Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: ///BMWoW's Official Build Thread

My Cars
    00 BMW 328i, 05 Jeep Lib

///BMWoW's Official Build Thread

Hey what's up guys?! I had been thinking about posting such thread for a while. Had I known that i was gonna mod my car, i would have posted this thread a lot earlier and be updating it as the mods added and this would be so much fun. Then again, I still have like %70 more ways to go, so she is gonna be wicked! So I wanted to share my car's progress and some of my mod's. Stay tuned!!!

I bought it on 11/11/11(such a great day, I can't forget). I bought it from a dealership person who was pretending to be just an individual. I didn't like him. I was able to contact her first and only owner before this dealership, he was an older businessman in Rhode Island. He maintained the car so well that it was ridiculously mint! He didn't have wife or kids or pets. And as he told me, all these years no one ever sat on the back seats! It had 128k miles on it and I bought it for 5 grand. So I am feeling very lucky!

-The pic I saved from craigslist

-The first mod, of course %30 tints all around.

-Smoked side markers, license plate frames and stupid tow hook(what was I thinking)

-Worst mod ever!! Some ebay headlights. The story; well i was new to the new gen BMW's and all i know was my father's E30, which i never got to enjoy enough. I had been seeing Angel Eyes on BMW's for quite some time but did not have any idea about them. I should have made my search on the forum about AE's, rather than trying to find them on ebay! So i found these which I thought everyone have on their cars! As soon as I posted pics on the forum, I got raped! and learned the hard way that these were not the ones that I was supposed to get, AE's were retrofitted to the stock headlights. http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1748035

-I liked this trunk lip mod a lot!

-Pulled the trigger on both smoked corner/sidemarker lights and Weisslicht AE's!!

-Yay! The Lord of The Mods - BBS Le Mans rep wheels! Which has changed the whole look of the car!!! I love them.
    18x8,5 Fronts
    18x9 Rears

-Smoked LED tail lights!

-Plasti dipped the bumper trim due to the fading! I posted up on the forum and got raped the 2nd time, finding out that there's actually a product named Back To Black.(See i don't ask and pollute the forum, at least my own DIY ideas lol)http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1770864

-How about an M3 style bumper?!

-Made my own license plate bracket out of the tow hook I could not stand.
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1774715

-While doing sharpie mod and gauge rings, I found out that the previous owner who happens to be the dealership guy who i didn't like, cheated me! He covered the cluster lights such as check engine light, airbag, dsc etc etc etc
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1780878

-Got famous, i don't know how

-Plasti Dipped the kidney grill.

-Got an OEM roof rack and retrofitted yakima fairing on it. I haven't had the chance to carry my bikes or etc on it, so as i was guessing I bought the sucker just for the looks

t
    Last edited by BMWoW; 05-22-2012 at 12:44 AM.

My Cars
    00 BMW 328i, 05 Jeep Lib

continue...

-Remus exhaust installed! Disappointed with the sound, I would like sth more grawly. It sounds like a stock ZHP lol

- Vanos done! Lots of fun!

-V 1 (valentine one) radar detector, can't go wrong with that lol. I actually sold this one to Apollo and soon afterwards he blew his motor! Then I bought another of course!

-Maintenance, maintenance, maintenance of course. uohh and i plasti dipped my stock wheels just for fun for a little while

-Eurofest rocked this year! I won the raffle prize Paul Miller BMW interior trim wrap. They did an awesome job! I love it!

So all this fit in a 6 month old period. Stay tuned and let's see where this is going...!!
    Last edited by BMWoW; 05-19-2012 at 10:11 AM.

My Cars
    2000 328ci. 1989 325i
    You picked that car up for 5grand what a steal!.
    The car that started it all.

