Thread: Haven't posted any pics of the Race Car in a while...

My Cars
    3 E21s, 87 4Runner

Thumbs up Haven't posted any pics of the Race Car in a while...

So here you go. Soon I'm going to take all the stickers off and put the interior back in. Then it will be getting caged (hopefully) this summer.

Hope you like.
    BMW for life.

My Cars
    e21, e30 m3. e46 330ci
    I'm actually liking that front valance with the diving board bumpers. what is it?
    Tom D

77 e21 - m42
    88 e30m3
    04 330 dinan3
    84 r1000rt
    02 r1150rs
    all of them gray
    14 f800gsa - red headed stepchild!

My Cars
    3 E21s, 87 4Runner
    Its a plastic front valence off of a GMC Sonoma. Back when I first started racing RallyX I put that on just because i thought it looked cool. Now with the hole in the middle, it acts as a functional place to mount the oil cooler because of the M20 swap. I'm glad someone else agrees that it looks cool. Haha.
    BMW for life.

My Cars
    BMW 325
    Looks good, what wheels are those? Really like em haha

My Cars
    1983 BMW 320i M20 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Unique320 View Post
    Its a plastic front valence off of a GMC Sonoma. Back when I first started racing RallyX I put that on just because i thought it looked cool. Now with the hole in the middle, it acts as a functional place to mount the oil cooler because of the M20 swap. I'm glad someone else agrees that it looks cool. Haha.
    That is neat! How did you mount it? Was fitment a big issue? what year sonoma if you dont mind me asking? I love seeing and hearing about custom stuff like this. Just awesome!!!

My Cars
    3 E21s, 87 4Runner
    They are staggered Rial Cobra's. 15x7 in the rear and 15x6 up front. As for the year, I haven't a clue. It was sitting in the back of a truck bed full of donated stuff at my automotive class. My teacher said I could just have it after he saw me putting it up on the front of my car as a test fit. Haha.

Mounted by drilling holes in the bumper and bolting it on.
    Last edited by Unique320; 06-10-2012 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    BMW for life.

My Cars
    83 S50/320i and '03 745i
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
    I'm actually liking that front valance with the diving board bumpers. what is it?
    Tom beat me to it....

I also agree...that valance really makes a diff in the look of the car....I personally really like it....wow...nice job!

My Cars
    3 E21s, 87 4Runner
    Thank you! Ive slowly been searching for a matching piece for the rear. I think it would flow better with one. If anyone ever wants to do it in the future, just go to a junk yard and look in the american truck section. Mine is normally full of these trucks. Still can't remember the year though...
    BMW for life.

My Cars
    '81 320i
    Kind of surprised people don't like that valence...it looks really good man. The whole car does.

Good stuff.
    Last edited by Tom Cruise; 06-11-2012 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

uberpanzer is offline 4 banger's RULE!!! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    3cars-36v. Math FTW!
    That valence style on under the diving board reminds me of the '87 e30 Sport valence found on both the 325es and the 325is that year. Obviously not EXACTLY the same, but similar styling. And I too think it flows nicely with the car with the bumper's lines. Obviously some purists might take offense to a BM part being on an e21, sorta like the e30 purists freaking at the Volvo lip spoiler being flipped upside down and put onto the bottom of the plastic bumper valence, but hey, not EVERYONE can make body pieces in their backyard or workshop.

So wait...interior is going back in and THEN you're caging it? Please explain. I'm hoping it has to do with the class you're trying to run in. Otherwise I would say leave the interior out to shed the pounds (that the cage will add).
    Metal Bumpers Are For BEEETCHES!!!!! "King of Lean" - Retired

"If that bikini isn't made of Micro-Fiber and has Quick Detailer on it then GTFO!" -BabyM

My Cars
    1983 BMW 320i M20 Turbo
    What filter are you using in place of your highbeam? I want to do the same thing on mine, so I am just curious. Thanks.

My Cars
    3 E21s, 87 4Runner
    I thought it kind of looked similar to a 535is front valence. As for the interior in, I just thought it would be kind of cool to have a hill climb car with full interior. I'll have 300-350 hp so the extra weight wouldn't affect too much. As for the filter in the light, I just switched over to a Miller Performance WAR chip and MAF conversion so now the intake picks up below the alternator. I'll be putting the light back in. Haha. Thanks for the responses!
    BMW for life.

My Cars
    1983 BMW 320i M20 Turbo
    Do you still have the headlight filter setup? Would you be willing to sell it off? I'd be interested. Let me know. Thanks.

My Cars
    3 E21s, 87 4Runner
    There really wasn't a "Intake Set up" in the bucket. More just a hole to the air filter attached to the AFM. Sorry.. :/
    BMW for life.

My Cars
    1983 BMW 320i M20 Turbo
    so the ring that you see in the pictures you posted earlier is just the headlight bucket? Looks like there is something sitting in the bucket that is kind of "outlined" in the headlight hole in those pics. Hmmm.

My Cars
    3 E21s, 87 4Runner
    Yeah I actually just painted the bucket black. And left the trim ring on. My intention was for air to funnel through the bucket at high velocity into the air filter. I had planned on using a Subaru air box and making a kwazye ram air set up but it never happened.
    BMW for life.

My Cars
    1983 BMW 320i M20 Turbo
    Hmmm interesting. Ok. Thanks for the info.