Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heads up Stock Estoril Coupe for sale in San Diego area

My Cars
    00 sc Roadie

Heads up Stock Estoril Coupe for sale in San Diego area

Hey Guys, I was coming back from a little drive yesterday and I saw this beautiful coupe for sale in Poway.

It only has 40k on it, looks to be totally stock ...but it has a CCA sticker in the window. The salesman didn't know if the rear end had the Randy Forbes treatment (and I wasn't about to go crawling around on the ground to check it out).

Anyway if you're in the market they're asking 25k for it. Contact Poway Auto Group at 619 957 6865, ask for Rick.

I don't have any connection to this car, I just saw it as we were driving by the lot. It's just a really nice example of a low miles coupe.
    Some ladies like a hand-held. I prefer to drive mine.

My Cars
    01' z3 3.0
    S54 I'm assuming?
    On the hunt for Westvleteren. Have some? PM me.

My Cars
    AT-AT
    Wow it's been awhile baby M! Last time I saw you was at the LACMA BMW art car display.
    The search box is awesome..try it!

My Cars
    z3 2.3 z3 3.0
    Quote Originally Posted by illiano View Post
    S54 I'm assuming?
    No 1999 per ad on Poway Mits website

My Cars
    Coupes...
    M Logo is flat, and the vin is too old for S54.

Estoril on Black S52 Coupe.

Estoril is so sexy.
    White is Right, Steel Grey is OK, but Estoril is the only color that truly matters.

I like Coupes.

My Cars
    01' z3 3.0
    Quote Originally Posted by mpire
    M Logo is flat, and the vin is too old for S54.

Estoril on Black S52 Coupe.

Estoril is so sexy.
    Yeah I zoomed in on the logo but couldn't tell.

Based on the price I was just assuming it was a well priced low mileage s54. Other way round' though
    On the hunt for Westvleteren. Have some? PM me.

My Cars
    Yellow Pants
    lol, 25k

My Cars
    Several
    Hyundai license plate frame is classy.
    "If the Corvette is a rebellious child of the extended automotive family, the M coupe is the blackest of sheep." - via Car & Driver

My Cars
    See my signature
    Quote Originally Posted by hexagone View Post
    lol, 25k
    one can dream no?

Quote Originally Posted by adonnan View Post
    Hyundai license plate frame is classy.
    man that is terrible...what are they thinking?
    BMW
    1988 E30 M3: (STOLEN) Zinnabarot/Tan
    1991 850Ci (SOLD): Euro spec, Black/Black, Wokke Chips, Remus Exhaust, ACS Body Kit, 3.91 LSD
    1999 M Coupe (SOLD): (Euro S50B32), Estoril/Estoril/black, RE SSK, RK6A, RAID Steering wheel, R.Forbes sub-frame kit, ACS splitters/roof wing, Hi-perf. chip, Vibrant exhaust rear diffuser, ACS Type II Race wheels
    2002 M Coupe: (US Spec, S54) JET Black/Black, UUC SSK, RK6A, RAID Steering wheel, SS Powerflo headers/Custom Exhaust, 3.73 LSD, R.Forbes sub-frame kit, ACS splitters/roof wing, rear diffuser, SSR GT3 18" wheels
    2006 Mini Cooper S: Hyper Blue/white Top/blue-charcoal interior, Alta Supercharger pulley/cold air intake/light Crank pulley, Headers, OBX exhaust (Daily Driver)

My Cars
    Coupes...
    Quote Originally Posted by hexagone View Post
    lol, 25k
    You laugh now, but wait a few more years.

Low mileage Coupes are becoming quite rare.
    White is Right, Steel Grey is OK, but Estoril is the only color that truly matters.

I like Coupes.

My Cars
    1999 Z3 2.5L 5sp
    Quote Originally Posted by illiano View Post
    S54 I'm assuming?
    The CM93 in the VIN makes it a S52 ///M coupe, and the X in the VIN makes it a '99

My Cars
    Yellow Pants
    Quote Originally Posted by mpire View Post
    You laugh now, but wait a few more years.

