BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: 2001 BMW 330i, 5 speed- CT

My Cars
    2001 330i

2001 BMW 330i, 5 speed- CT

I am putting up for sale my 2001 BMW 330i, which has a 5 speed manual transmission and 88K miles. It has the sport package and premium package, although the headlights are non-hid. Within the last two years/12K miles I have replaced the front brake calipers, rotors and pads. I also have brand new rear rotors and pads, but did not put them on at the time as they still had some life left on them. I have also replaced the valve cover gasket, the PCV system and all accompanying hoses, right rear window regulator, dipstick oring seal, H&R sport springs, battery, and serpentine belt. I have added a ipod hookup to the stock radio, which works well. Overall the body of the car is very clean, with the exception of two small sections of rust starting just below each front door on the rocker panel. This is the only rust I have ever found on the car.

I have been driving this car as my daily driver, and consistently average 27-28 mpg. The engine runs very strong and does not use any oil, to my knowledge synthetic has been run in it the vehicles whole life. The transmission shifts smooth, and the clutch does not slip. The A/C works very well.

These cars are getting harder and harder to find with less than 100K miles on them, especially in good condition with a manual transmission. The car looks great, and I always get compliments on it. I just have too many cars, and am trying to save up to buy a house. This is a very comfortable, quick, and stylish looking car that I will miss not having around. Although I have never driven this car in the snow, it does come with a separate set of snow tires/wheels.

I am asking $8500 for the car, but am open to reasonable offers

My Cars
    00 Corolla
    Could you supply a few more pictures? Maybe some of the engine bay, close up on the wheels, and rust spots?

My Cars
    2001 330i
    Sure no problem. I will try to get those posted up sometime tomorrow

My Cars
    F30, E90 PAST: E36
    very nice. if it's here in mid september i'll be contacting you. glws

My Cars
    10' 335i zmp
    interested.

My Cars
    01 330i
    Very interested, I sent you an email through the craigslist email. Shoot me some engine pics and info through the number I gave you.

My Cars
    2001 330i
    More pictures as requested

My Cars
    E46 M3, '07 335ic
    Can't do a PM because of your post count, soooo.

How many owners?
    How long have you owned it?
    Did you do all of the regular maintenance and service work yourself?
    What are the know mechanical/electrical/suspension issues?
    Is it the original clutch ?
    Any synchro issues with the tranny?

It is a nice looking car, though.

thx
    Last edited by norwegian540; 07-17-2012 at 04:01 PM.

"The mind stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimension."
    Oliver Wendell Holmes

My Cars
    01 330i
    send me a text at the number i gave you. I'll know tonight if I'll be checking it out. Definitely want this

My Cars
    2001 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by norwegian540 View Post
    Can't do a PM because of your post count, soooo.

How many owners?
    How long have you owned it?
    Did you do all of the regular maintenance and service work yourself?
    What are the know mechanical/electrical/suspension issues?
    Is it the original clutch ?
    Any synchro issues with the tranny?

It is a nice looking car, though.

thx

I am not sure of the # of owners. I am aware of 4.

I have owned the car for a little less than 2 years now, and have put roughly 12K miles on the car

I did all of the maintenance myself, with the exception of the valve cover gasket, PCV system, and serpentine belt. For that job, I had a mechanic friend change the items for me. I have been going to him for years with my more involved repair projects, and I have never had a problem with any of his work.

Known issues- The only electrical problem I can think of is the oil level sensor has gone bad. I researched this and found it was quite common, the light comes on for about a minute when you first start the car. I never bothered to replace the sensor as I would check my oil with the dipstick. The suspension does not creak or groan, and it handles quite well. There are no mechanical problems with the car that I am aware of. I believe the clutch is stock, but am not positive. The transmission shifts smooth and has never behaved in a way that would make me think there is anything wrong with it.

One cosmetic item- the front right foglight lense is cracked, as is the right front corner of the front bumper spoiler/lip.

My Cars
    01 330i
    Bossler - Please send me an email or a text. I'll be working in the shop today. I want to come look at this. I am in NY but I can come to see it no problem.

I am not sure if you got my email. If not, let me know so I can send you my info again. I checked on finances last night and should have everything worked out. I just need you to contact me back about it.

My Cars
    2001 330i
    I called and left you a voicemail last night, as well as sent you an email. Is your email address jeffreychamplain@aol.com? If not, I must be mistaking you for someone else and I never received your original email. You can reach me either through phone or email, 860-966-8126, or bosslerm@wit.edu.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by likuidslider603 View Post
    Bossler - Please send me an email or a text. I'll be working in the shop today. I want to come look at this. I am in NY but I can come to see it no problem.

I am not sure if you got my email. If not, let me know so I can send you my info again. I checked on finances last night and should have everything worked out. I just need you to contact me back about it.

My Cars
    2001 330i
    Ttt

My Cars
    05 330i zhp & 96 328i
    I sent an email to bosslerm@wit.edu
    Waiting on a reply...
    Let me know if you have not received it or if there is a better way to reach you.
    Thanks

My Cars
    2001 330i
    Sold to likuidslider603.

Enjoy the car

My Cars
    01 330i
    Thanks alot. Great car and a great seller. Thumbs up all the way from NY