Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: '99 Z3 Roadster 2.8 Supercharged

My Cars
    ML320-GTI-996TT-Bikes

FS: '99 Z3 Roadster 2.8 Supercharged

I still absolutely love this car but I think it's time it goes to a new enthusiast. I don't want or need to sell this car but I have too many vehicles and it won't get driven more than 1-2k mi/year. I only listed it on a few enthusiast sites/forums; I prefer it to go to a good home and not some kid that will trash it in a year.

Anyway, on to the details. Overall, the car is in excellent condition both mechanically and cosmetically. I owned it since Dec 2004 and kept a detailed spreadsheet on everything I ever did to the car. The car is featured in Bimmer magazine nr 111 (Dec 2012 issue). Currently 87.9k mi; might go up a bit since I still drive it occasionally. Details and pics below; I might add some more later. Registered through Dec 2013

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Not parting out the car and only serious inquiries please

Standard info/features
    * Jet Black (Black II) over Beige Oregon Leather;
    * 5-speed manual;
    * Power everything;
    * Business CD radio;
    * Heated seats;
    * Cruise control.

Engine/performance
    * 6psi bolt-on supercharger kit (professionally installed by VF-engineering);
    * Power is somewhere between the S52 and S54 M roadster; about 290-300hp crank.
    * Stewart waterpump (significant upgrade over OEM);
    * Ireland Engineering all aluminum radiator for better cooling;
    * VANOS fix;
    * Magnaflow 14815 exhaust.

Suspension/handling
    * DINAN Strut brace;
    * Rogue engineering shock mounts;
    * H&R coilovers.

Cosmetic/other
    * Umnitza Xenon headlights (OEM headlights included in sale);
    * Stone guards;
    * Upgraded mesh bumper grill;
    * Retro-fitted auxiliary input;
    * I had hood and bumper repainted to get rid of rock chips (no accident; full records available);
    * ARD wheel studs with anti-theft nuts.

Asking price: $13,500 with stock wheels. Add $2500 for the Work VS-XX wheels and near brand new tires (Hankook Ventus V12).

Right now, the stock wheels need new tires. Front probably has 30-40% left but the rears are completely worn. There is some slight curb rash as well (I can take pics of all 4 wheels for you; currently up in the attic). Willing to wrap in some new rubber if my asking price is met.

Recent pic with Work wheels

7/25/12

7/25/12

BMW Magazine sneak peak

Full sunlight exposure showing paint condition

Old photo showing the stock wheels (car is still on stock suspension here)

Interior shot (photo credit Zachary Mayne)

Engine internals when doing the VANOS fix
    Last edited by luciano136; 02-21-2013 at 01:13 AM.

SOLD MAY '14
    Mods
    : 6psi Supercharger kit; Rogue RSM's; DINAN strut brace; Magnaflow exhaust; Stewart waterpump; Stoneguards, Glove box fix, M Shift knob; Aux input adapter;
    Mesh bumper grill; Projector Z II headlights (35W Xenon), IE alu radiator, ARD wheel studs, H&R coilovers, Work VS-XX wheels/Hankook V12 tires, VANOS fix

My Cars
    02 e367, 08 Acura TL-S
    Sad to see this for sale, but I completely understand. I'd love this for a daily, that would be an absolute blast.

-Todd

My Cars
    ML320-GTI-996TT-Bikes
    Let's say I won't be heart broken if it doesn't sell

Both the GTI and my bike are the daily drivers. So, to have 3 other recreational vehicles is a little over the top. Selling the SUV would be best but I need a snow/offroad/cargo vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by lokijibber View Post
    Sad to see this for sale, but I completely understand. I'd love this for a daily, that would be an absolute blast.

SOLD MAY '14
    Mods
    : 6psi Supercharger kit; Rogue RSM's; DINAN strut brace; Magnaflow exhaust; Stewart waterpump; Stoneguards, Glove box fix, M Shift knob; Aux input adapter;
    Mesh bumper grill; Projector Z II headlights (35W Xenon), IE alu radiator, ARD wheel studs, H&R coilovers, Work VS-XX wheels/Hankook V12 tires, VANOS fix

My Cars
    1997 BMW Z3 2.8L
    Any posibility of supercharger part? or headlights (I send you stock plus cash in return)
    ?

My Cars
    ML320-GTI-996TT-Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk399 View Post
    Any posibility of supercharger part? or headlights (I send you stock plus cash in return)
    ?
    Thanks for the message. At this time, I don't really want to part anything out. If I don't find an interested buyer in a few months, I will most likely keep the car and I love the way it looks and drives now so I don't really want to start over.

As far as the lights go, they are still available through Umnitza. I selected the ones with the black housing (instead of chrome) if you want the same ones.

SOLD MAY '14
    Mods

My Cars
    S52 times 2
    NOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

My Cars
    98 BMW Z3 2.8, 91 Volvo 940 SE
    Luciano!!! Ma che fai?!?!?!?!? GTIs are a dime a dozen compared to the beauty you've created (inspiration to much of what I've done to mine...to include an eventual SC...maybe...at some point). Had a 2010 convertible Hard-top Z4 owner tell me he liked my car more than his just yesterday! Well, if you must, GLWS...but don't be a stranger.

Ciao!

'98 BMW Z3 2.8 -- S52 Cams/Dinan CAI & Twr Strut/Butt Strut/JC Shark/SS DTM Exhaust/Eurosport UDPs/Fan Delete/Eurosport M50 Mani/E30 3.73 LSD/JBRacing & RE LWF+Clutch/Evo M3 6-speed

My Cars
    ML320-GTI-996TT-Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibber66 View Post
    Luciano!!! Ma che fai?!?!?!?!? GTIs are a dime a dozen compared to the beauty you've created (inspiration to much of what I've done to mine...to include an eventual SC...maybe...at some point). Had a 2010 convertible Hard-top Z4 owner tell me he liked my car more than his just yesterday! Well, if you must, GLWS...but don't be a stranger.