Low mileage Coupes are becoming quite rare.
    Meh. Nice and rare sure, but it's not like our cars aren't rare to begin with.

I've had enough coupes to know that besides overall physical shapes, even the most expensive coupes share the same annoying quirks and downfalls as cheap cars. So were I to own this pristine 40k coupe, I'd have to have done all the same work that I did on my well driven car.

I'm not a collector, so I'm perfectly content with 128k on my perfectly presentable estoril car that I look forward putting miles onto.

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyM View Post
    Hey Guys, I was coming back from a little drive yesterday and I saw this beautiful coupe for sale in Poway.

It only has 40k on it, looks to be totally stock ...but it has a CCA sticker in the window. The salesman didn't know if the rear end had the Randy Forbes treatment (and I wasn't about to go crawling around on the ground to check it out).

Anyway if you're in the market they're asking 25k for it. Contact Poway Auto Group at 619 957 6865, ask for Rick.

I don't have any connection to this car, I just saw it as we were driving by the lot. It's just a really nice example of a low miles coupe.
    Hi Josie, I was thinking about (not seeing you around) just a day ago!

My Cars
    E36/8, K12R, E91
    Nice to see you still kicking around Josie, hope you are well!
    2002 Alpine White w/ Black 368 (<OO \(||][||)/ OO>)
    Power: Custom Exhaust w/ High Flow cats, CSL headers, built, low-compression Supercharged and aftercooled S-54, ViPEC standalone ECU, Vortech V2 Si trim
    Driveline: Euro 6 speed, 3.64 diff w/ 40% Lockup, Rogue Octane SSK, UUC Red TME kit, UUC Stage 3 LTW Flywheel/M5 Clutch, SS Shift Knob
    Suspension & Brakes: TC Kline True Match Coilovers 500f/500r w/ adjustable camber plates, Racing Dynamics sways, Custom front sway endlinks, ATE fluid, UUC/Willwood BBK 6 piston f - 4 piston r , Slotted E46M3 Rotors, Stainless Lines, Strong Strut, IE Subframe & adjustable rear trailing arm bushings
    ICE & Misc: Projector Z's w/DDE & 5k HID, 19'' Gold HRE C20's, Custom Aux pwr outlet, footwell lighting, ACS Splitters, Areo Sideskirts, Custom gauge pods, Z8 Start, Pioneer AVIC Z3, Clarus Components, 10" RE Sub in a Mister-X Enclosure, Alpine PDX 4X150 + 1X600 Amps
    Coming soon: and a visit to Randy Forbes

My Cars
    00 sc Roadie
    Thanks for the hellos! Yeah I'm still lurking around, just been focusing on less recreational things.

So yeah, I figured you guys would pick up on the flat badges and VIN and whatnot pretty quick. 25k does seem a little steep but IMO that would be a bargaining start point.

Anyway, the guy didn't know anything about coupes, definitely not about the subframe issues. I started telling him about it and how he could look it up online and he was getting a glazed look in his eyes.

Then I told him how expensive it was to fix and that if it had already been done it could add value to his merchandise. He was very interested in that.
    Some ladies like a hand-held. I prefer to drive mine.

My Cars
    02 M Coupe, 07 A3 S-Line
    I just heard it sold for $19,800 and is headed to Connecticut. I think that was a great deal.

2002 Steel Gray over Imola Red M Coupe

My Cars
    1999 Z3 2.5L 5sp
    Quote Originally Posted by jrmartin03 View Post
    I just heard it sold for $19,800 and is headed to Connecticut. I think that was a great deal.
    Glad to hear that a, even low mileage, S52 isn't fetching $25k.

My Cars
    02 m 367 & 99 m 368

How do you know these things? You must have spies everywhere.

Geoff.

My Cars
    R32 GTS-4, E30 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by GB5416 View Post
    2000 M Coupe. Totaled 04/10/15

1990 E30 325i

1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-4

My Cars
    01 LSB 367M

Geoff.

Jedi powers.

2001 S54 LSB/NAPA. 1 of 7.

My Cars
    1999 Z3 2.5L 5sp

Geoff.
    Never heard of clairvoyance?

My Cars
    02 M Coupe, 07 A3 S-Line

Geoff.
    Nothing too exciting; the buyer just emailed me . He had been debating between two coupes and decided on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by gmushial View Post
    Glad to hear that a, even low mileage, S52 isn't fetching $25k.
    I think the right seller may have been able to get $23-24k, but from what I heard, this Hyundai dealership did not have a clue what they had.
    Last edited by jrmartin03; 07-26-2012 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    1999 Z3 2.5L 5sp
    Nothing too exciting; the buyer just emailed me . He had been debating between two coupes and decided on this one.

I think the right seller may have been able to get $23-24k, but from what I heard, this Hyundai dealership did not have a clue what they had.
    Two points: one being it's interesting to note the difference btwn asked price and actual sale price - that's useful information for future negotiations; and two: the difference btwn cartel pricing and "real world" pricing, ie, I'm sure the dealer didn't take a loss on the sale [my guess is the 19.8 pricing is not too far off eBay pricing). All very interesting.

One other point: as much as many around here complain about EA pricing, isn't cartel pricing the same, just to a slightly lesser degree?

My Cars
    02 M Coupe, 07 A3 S-Line
    Quote Originally Posted by gmushial View Post
    Two points: one being it's interesting to note the difference btwn asked price and actual sale price - that's useful information for future negotiations; and two: the difference btwn cartel pricing and "real world" pricing, ie, I'm sure the dealer didn't take a loss on the sale [my guess is the 19.8 pricing is not too far off eBay pricing). All very interesting.

One other point: as much as many around here complain about EA pricing, isn't cartel pricing the same, just to a slightly lesser degree?
    The large difference between asking price and sale price is more typical of a Hyundai dealership (or like) than of the coupe market in general. Specialty dealers and private parties will rarely come down so much.

Now that I have a coupe, I don't mind the high prices EA asks for and receives. It was just frustrating as a shopper. Those serious about Cartel pricing are like me and won't ever sell their coupe anyway. There's literally not a single car I'd rather have for the long haul under $100k+, and I have little hope of ever finding another coupe like mine, so that's why it's personally worth way more than market value to me.

My Cars
    1999 Z3 2.5L 5sp
    The large difference between asking price and sale price is more typical of a Hyundai dealership (or like) than of the coupe market in general. Specialty dealers and private parties will rarely come down so much.

Now that I have a coupe, I don't mind the high prices EA asks for and receives. It was just frustrating as a shopper. Those serious about Cartel pricing are like me and won't ever sell their coupe anyway. There's literally not a single car I'd rather have for the long haul under $100k+, and I have little hope of ever finding another coupe like mine, so that's why it's personally worth way more than market value to me.
    W/re the price disparity: had noticed that before actually, in that I get every morning a list of most of the Z3's available/for sale in this country, and notice that private sellers are much more realistic in their asking price, and that (stealers) dealers either have higher expectations, or start with a higher ask giving them room to come down while negotiating.

W/re love of Z's - fully understand, and as I've posted here of late: both the wife and myself don't see anything on the market, independent of price, that we'd rather have... so instead of buying a 2nd best, or 3rd best, or 10th best, have decided to, as money comes available (two daughters in med school is a killer), to build a collecton of 3 Z's - keep the 2.5 5sp, add a 3.0 auto and a 3.0 or S54 coupe. Since we're both old-farts, even if not all 3 continue to run, at least one or two will continue such as long as we're driving.

W/re cartel pricing: in reality I don't think such serves any useful prupose - maybe helps inflate egos of those that want to think they have something really valuable... but to tell the truth: something is really no more valuable than what someone will pay for it. So in fact such fantasies can be counterproductive, ie, someone is looking to buy x, think their coupe is worth y, commits to buy x, assuming they'll be able to get y for their coupe, only to discover that the real value is y-n and they have to backout of the deal for x (possibly at some expense to them). Personally I'd rather keep a level head and an honest understanding of the real market value of most anything (but that might come from being a company owner).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast