Thread: FS: 2002 M Coupe, Imola 79k miles

My Cars
    951, LTW M3, GTI

FS: 2002 M Coupe, Imola 79k miles

Wife and I are adopting and since we have no idea when that could happen I am going ahead and listing the M Coupe up for sale. Need another car with a backseat and I am not getting rid of the 951 or the racecar. Im sure Ill pick another up once we move into a place with a bit more room in a few years.

---

2002 S54 M Coupe, currently 79,7XX miles. 1 of 21. Imola / Imola/black.

Will consider trades for 2008+ X3 or 2007+ Audi B7 S4 wagon (+ cash if needed).

Bought it this winter with 75k, had a PPI that didn’t turn much up besides shift pins. Car had clean carfax/autocheck. Inspection 2 performed by previous owner including valve adjustment, fuel filter, plugs, throttle sync, coolant/brake/diff/trans fluid changes. OEM coolant, ATE super blue brake fluid, redline in trans/diff. Rear subframe is perfect. TWS Motorsport 10w60 used every 5k miles.

Modifications by previous owner:
    Dinan ECU flash
    Dinan exhaust
    IE green subframe bushings
    KW V1 suspension, front control arm bushings and rear RSMs.
    Wilwood front BBK with slotted rotors, stainless lines.
    Pads front and rear are in great shape / just inspected.

I had it shipped to Randy Forbes in Ohio and had the rod bearings done. He looked over the car and gave it a good bill of health minus a power steering pulley that had a few cracks in it. That was replaced along with the drive belt.

During my ownership I have replaced the following:

Rod bearings at 76k
    Clutch/pressure plate/throwout bearing, shift pin bushings, rear main seal at 77k
    Power steering pulley / drive belt 77k
    Rheostat 76k
    Philips HIR 9011/9012 headlight bulbs. 78k
    Roadstars stripped/professionally stripped and powdercoated by Wheel Medic in Ohio. 77k
    New tires with less than 3k miles, 235/40 and 255/40 Continental Extreme Contact DW. 10mm spacers front and rear.
    Seat bushings (Whalen) and seat mod kit installed (lifts front of seat ~1”, more comfortable – easily removed if next owner desires).
    New front floor mats, has rear “M” mat as well
    Whalen shift knob, says “M Coupe” across a 5 speed shift pattern / polished.
    Chrome door lock pins and chrome e-brake button from leather-z
    OEM Bosch pre-cat 02 sensors, both banks at 78k

Interior is in nice shape, the imola plastic panel that surrounds the radio had scratches from PO so I bought a brand new one from BMW and its in the box and will go with car.

Car presents very well and gets compliments everywhere we go – way more than my black 99 Coupe ever did. Ive had it on 3 lifts now and had everyone inspect subframe/car in general – no issues noted. Has a few minor scratches / paint chips here and there but really no dents or anything major- just small imperfections typical of a car with 80k on it. Always stored indoors. The front nose “could” be repainted due to stone chips and a few scrapes on the underneath/wings on the front nose – never bothered me – again typical of 80k miles.

Replaced aftermarket HU with CD43 and US-spec AUX input. No changer – aux input is ran into the rear console for ipod/phone plug in. The US-spec has another set of RCA inputs that could be used for satellite radio if desired.
    Replaced jumbo amp/sub with a JL Audio XD700/5 which is now hidden where the factory CD changer would be located – that is also where the crossovers for the front MB Quarts are located. Rear speakers are 5.25” rainbows. Sub is now a 6.5 Kicker CVT in the factory sub enclosure, everything is completely hidden by the factory plastic enclosures.

No CELs, all power functions work, A/C blows cold. No glovebox sag – have the z3 fix kit on the shelf but has not needed it, will go with the car if new owner would like to fix as a precaution.

Nit picking / faults:

The temperature knob can be sticky if not used for a few days (both my z3s have done this) – it is completely functional - just takes a little encouragement.

Previous owner cracked the drivers side plastic speaker grill surrounds on the front door when replacing the speakers - I have replacement speaker grills and will plan on replacing prior to sale. Nothing major but not perfect so I figured Id mention – door panels and seats in really good condition, dash perfect, headliner perfect.

No track use, this has always been a street car.

$24,000 OBO. Located in Indianapolis, IN 46256.

My Cars
    GTI/M Coupe/Targa4/912
    Sorry you are selling but you will be back. Nice car and great price too. GLWS.

My Cars
    Yellow Pants
    You should just take my coupe and I'll give you some $ on top to get yourself a nice down payment on another car.

My Cars
    1989 BMW 325i
    New on forum. Would like to contact SamGrant951 to view M.

My Cars
    E368 / E30 M3 / 997 GT2
    Quote Originally Posted by hexagone View Post
    You should just take my coupe and I'll give you some $ on top to get yourself a nice down payment on another car.

