Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 95 M3 stanceworks build

My Cars
    Techno M3/4/5

95 M3 stanceworks build

Hey i wanted to start a build thread so i can see the progression of my new car. Im not sure if im in the right section, if not please move it mods.

Just picked up a 95 m3 alpine coupe with grey hurricane Vaders. My plans to try to have this car stanced and on stanceworks by the end of the summer. Wish me luck

UPDATE ON PAGE 19, 20,21,and 22

First mod, frenched highs

Last edited by DakarDario; 04-24-2014 at 11:31 AM.

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    why would you do that to that car... I love that interior
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

My Cars
    Avus Cosmos Calypso!
    don't stanceworks your nice car. It'll turn to shit. Bad performance, chassis modifications, $$$$$ out of your pocket, less $ in your pocket when it comes time to sell? WHY? None of the real racers stancework their car....

My Cars
    Turbo e36 M3
    Can't wait to see more of this build. You guys are all misinformed. Stancing a car is much more important than performance modifications. Plus, some stance works modifications make the car perform BETTER than some of your idiots track cars. 22" wheels, combined with lowness, stretched tires, and poke drastically improved acceleration and cornering.

Speed is all about INERTIA. Idiots. Heavy 22" g-unit bro rims have more intertia than stupid arc 8's. Don't hate because you're slower.

Lowering the car IMPROVES suspension geometry by decreasing suspension travel. Less suspension travel=less body roll. A lower car also has a lower center of gravity, resulting in maximum corner g's. Scraping your car on the ground in corners can actually cause the car to have more braking forces on the side nearest to the apex of the turn. Read up on the Mclaren mp4-12c folks.

OP. you should try using grade 8 nuts as strut hat spacers. More lows.
    Last edited by cmzwirner; 06-08-2012 at 11:25 AM.

PT6262 - SPA Mani- NickG Tuning - TiAl - CES Cut-Ring - Blood Sweat & Tears
    PT6262 Budget Build!! | CES Cut-Ring Install Thread

My Cars
    95 M3, 87 535is
    I'll trade rides with you, fenders already rolled...

My Cars
    '95 Cosmos E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by cmzwirner View Post
    Can't wait to see more of this build. You guys are all misinformed. Stancing a car is much more important than performance modifications. Plus, some stance works modifications make the car perform BETTER than some of your idiots track cars. 22" wheels, combined with lowness, stretched tires, and poke drastically improved acceleration and cornering.

Speed is all about INERTIA. Idiots. Heavy 22" g-unit bro rims have more intertia than stupid arc 8's. Don't hate because you're slower.

Lowering the car IMPROVES suspension geometry by decreasing suspension travel. Less suspension travel=less body roll. A lower car also has a lower center of gravity, resulting in maximum corner g's. Scraping your car on the ground in corners can actually cause the car to have more braking forces on the side nearest to the apex of the turn. Read up on the Mclaren mp4-12c folks.

OP. you should try using grade 8 nuts as strut hat spacers. More lows.

my head almost exploded. until i saw what you did there. lol you got me.

OP: the car looks PERFECT as is. maybe some spacers for the ltw wheels, if you HAVE to do something, and that's it. nothing else. it's such a beautiful car...
    Last edited by Chazwick05; 06-08-2012 at 11:36 AM.

My Cars
    Turbo e36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazwick05 View Post
    OP: the car looks PERFECT as is. maybe some spacers for the ltw wheels, if you HAVE to do something, and that's it. nothing else. it's such a beautiful car...
    QFT. Sell it to me and buy a shitty car to do shitty mods to.

PT6262 - SPA Mani- NickG Tuning - TiAl - CES Cut-Ring - Blood Sweat & Tears
    PT6262 Budget Build!! | CES Cut-Ring Install Thread

My Cars
    E36
    gorgeous as is. I'll pay $3k and you can have my rust bucket (sig) to stance...
    BMW CCA Illini Chapter Vice President
    1995 M3
    - My Favorite DIY's and FAQ's

My Cars
    325is
    OP your not gonna get any luck here with these retarded people. Actually go to stanceworks. We accept all there. Even track cars.

My Cars
    98 M3
    Looks good op, check out the Broadway static coils.

My Cars
    325is
    I approve the above.

My Cars
    98 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeam3 View Post
    I approve the above.
    I approve of your statement too

My Cars
    325is
    Broadway coils=amazing

My Cars
    1997 M3/4/5
    Like a dog dragging his a$$ on the carpet, scrape that $h!t on the ground!!!!! Then be sure to post pics of the undercarriage damage to collect your props.