Ciao!
    Thanks for the nice words! I don't really want to sell but it's getting a little too crowded. If I don't find an enthusiast, the Z is staying though! Either way, I'm not leaving this forum

Btw, the GTI isn't the reason, this is
    Last edited by luciano136; 07-28-2012 at 03:32 PM.

SOLD MAY '14
    Mods

My Cars
    2x 1997 BMW Z3 2.8
    Awesome Z3 versus standard porsche which is a car for balding people who are desperately trying to look young and cool? Are you kidding? Looks like you can't even get the top down in that porsche!

My Cars
    ML320-GTI-996TT-Bikes
    Hey, don't make me feel worse about it !

The 996 is a whole different animal but both are great in their own way. I always wanted a turbo but part of the appeal is also the back seat; we have a baby now, so the times of driving the Z together with my wife are over. I do agree that the Z actually looks better.

I definitely didn't get it for image though; I buy the cars I like. Could care less if it were a Kia or a Porsche . The old balding people buy brand new Porsche convertibles

Quote Originally Posted by deni2s View Post
    Awesome Z3 versus standard porsche which is a car for balding people who are desperately trying to look young and cool? Are you kidding? Looks like you can't even get the top down in that porsche!
    Last edited by luciano136; 07-28-2012 at 06:55 PM.

SOLD MAY '14
    Mods

My Cars
    ML320-GTI-996TT-Bikes
    Tuesday bump

SOLD MAY '14
    Mods

My Cars
    ML320-GTI-996TT-Bikes
    Bump

SOLD MAY '14
    Mods

My Cars
    98 BMW Z3 2.8, 91 Volvo 940 SE
    Quote Originally Posted by luciano136 View Post
    Thanks for the nice words! I don't really want to sell but it's getting a little too crowded.
    Suitable alternative?

I kid...I KID!!!

(BTW, NOT my kid and NOT my car )
    Last edited by Gibber66; 08-07-2012 at 02:30 PM.

'98 BMW Z3 2.8 -- S52 Cams/Dinan CAI & Twr Strut/Butt Strut/JC Shark/SS DTM Exhaust/Eurosport UDPs/Fan Delete/Eurosport M50 Mani/E30 3.73 LSD/JBRacing & RE LWF+Clutch/Evo M3 6-speed

My Cars
    ML320-GTI-996TT-Bikes
    LOL!! Or I'll take my daughter and just leave my wife at home . We'll see; maybe I'll just get a car cover for the ML and keep storing it in the driveway. That way, the Z and 996 and bike can continue to stay in the garage .

Quote Originally Posted by Gibber66 View Post
    Suitable alternative?

I kid...I KID!!!

(BTW, NOT my kid and NOT my car )

SOLD MAY '14
    Mods

My Cars
    ML320-GTI-996TT-Bikes
    Monday bump

SOLD MAY '14
    Mods

My Cars
    1997 Z3 2.8 Roadster

Interested in Cincinnati

Just what I have been looking for, Do you have any specs on the SC that you could share. I have a 97 with lots of Dinan upgrades.. but faster would be better.
    I would like to make a deal on yous and hand mine down to my son.
    I am in Ohio however and not sure how the whole shipping thing would work.

Adger@browncowtech.com

My Cars
    ML320-GTI-996TT-Bikes
    Email sent

Quote Originally Posted by Adgdawg View Post
    Just what I have been looking for, Do you have any specs on the SC that you could share. I have a 97 with lots of Dinan upgrades.. but faster would be better.
    I would like to make a deal on yous and hand mine down to my son.
    I am in Ohio however and not sure how the whole shipping thing would work.

Adger@browncowtech.com

SOLD MAY '14
    Mods

My Cars
    ML320-GTI-996TT-Bikes
    Bump on this beautiful Sunday

SOLD MAY '14
    Mods

My Cars
    ML320-GTI-996TT-Bikes
    Added an interior shot

SOLD MAY '14
    Mods

My Cars
    ML320-GTI-996TT-Bikes
    Weekend bump.

SOLD MAY '14
    Mods

My Cars
    2009 BMW 335i E90
    Very Nice Z.. i would think 13,500 would be fair with the current wheels... Or at least fresh tires on the stock wheels. Not trying to bash, but 16k can buy you a really nice (Not that your Z isnt), really fast E36 M3, with wheels

I can also understand your asking price for the hard work and $$ dumped into her, and the simple fact that you dont want to get rid of it

glws, i think lol.

My Cars
    ML320-GTI-996TT-Bikes
    Work wheels retail over 3k without tires. So, including them in the price would be crazy.

If tires on the stock wheels would be the only objection for a potential buyer, I'm sure I could work something out. Just don't want to put new tires on a set of wheels that aren't used; that would be a waste.
    Last edited by luciano136; 09-23-2012 at 06:47 PM.

SOLD MAY '14
    Mods

My Cars
    ML320-GTI-996TT-Bikes
    Since this came up a few times, I'm willing to put some tires on the stock wheels if I get my asking price

SOLD MAY '14
    Mods

My Cars
    2010 BMW 328i
    We featured your car here: facebook.com/BMWMarketplace

My Cars
    ML320-GTI-996TT-Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by enthusify View Post
    We featured your car here: facebook.com/BMWMarketplace
    Hey, thanks for that !

SOLD MAY '14
    Mods

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast