500...come get this guys, this is stealing it from me!

My Cars
    Miata
    Ttt

My Cars
    E36 M3
    I approve of this car. It's a shame, but you would made a whole lot more than your asking price by parting it.
    Wow:http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=971063

Just say no to cheap reps. Go real or go home.

OZ bolt tools for $41 shipped:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OZ-FUTURAS-S...item51a0a55203

My Cars
    Miata
    It is a shame because this car has alot done to it. It is an absolute blast to drive. I simply do not need 3 cars while in college.

My Cars
    Miata
    Bump

My Cars
    1995 325i Sedan

Dont part yet , got someone lined up for my 325 , sale is set for tuesday . Hope its still there by then

My Cars
    Miata
    You bet. PM me when you are ready.

My Cars
    2006 M Roadster
    Where are you located?

2006 X3 3.0i - Retired
    2008 335i - Retired
    1998 M3 Vert - Retired
    1995 M3 Coupe - Retired
    2011 335d - Retired
    1997 M3 Coupe - BMWCCA Club Racing - IP #22
    2006 M Roadster

My Cars
    Miata
    PM'd

My Cars
    Miata
    bumpy bumpy

My Cars
    14' Nissan Note, 04' E55
    Such a sexy 318...inspires me to do a lot of this to mine..

Hope it finds a good owner - you are obviously a great one!

My Cars
    Miata
    thanks! I do care for it a lot. I want somebody to take care of it and enjoy it. It is an absolute blast to drive!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast