For Sale: 2001 BMW Z3 M Coupe
Price: $24,000
Exterior Color: Estoril Blue
Interior Color: Estoril Blue/Black
Engine: S54 3.2L Inline 6. Rated at 315hp/261tq
Miles: approx 141,000
Vin#: WBSCN93491LK60083

For sale is my 2001 BMW M coupe. This has been a great car; fun to drive, reliable, and a head turner. I am selling to finish my E30 M3 project. I bought the car about 4 years ago from San Diego, California. From the son of the 2nd owner. Upon arrival to Wichita I replaced the following: Water pump, Thermostat, Fan Clutch, and Instrument Cluster. Currently the Odometer reads 27,XXX miles, but there is the correct sticker stating the Odometer was replaced at 114,000 miles. I was not able to transfer the original miles to the new instrument cluster. I also performed a BMW Inspection II shortly after arriving which includes an oil service, transmission and differential fluid change, intake air filter, and a valve adjustment. In the past 4 years I've put approx 30,000 miles on the car. The engine oil has always been changed between 5,000-8,000 miles with Castrol TWS 10-60. The brakes were replaced last summer with all OEM components(Pads/rotors/wear sensors) and brake fluid was flushed. Last summer I also did another valve adjustment, replaced spark plugs, and changed the transmission and differential fluids to an AMSoil product. The fuel pump failed last summer, so a fuel pump and fuel filter were installed. I am a BMW Master Technician and have performed all of the maintenance myself, and have receipts to show work I have performed.

The Coupe is not all stock, however. I purchased the car with some modifications performed, but all tasteful and useful changes. The previous owner autocrossed the car and participated in a few HPDE track days. The modifications include: Racing Dynamics Front/Rear adjustable sway bars. Koni Adjustable struts/shocks. H&R sport springs(vehicle does sit approx. 1.5-2inches lower than stock). Front adjustable camber/caster plates. UUC Lightweight flywheel with OEM M5 clutch for better bite/larger friction surface. Since owning the vehicle I replaced the clutch slave cylinder with a stock OEM part, and also replaced the clutch pedal with a stronger Mason Engineering metal clutch pedal. The OEM plastic pedals are known to wear and cause clutch engagement issues. I have added a Billy Boat(B&B) Triflow cat-back exhaust system, and replica Super Sprint Race headers. I have the factory headers for the vehicle, and would be happy to reinstall them due to a check engine light being on for oxygen sensors. This can be fixed by purchasing aftermarket software that will also add more hp/tq. I have not dynoed the car with the headers installed, but others have indicated a 10-15hp increase with headers alone.

The overall condition of the vehicle is good. The car is 11 years old, and has seen its share of highway/track use. The front bumper and hood could use a repaint due to rock chips, but they are by no means damaged or defective. The previous owners son told me the hood, bumper, and left front wing had been repainted due to a truck backing into the car, but no damage beyond cosmetic. 2 years ago I was side-swiped while turning left and had damage to the drivers door and drivers rear fender. The vehicle was repaired and painted at AutoCraft, and done well. The roof has some light scratches from previous owners setting things on top. The passenger side of the vehicle has 4 or 5 very light door dings that were previous PDR'd but from certain angle can see ever so slightly. There is one ding on the lower/rear part of the door that has chipped the paint. The rear bumper is perfect. For a vehicle this age it still shines with no swirl marks or hazing.

The interior is also in great shape, with normal seat wear on drivers outside seat bolster. There is also a 1inch cut in the drivers seat back from seat belt buckle piercing the leather while entering the vehicle last winter. The rest of the interior looks good for an 11 year old car. No cracks in the dashboard, and the door panels are still tight, no cracking. This vehicle has the two tone blue/black interior, which adds to the european/sporty feel of the car. The radio has not been changed, the factory BMW CD player and Harmon/Kardon amp and speakers are still in place. Some of the pixels on the radio display have failed, which is common for warmer climate vehicles.

That is pretty much it, again this car is rare. It is only one of 6 blue on blue/black S54 cars without a sunroof. The engine does have slightly higher mileage, but I have never had a problem and have enjoyed several track days without incident. Currently the vehicle has 19" AC Schnitzer wheels, but I will be re-powdercoating the stock wheels and installing them for the sale. My price is $24,000. Do not hesitate to email me or call me with questions or if you would like to see the car. I do have more pictures of the car, and am waiting on the wheels to be refinished. Thankyou.

Kyle Koser
kylekoser@hotmail.com

This thread will be updated with more photos soon.