My Cars
    00 BMW 328i, 05 Jeep Lib
    yep.. I negotiate over anything(my mom does that a lot), I got him to reduce $1300 just because it had a tiny bit of a scratch on the left front door and a 5 inch crack on the windshield lol

My Cars
    2000 328ci. 1989 325i
    Wow! good bargaining skills man i wish i paid that much for my 328 compared to what you paid for your car makes me sad i paid 8999 for 128,000. lets say it wasn't in the best hands either but i'm working on it still got over 145,000 now and still rolling..
    The car that started it all.

My Cars
    00 BMW 328i, 05 Jeep Lib
    money is no question for these cars. they worth every penny that is spent on them. amazing cars. also we are lucky that we can get these cars for very little amount of money because in most European countries they cost about twice or even 3 times more than how much they cost here!

My Cars
    2011 BMW 335i (E92)
    great progress so far, car looks grreat!... thank the lord you got rid of the eBay head lights! I dont recall that tread but be damn sure I would of been one of the rapees if i would of seen that lol
    My Previous Vehicle - In the Edmonton/Northern AB Area? We're having a meet... Click Here

My Cars
    03 330i ZHP 6MT
    Great thread WoW. Good job with everything!

My Cars
    00 BMW 328i, 05 Jeep Lib
    Quote Originally Posted by esberelias View Post
    great progress so far, car looks grreat!... thank the lord you got rid of the eBay head lights! I dont recall that tread but be damn sure I would of been one of the rapees if i would of seen that lol
    hahahha I know you would of!.. Thank you Well I was uneducated and young at the moment GOD they look hideous!! That's why I am so much against eBay now, whenever sb intends on buying sth on there, I go, "NO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by e3thekid View Post
    Great thread WoW. Good job with everything!
    Thanks man! I myself have always enjoyed reading other people's build threads. It's so much fun!

My Cars
    03 325i, 02 Jetta
    it looks nice..so 00's didn't have sports or manual mode? it looks a bit weird to see a BMW with just the P-R-N-D-2..

My Cars
    2004 M3
    I really like your car, but honestly you need the chrome kindey grilles to pop the front end a little more!

My Cars
    00 BMW 328i, 05 Jeep Lib
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin 03 325i View Post
    it looks nice..so 00's didn't have sports or manual mode? it looks a bit weird to see a BMW with just the P-R-N-D-2..
    nope I really hate that. My next mod will probably be removing that whole panel and put a manual shift leather boot and this(http://www.beastpower.com/p/bmw/auto.../BI-BE-CFSHIFT) or BMW Performance Automatic Shift Knob.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neds Bimmer View Post
    I really like your car, but honestly you need the chrome kindey grilles to pop the front end a little more!
    Thanks man. You car gives me goose bumps Ohh you know what ned.. lately I have been feeling the same. I think chrome does make it look more aggressive, not sporty but aggressive(beefy). It s plasti dip anyway. I might rock the chrome for a while and can always switch back to black lol

My Cars
    2003 BMW M3
    Very nice, keep it up!!!

2003 ///M3 6spd Jet Black/Cinnamon | BC Racing Coils | VMR VB3's | Coby Wheel |
    (I Loan Valve Adjustment Tools! PM me...)

My Cars
    03 325i, 02 Jetta
    Here is a pic of what I did with my auto

Before

After

I would recommend it

My Cars
    03 330i ZHP 6MT
    ^^^^ that is sick

My Cars
    00 BMW 328i, 05 Jeep Lib
    hey you a$$, I asked you about how you did it! You never replied! Send me a DIY or something! It looks awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by 328ci906 View Post
    Very nice, keep it up!!!
    Thanks for checking up! Ohh yes I will!
    Last edited by BMWoW; 05-19-2012 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2002 330Ci
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWoW
    hey you a$$, I asked you about how you did it! You never replied! Send me a DIY or something! It looks awesome!

Thanks for checking up! Ohh yes I will!
    I bet he did this

-got the new shifter from ECS
    -tugged his old shifter off
    -put his new one on

hahaha

Love what you have done with it so far!!! Now morrrrrrrr lowwwwww :p

My Cars
    03 325i, 02 Jetta
    Dude, I totally missed your question..sorry..well in my case its a bit different, as mine already has a mini boot/sports mode and manual mode..So all i had to do was that I pulled the shifter knob up, removed the boot/trim (by pulling it as well) tucked the wires to the side, put the manual boot in (with a zip tie at the top, in the inside, an pushed the new knob in, all within 5 mins..now on your case I dont know how the trim that is around the shifter works, I dont know if it has more of a purpose than mine had (pretty much just for indicating gear, NOT to guide the shifter)..

My Cars
    00 BMW 328i, 05 Jeep Lib
    Quote Originally Posted by 4PotZ3 View Post
    I bet he did this

-got the new shifter from ECS
    -tugged his old shifter off
    -put his new one on

hahaha

Love what you have done with it so far!!! Now morrrrrrrr lowwwwww :p
    Well yeah definitely need moar low!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin 03 325i View Post
    Dude, I totally missed your question..sorry..well in my case its a bit different, as mine already has a mini boot/sports mode and manual mode..So all i had to do was that I pulled the shifter knob up, removed the boot/trim (by pulling it as well) tucked the wires to the side, put the manual boot in (with a zip tie at the top, in the inside, an pushed the new knob in, all within 5 mins..now on your case I dont know how the trim that is around the shifter works, I dont know if it has more of a purpose than mine had (pretty much just for indicating gear, NOT to guide the shifter)..
    It's ok, thanks man! I think I will have to improvise but it's pretty much the same idea so I guess I will be fine. I will have to figure out sth with the e-brake, because I am going to use black leather shift boot but e-brake boot is tan, so I will also have to do black there. I could actually leave them tan but I can't because I am going to recolor the whole interior into black & burgundy!!! Ohh my!! I was going to keep this project as a surprise!

My Cars
    2002 330Ci
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin 03 325i
    Yeah basically we have the updated shifters since he bought his hence we have boots on ours.

You have the older style like my Z3 so you can change the shifter no problem all you have to do is pull on it an it comes off. But you can't use a boot on yours so all you would do is pull up on the shifter and then replace it with the new one by pushing it in

My Cars
    00 BMW 328i, 05 Jeep Lib
    That sounds great, let's roll!!

Sent from my iPhone using BF.com

My Cars
    1999 BMW 323i
    Remember when I said I wanted my car to look like yours? This thread is my DIY xD
    IG: ZeeZooM3

My Cars
    00 BMW 328i, 05 Jeep Lib
    -Ok guys, ZeeZoo and I went for a long ride to pick up some goodies from a guy who just sold his E46, he had tons of stuff, including black dashboard and door panels and etc. I will pick those up later for my interior project. Scored a hood bra for now

My Cars
    00 BMW 328i, 05 Jeep Lib
    - Painted my high beams for a meaner look. Terrible light output but it looks pretty good. I never got to use my high beams, so it's all fine. New York city is bright enough anyway lol

- Made my own bumper lip!!! Cost me about $25 (Home Depot - "More Saving, More Doing" ) It took me about 10 mins to prep and install. Pretty cool, cheap mod and it will apply to any bumper. It will satisfy me until I pull the trigger on a nice genuine splitter!

- I know it sounds pretty crazy plastidipping a car!! but ohh well, i did it and here is the story. I was going to black out my chrome window trim. I masked it and applied it pretty well, but when i pulled the masking out, i don't know how it happened but apparently i saw that the body got plastidipped as well. So i got pissed and said f it!, and sprayed it all over the car. When it dried it looked pretty cool so i peeled it off and masked the whole car again and plastidipped it lol! Here are some pics...

My Cars
    03 325i, 02 Jetta
    WTF..I am speechless..I don't know if I like it or not..not that it matters what I think but..that sure takes some balls to even try it..props I guess.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast