Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I may have to sell the Coupe

My Cars
    E368 S54

Unhappy I may have to sell the Coupe

It's been a while since I posted in here. If you knew me before, I used to live in Northern Virginia near Alexandria. I've since, rented that house to a nice military couple and have moved to Florida. I live on the water in Apollo Beach and work in Temple Terrace. It seems that having two houses and three cars won't allow me to add a boat. And since I can't have everything, the Coupe might have to be the thing that goes away. If you know me and the car and are interested in the Coupe shoot me an email. Don't PM me, I won't respond. Don't tell me to sell one of the other cars, I have a wife and 2 kids.

This isn't a "For Sale" thread, so there is no price, or information about the car.

Sarchasm: The gap between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

My Cars
    01 E36/8
    Don't do it. You'll dump twice the cash into the boat and be lucky if you break even when you get rid of it.
    01 M S54 Estoril Coupe (Fun)16 Mini Clubman S(Daily)03 325i (Wifes Car)Your never further away from oblivion than a distracted soccer mom in a SUV.

My Cars
    E368 S54
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach Tuck View Post
    Don't do it. You'll dump twice the cash into the boat and be lucky if you break even when you get rid of it.
    Thanks for the help. I understand the boat won't hold value. Please refrain from further financial advice in this thread.

Sarchasm: The gap between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

My Cars
    1997 M3/4/5
    =[ You will likely regret it once it's gone, but you seem pretty dead set on it.
    Last edited by Flak; 07-30-2012 at 09:20 AM.

My Cars
    Horse drawn chariot
    What a thread .

Pardon my grammar and lack of smileys sent by the Nautilus using Bf.com
    Last edited by yash; 07-30-2012 at 01:09 PM.
    "My man did you simply get carried away with your dramatic gesture or were you pointing your water gun at me with lethal intentions ?"

Terry F. is offline ONLY BMW Content is + Moderator
    My Cars
    M-Roadster
    Boats are a blast, do it. What kind of boat are you considering?

Terry

Stuff. I got stuff.

My Cars
    E368 S54
    Looking at a 25' CC. NauticStar, Hydra Sports or Sea Hunt. It's got to be family friendly (read: bow & transom seating).

Terry F. is offline ONLY BMW Content is + Moderator
    My Cars
    M-Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by dozerslobber View Post
    Looking at a 25' CC. NauticStar, Hydra Sports or Sea Hunt. It's got to be family friendly (read: bow & transom seating).
    Cool, lots of choices at that size.

T

Stuff. I got stuff.

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe, '05 Legacy GT, Rotax kart!
    Sorry to hear of having to sell your Coupe, but sometimes reality clashes with plans. Besides being able to take along the family, it seems that down in Florida there are more opportunities to enjoy a nice boat than a nice car. (But food for thought: no M Coupes has EVER been lost in the Bermuda Triangle. Just sayin')

My Cars
    4 BMWs.
    Quote Originally Posted by exartist View Post
    Sorry to hear of having to sell your Coupe, but sometimes reality clashes with plans. Besides being able to take along the family, it seems that down in Florida there are more opportunities to enjoy a nice boat than a nice car. (But food for thought: no M Coupes has EVER been lost in the Bermuda Triangle. Just sayin')
    He's just transferring Road fun for Sea fun.
    2001 Z3 3.0i -Oxford Green/Sandbeige
    2016 428xi -Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 430iC- Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 330it - Melbourne Red/Venetian Beige/Black

My Cars
    '98 M Roadster
    If you're on the water then a boat is a great investment whether it holds value or not - it's all about having fun and enjoying life!

My Cars
    2018 X4 M40i
    If I ever lost my mind (again), I'd buy a jet boat. They are like jet skis; same motor, and often multiple motors. Draft is not deep, and they are not that expensive, either. Then again, repairs on Rotex motors can hurt as I found out.

The only problem with them is heavy surf in the ocean. Wonderful for lakes!
    2018 X4 M40i

My Cars
    ML320-GTI-996TT-Bikes
    Sorry to hear but understandable. If I didn't have any mountain twisties and lived in FL, I would be tempted to get a boat as well

SOLD MAY '14
    Mods
    : 6psi Supercharger kit; Rogue RSM's; DINAN strut brace; Magnaflow exhaust; Stewart waterpump; Stoneguards, Glove box fix, M Shift knob; Aux input adapter;
    Mesh bumper grill; Projector Z II headlights (35W Xenon), IE alu radiator, ARD wheel studs, H&R coilovers, Work VS-XX wheels/Hankook V12 tires, VANOS fix

My Cars
    RX-78-2, RX-93v
    Quote Originally Posted by dozerslobber View Post
    It's been a while since I posted in here. If you knew me before, I used to live in Northern Virginia near Alexandria. I've since, rented that house to a nice military couple and have moved to Florida. I live on the water in Apollo Beach and work in Temple Terrace. It seems that having two houses and three cars won't allow me to add a boat. And since I can't have everything, the Coupe might have to be the thing that goes away. If you know me and the car and are interested in the Coupe shoot me an email. Don't PM me, I won't respond. Don't tell me to sell one of the other cars, I have a wife and 2 kids.

