Thread: RMS Supercharger intake pipe = No Ellipsoids

My Cars
    1998 M3 SEDAN

RMS Supercharger intake pipe = No Ellipsoids

Guys,

I tried putting on the Eruopean Ellipsoids awhile back (ZKW) and the back of the ZKW would hit the RMS intake tubing (The one from the K&N air filter to the Vortech supercharger). Osh wanted like $200.00 and a day or 2 with my car to custom make me a tubing that would allow me to fit the Ellipsoids. I just wanted to know if any of you had the same problem, or know anyone that actually got it to work and how? I'm willing to purchase a new custom made intake tubing, just not for $200.

Another question. The K&N filter supplied by RMS had a part number of B050A6. Do you know where I can purchase a new one as mine has a small tear it in? Or do you recommended a differnt brand/type like the foam types?

Thanks,
    Josh
    1998 M3 RMS STAGE 2 SC - NICKG TUNED                     BBS RXII 18x8.5
    GROUND CONTROL RACE COILOVER (325/450)         GROUND CONTROL CAMBER/CASTER PLATES

My Cars
    '98 M3
    Some people modify the back of the ellipsoid in order to clear the intake pipe. I would probably look into this before paying $200 for the new intake pipe.

My Cars
    BMW E36 M3 Cabrio '95
    You can remove the small electric motor for adjustments... and make adjustments only manual...
    Voila... it will be enough space
    CRISTIAN
    ----------------------
    Powered by: M3 S50 US Special, OBD 1, Euro Radiator, Euro Oil Cooler, Iridium NGKs, Plasma Coils
    Bored & Stroked by HIOP: 3203cmc, Low CR Pistons, Bigger Cams, Headers, Free Flow Exhaust
    Supercharged by RMS: 12psi, Stage 3 Software, Aftercooler, 42lb Injectors, 3.5" HFM
    410hp/503Nm, 0-100Km/h ... 4,6s; 0-200Km/h ... 14,8s. Read my story, Update: DYNO TEST V-Tech

My Cars
    2006 E55 AMG
    our euro lights dont have motors for adjustment.

I got a reducer pipe to clear the lights. RMS included it with the install. I *think* the regular pipe will clear if you remove the backing plate from the lights.

RENNtech 168mm Pulley and Tune | VRP Carbon Fiber Airbox | JP Shorty Headers | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | RENNtech Digital Lowering Module | 19" HRE 547R
    459 RWHP, 522 RWT

My Cars
    '99 Alpine White M3
    Hey, Youse Guys.. Get your priorities straight... Do you want to SEE, or do you want to Go Fast!!!
    '11 AW 135i ; Sold: '99 White M3 81k mi; Dinan SC kit, 6"/3.48" sc pulleys, Aftercooler: 10.5 psi-367 SAE rwhp/304 rwftlbs @80 degrees ambient (still with OBDII manifold & stock cats); DynoTuning by Nick G (techniquetuning.com); Speed Shop: Imported Cars of Stamford; AA-Aquamist Water Injection, exhaust, clutch; Fikse FM-10s; Koni Suspension; Stealthboxes

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/boostm3/

My Cars
    04 330iZHP, 05 325iT
    My InPros wouldn't fit. First I ensured that the air filter was as far back as posible. Knowing that many others had fit ellipsoids with their Superchargers, I started cutting. First to go was the factory adjustment knob. The farther in the lights went, the more I had to trim. But, what the heck, they are only InPros. I continued trimming, heating and bending until they fit. When I was done, I was left with a hole where the factory adjustment knob used to be and a dent with a hole in the back cover. It's just a matter of time until the weather finishes what I started. I never liked my InPros anyway.

My Cars
    BMW E36 M3 Cabrio '95
    CRISTIAN
    ----------------------