Thread: Diagnosis bus error

My Cars
    95 840ci 01M5 05 X5 4.4

Diagnosis bus error

Hi guys,
    Any of you ever experience this problem and how do I resolve this your input would be great help. (DIAGNOSIS BUS ERROR COMMUNICATION BETWEEN OPERATING UNIT AND DIAGNOSTIC HEAD IS IMPAIRED) ERROR NUMBER 200.166.
    Last edited by cura; 04-30-2012 at 07:38 PM. Reason: correction to title

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    DIS is not seeing your diagnostic head. Assuming your installation passed the initial API test and you are using the correct interface for your car, eiither you have an antivirus or firewall program running, did not start the IFHSrv32 before starting DIS, are running a version of EDIABAS later than v6.4.7 or have not configured Ediabas.ini correctly.

My Cars
    95 840ci 01M5 05 X5 4.4
    Thanks I will check it tomorrow.

My Cars
    95 840ci 01M5 05 X5 4.4
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    DIS is not seeing your diagnostic head. Assuming your installation passed the initial API test and you are using the correct interface for your car, eiither you have an antivirus or firewall program running, did not start the IFHSrv32 before starting DIS, are running a version of EDIABAS later than v6.4.7 or have not configured Ediabas.ini correctly.
    Thanks David Mc system backup and running. I had to make a short cut to ifhsrv32.exe and i make sure both the diaghead emulator and the ifhsrv32 is running before starting my virtual machine. Thanks for the help.

My Cars
    540i/AT 03/2002 ExclEdt
    I`m having the same problem. I get everything to work. Inpa and ediabas is running ok, Carsoft is running ok.

I start ifhr then START diaghead then power on Dis V57, then RUN diaghead, then I go to Admin inside Dis and enable connecting, I get the 2 antennas working at the top part of DIS.

Theres a symbol on the top part of the DIS that looks like a battery, when I start the program it is filled (full) But when I try to id my car I get the 200 166 error ( diaghead impaired)

Firewall its disabled, I followed all the instructions, Inpa is running great. What am I`m missing ?

My Cars
    2000 BMW 320CI
    Please help. I have the same problems

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    If you had followed all the instructions you would not even be using a Diaghead emulator.