This isn't a "For Sale" thread, so there is no price, or information about the car.
    I'm local to you! *waves*

My Cars
    2001 BMW Z3 2.5i
    I don't understand the point of this thread...

thought it must be a heart wrenching decision to sell

mcoupemindy is offline Senior Member BMW CCA Member
    Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    Jay is a good guy and his car is well taken care of. If I was in the market (and wanted another one), I wouldn't hesitate to make him an offer.

Enjoy the boat - I'm sure you're going to have a blast.

My Cars
    95 240SX|98 Z3M|05 Elise
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8F3UE9qFsg[/ame]
    Last edited by Scarceas; 07-30-2012 at 11:02 PM.

My Cars
    2002 Z3, Pathfinder(R50)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsin View Post
    I don't understand the point of this thread...

thought it must be a heart wrenching decision to sell

Ok, so for clarification...The point of the thread is to let the people who knew you in VA know that you are selling your Coupe, in case they want to make you an offer?

Serious question. I am not trying to be a jerk, I am just trying to understand.

My Cars
    Several
    Does Florida have any curvy public roads? Coastal living would seem like a better fit for a straight line muscle car. Fun hauling down a straight empty highway though.
    "If the Corvette is a rebellious child of the extended automotive family, the M coupe is the blackest of sheep." - via Car & Driver

My Cars
    Horse drawn chariot
    The car is up for sale to whoever knows him personally , and the lack of info in the thread is to prevent the usual ungodly for sale price and car bashing, I guess .

Last edited by yash; 07-31-2012 at 11:38 AM.
    "My man did you simply get carried away with your dramatic gesture or were you pointing your water gun at me with lethal intentions ?"

My Cars
    '92 TRM E36 / '05 325ci
    Quote Originally Posted by Telecomtodd View Post
    If I ever lost my mind (again), I'd buy a jet boat. They are like jet skis; same motor, and often multiple motors. Draft is not deep, and they are not that expensive, either. Then again, repairs on Rotex motors can hurt as I found out.

The only problem with them is heavy surf in the ocean. Wonderful for lakes!
    Jet boats are the teet

My Cars
    2002 Z3, Pathfinder(R50)
    Quote Originally Posted by yash View Post
    The car is up for sale to whoever knows him personally and has his email , and the lack of info in the thread is to prevent the usual ungodly for sale price and car bashing, I guess .

Ah, this makes sense as I am sure the above is quite tedious to any seller.

My Cars
    '01 SG/IR S54 M Coupe
    coupes ARE GRRrrreat! But so is having a boat on the ocean! Esp a nice center con rig like you're looking at!

Not that you're looking for advice, and you may already know/have one, but 100000% MUST GET AN EPIRB locator beacon. 99.999% of these people we read about who have mechanical issues, or something goes wrong, end up in super shitty situations/people die etc. all bec they didnt have an EPIRB. esp if you're taking your family out. also a waterproof handheld radio is a must. sorry, off soap box now

My Cars
    E368 S54
    Full disclosure for those confused...

When I posted this message I was at the internal struggle phase of deciding whether it was right or not. I'm no longer there. I'm honestly ready to sell. The reason for the lack of detail is there are several forum members who know and have met me and my car. I have on several occasions been asked to be contacted if I ever decided to sell. That was the point of this thread. It was an attempt to reconnect with any of those folks.

In addition, there are many people who don't know me well, but knew I was in Northern Virginia. I also intended this to be a notice that had moved.

Some deets on the car and info:

2001 M Coupe
    Estoril over Black/Black
    21,000 miles
    Original everything including the factory rubber on Shadow Grey Roadstars.
    Current set of wheels are correct offset 9x17, 11x17 DTM Kreuz with Kuhmo XS rubber (less than 5000 miles).
    I replaced the factory subframe bushings with Powerflex Purple (race). (still have the originals)
    Factory brakelines were replaced with SS Goodrich Lines. (still have the originals)
    I have tracked the car a total of 11 days and done 2 autoxs.
    The car has seen rain as many times as you can count on your fingers and water beads off the paint.
    The interior is perfect by most standards with little if any wear on the driver's bolster. People even think it smells new still.
    It's mostly been driven like a grandma. (#Clintjg)
    I have the title in hand and the car and I are in Apollo Beach, FL.

And again, email me if you want more details. (If you can't figure out how to email through Bf.c: right-click my username.)

OH and I now live 20 miles from Randy Forbes.
    Last edited by dozerslobber; 07-31-2012 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    Lotsa ///M's
    You've got a PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast