Thread: More Pics of my iX ( Pic Intensive!!!)

My Cars
    3 E21s, 87 4Runner

Thumbs up More Pics of my iX ( Pic Intensive!!!)

Some day shots and interior shots.

Sorry for the barrage of Pics but I was bored today so I was productive artistically.
    BMW for life.

My Cars
    1986 325es 5-speed
    i want an IX soooo bad!!! this one is beautiful!

‎"The nice thing about these cars is that they are mechanically like legos - they really just snap together once you get the right parts."

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5
    Awesome car. It's in great shape!

My Cars
    3 E21s, 87 4Runner
    Thank you! To be honest, it is not all perfect up close. For some reason it is just incredibly photogenic. Its got numerous small dents and some rust spots. The dents have mostly happened during my ownership, although I haven't done any of them. Damn people in parking lots with no respect. I'm currently on the prowl for M3 Cardinal red front seats and a M-Tech II wheel. Just to class it up a little more. The stock front seats are just so uncomfortable for the long drives I frequently do in it. I plan on keeping it at least until 500,000 miles. When I start making more money I would like to put an M-Tech front set up and rear valence on it. Then have my shops body man repair the rust and respray it. Then proceed to lower it a little and get lower profile tires on refurbished and powder coated wheels. Should be pretty lovely when all is said and done.
    Last edited by Unique320; 06-11-2012 at 10:15 PM.
    BMW for life.

My Cars
    88 iX, 92 325i,01 325xiT
    Great iX and as I looked at the pix about the only thing that stood out that the car needed was to sit just a bit lower. That will make the stock crosspokes and oem size tires look totally different and give the car a more aggressive appearance. Not as good for snow, but the drop isn't really all that much.

Hope you do keep her. I plan to be buried in mine. Also, love your cardinal interior with the dark blue car. You might want to look for sports seats and have them refurbished and re-covered. A good shop should be able to match the cardinal with no problem. In the short term though, it is possible that re-padding your comfort seats would make a big difference in your own comfort.

The "Flaming Slug", Dinan Stage One suspension

And one from the front
    Last edited by red88ix; 06-11-2012 at 11:46 PM.

My Cars
    3 E21s, 87 4Runner
    ^^^^ Talk about beautiful!!! Wow your car is amazing. I agree 100% on the lowering part, and a iS lip just ads the perfect touch of sportiness. I have been looking for sport seats also. I just keep trolling the junk yard for an Is to steal some out of. I suppose the sport seats would match the back seat and door panels much better. Thats probably a cheaper route anyways. Your car is definite inspiration. Thank you for posting those pictures.
    BMW for life.

My Cars
    1998 bmw m3 coupe
    Looks great
    Last edited by racerbmw; 07-07-2012 at 12:44 AM.

My Cars
    91318is 91318ic 89325ix

sport seats

I own a 91 318ic with sport seats and a 89 325ix with comfort seats.
    While everybody and their brother seem to think sport seats are the bomb, My rather old, wide rearend much rather approves of the comfort seats , no wedgies. The comfort seats material is much more resistant to the effects of age then the leather sport seats.
    Just my opinion. I don't know that I would change out good comfort seats for sport seats. And before you get a set that needs to be redone, check out what it will cost to redo them. It will give you a heart attack.

The ix original seats are still darn near perfect. The ic seats need to be redone for the third time.

My Cars
    Cleepa
    love the color combo. definitely needs a drop though

My Cars
    '87 BMW 325is 80k miles
    Amazing shape for the stock wheels!!! Mine are full of dirt and are so hard to clean!!