My Cars
    03 530iA, 06 330ci ZHP
    That is one sweet and well sorted shoe.....GLWS!

My Cars
    R32 GTS-4, E30 325i
    That price for that setup makes me wish I would have waited a few months before I bought mine.

Good luck with sale, I'm sure you'll have no problem.
    2000 M Coupe. Totaled 04/10/15

1990 E30 325i

1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-4

My Cars
    Lotsa ///M's
    You got a PM

My Cars
    '00 Z3 2.3 Roady, '08 M5
    Wow! This car is mainly beautiful. Unfortunately with baby #2 on the way and one Z3 in the garage already, the likelyhood of another Z in the garage is a no-go.

This shouldn't last long.

My Cars
    '01 Z3.0 R; '13 MB Coupe
    Imola FTMFW.

Mods: Remus 76mm exhaust, CDV delete, ASA AR1 18in staggered wheels, Turner 12 mm spacers, custom red tails, Kenwood deck/Sirius/BT/USB, ZHP knob, Redline boot, LeatherZ armrest, Amsoil all around, red needles, Akebono Euro brake pads, 34k original miles!

My Cars
    2002 M Coupe
    want

My Cars
    2000 Audi S4
    This is a beautiful car. In fact, this is, so far, the best looking M Coupe I've come across in my search.

You mentioned you'd consider a trade for a B7 S4 Wagon, and while this isn't exactly that, I figured I'd throw it out there. Would you consider a straight trade for my Nogaro Blue B5 S4 Sedan? It has a fully built motor, fully built heads, and twin GTX2863 turbos. Motor was built less than 10,000 miles ago, and on my current Southbend clutch, it will do 600whp/tq. All told, excluding the cost of the car, I've put about $30,000 into the car in the last two years quite meticulously.

It's no wagon, but it does have two more seats than the M Coupe!

Rich

My Cars
    '99 Estoril CP, '97 Z3
    Sell me the wheels!!!!!

My Cars
    S54 e36/8
    wow, great price.

My Cars
    See my signature
    Amazing car, fantastic price, wish I didn't have other commitments because this would be 'the one' ok ok...it would be my 3rd coupe but 'the one' I would keep in the states seriously well done on keeping it so um um lovely.
    BMW
    1988 E30 M3: (STOLEN) Zinnabarot/Tan
    1991 850Ci (SOLD): Euro spec, Black/Black, Wokke Chips, Remus Exhaust, ACS Body Kit, 3.91 LSD
    1999 M Coupe (SOLD): (Euro S50B32), Estoril/Estoril/black, RE SSK, RK6A, RAID Steering wheel, R.Forbes sub-frame kit, ACS splitters/roof wing, Hi-perf. chip, Vibrant exhaust rear diffuser, ACS Type II Race wheels
    2002 M Coupe: (US Spec, S54) JET Black/Black, UUC SSK, RK6A, RAID Steering wheel, SS Powerflo headers/Custom Exhaust, 3.73 LSD, R.Forbes sub-frame kit, ACS splitters/roof wing, rear diffuser, SSR GT3 18" wheels
    2006 Mini Cooper S: Hyper Blue/white Top/blue-charcoal interior, Alta Supercharger pulley/cold air intake/light Crank pulley, Headers, OBX exhaust (Daily Driver)

My Cars
    89-97-03 M3
    Sam I sent you an email from my work address. A have a loaded APR Tuned B8 A4 Avant and 97 M3 Sedan or just cash. I know we can work something out.

My Cars
    2002 Z3, Pathfinder(R50)
    Wow that car is gorgeous. I can't imagine choosing a coupe over a roadster, but I sure would love to add this one!

My Cars
    1974 2002
    Car still available? 646 246 9679 heres my number. Thanks, Khai

My Cars
    1974 2002
    Anyone know how I can reach seller?

My Cars
    Multiple BMW's over the years
    Sam,
    sorry you need to sell it. I am the PO, and if it would help your sale, I would be happy to speak with any prospective purchasers.

My Cars
    Lotsa ///M's
    I spoke to Sam the second day it was for sale, and it had a deposit on it. He put me second in line, spoke to him last weekend and told me the buyer came through with financing.

So last I heard the car was sold. Congrats Sam. Just an update for you fellas!

Cheers
    Current:
    15' F82 M4 (soulless beast)
    12' e92 M3 (clean daily)
    09' e92 M3 (track whore 3.0)
    06' E46 M3 (ZCP YUM)
    02' e36/8 M coupe
    01' e36/8 M coupe (the chosen)
    99' e36 M3 (spoiled)
    99' e36 M3 (track whore)
    99' e36/5 (chump 2.0)
    95' e36/5 (chump car)