My Cars
    Black
    2k on top of my cosmos that already needs fender work. please don't ruin that car

My Cars
    325is
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammyzuko
    Like a dog dragging his a$$ on the carpet, scrape that $h!t on the ground!!!!! Then be sure to post pics of the undercarriage damage to collect your props.
    I'll post some up later for you of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by weedshoes
    2k on top of my cosmos that already needs fender work. please don't ruin that car
    It's not ruining it.
    Last edited by iwannabeam3; 06-08-2012 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328i

It's not ruining it.
    Yes it is. This isn't even subjective. It is objectively ruining the purpose of the car

My Cars
    325is
    Quote Originally Posted by LagWagon
    Yes it is. This isn't even subjective. It is objectively ruining the purpose of the car
    To your standards. Not to his and others. A car is meant to be enjoyed by the owner.

My Cars
    1997 M3/4/5
    I'll post some up later for you of mine.
    That's alright man, I don't need to see a beat up 325.

My Cars
    1995 M3, 1985 745i , S13 240sx sr20det
    OP looks like u have a decent example, might wanna consider keeping it that way (as always it's ur car though so do what u want to it). BTW your interior is rain and not hurricane and might be original to the car since the rain and 95 matches. If you care under the rear seat should be a paper with VIN and other info to confirm. I had to research this one to figure out what the op was talking about stanceworks. Found this website http://www.stanceworks.com/ and perused it. Nice article on a classic bimmer collecter and other than that mostly a bunch of gay slammed cars and pics of douches or hipsters or whatever you call em nowadays. Also wanted to share this pic of a car I saw on the road the other day.

Seriously can't believe people do this to their cars as IMO it serves no functional or aesthetic purpose. One of these days I'll dig out pics of my old school "stanced" 1988 Sentra from high school on 13x7" gold & chrome wire wheels with spinners on low pros and negative offset. Back then we used to call it skateboarding a car and rollin on D's. I thought I was the ish back then but then I grew up.

95 BMW M3 Alpine-
    <GO...JIC Cross Coilovers- UUC RCAB, AKG FCAB, Rogue Engineering TM bushings- AA Gen3 Exhaust- Dinan F&R Strut Bars- Dinan F&R Sway Bars- X-Brace- Mishimoto Rad- BBS RK 17x8"- TRM Chip- Dinan BBTB- DIY CAI- JP Performance Headers- 21.5 injectors- JB Racing Flywheel- Bimmerworld TB boot- 540i MAF><SHOW...OE euro clear exterior lights- Depo w/ HID- Hurricane Alcantara interior- Stereo (Kenwood,Sony,MB Quart,Rockford Fosgate,JL Audio)- Black kidneys- Euro 3 Spoke- ZHP Knob- AutoDim Mirror>

My Cars
    M3, 850i, E30T, E55T
    I don't understand...ruining the car or not, your goal is to:

Stance the car
    Get it on stanceworks.

I'm curious, why post it on bf.c at all? Just somewhere to preliminarily show it off before your post it for the real crowd you're interested in impressing?

Car looks nice
    Last edited by adamnur; 06-08-2012 at 02:19 PM.

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328i
    To your standards. Not to his and others. A car is meant to be enjoyed by the owner.
    No, vehicles are purpose built. You buy a track-ready sports car to track it or drive it aggressively. You buy a SUV to haul shit and tow stuff.

The original purpose of the car is effectively ruined by OP. No room for argument on that one

My Cars
    4Runner/911
    Quote Originally Posted by adamnur View Post
    I don't understand...ruining the car or not, your goal is to:

Stance the car
    Get it on stanceworks.

I'm curious, why post it on bf.c at all? Just somewhere to preliminarily show it off before your post it for the real crowd you're interested in impressing?

Car looks nice
    Or at least post in the right section.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...play.php?f=139
    1988 911 - Carb'd - Twin Plug - 3.6
    1999 SL 500
    2016 4Runner TEP - Gone
    1995 M3 - LS2 - Gone
    1998 M3 - Gone
    1991 M5 - Gone
    1993 RS America - Gone
    1995 M3 - Gone

My Cars
    325is
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammyzuko

That's alright man, I don't need to see a beat up 325.
    You must be new here.

Quote Originally Posted by LagWagon

No, vehicles are purpose built. You buy a track-ready sports car to track it or drive it aggressively. You buy a SUV to haul shit and tow stuff.

The original purpose of the car is effectively ruined by OP. No room for argument on that one
    Haha a us spec e36 m3 track ready? Wow. The original purpose of the car from bmw is for customers to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amuro Ray

For lack of a better word, we think you are an idiot, but I think this post kindly articulates the feelings of many on this forum, including mine.
    Aww my feelings are hurt. You are the troll that is causing arguments in this thread.

ITT stuck up pricks that don't understand the fact that cars are ment to be enjoyed.
    Last edited by iwannabeam3; 06-08-2012 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    E36
    ugh, this thread is sucking - lol classic BF bickering.

OP, just don't throw out those seats for some other seats, they're sweet exactly as they are. I'd love to get them as my vaders are starting to wear through.

(hint hint pm me if you do want to get rid of them).

Regardless, have fun with the car - you can always return it to how it is now if the stance thing doesn't float your boat.
    BMW CCA Illini Chapter Vice President
    1995 M3
    - My Favorite DIY's and FAQ's

Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast