Thread: X3 Wind noise and Road noise

My Cars
    2013 BMW X3 xDrive28i

Unhappy X3 Wind noise and Road noise

Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie here with my first so a big hello to everyone!

I have an 2013 X3, 28 Xi. From the time I took delivery of the car, I felt that the cabin was not quiet and I could hear the road/wind noise. Is that a common issue with X3?

My Cars
    The X3's are a "cheaper" car than say an X5, 5 series, or 7 series. They typically have less sound insulation, and therefore will likely have more noise. The only way to know for sure if your's was excessive is to compare a couple cars back to back. Also is the sunshade open? They tend to make a lot more wind noise, as the shade acts as a sound insulator from the sunroof when closed.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    2012 x3i

Airamd outside sound noise.

I just got 2012 x35i, I have same problem,sounds like a door not fully closed. Passenger side only, drivers side ok. Any ideas?

My Cars
    2012 x3i
    Did you find a solution? I have same problem, going to dealer monday.

My Cars
    2006 BMW x3
    yeah this has been a downside to the x3. The road and wind noise (esp when the roof rack is on top!) are atrocious!

Has anyone tried any wind dams? I remember back in the 80's the 5 series had some really bad window whistling that was easy solved with some black plastic wind dams that hooked right onto the door. Maybe a similar solution could be used for the x3?

Hope this is fixed for the 2013 models

My Cars
    2013 BMW X3 xDrive28i

X3 Wind noise and Road noise

I picked up my 2013 X3 28i two weeks ago and I have the same problem with wind noise. It seems to be coming from the drivers side. I noticed the wind noise both at high and low speeds. I am taking the vehicle in on Saturday to have it checked.

My Cars
    2011 328i Sedan

X3 Wind Noise

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 63 View Post
    I picked up my 2013 X3 28i two weeks ago and I have the same problem with wind noise. It seems to be coming from the drivers side. I noticed the wind noise both at high and low speeds. I am taking the vehicle in on Saturday to have it checked.
    Let us know what they can do for you. I'm interested in buying the 2013 X3 as well. I'm tired of my current car being so noisy.

My Cars
    x5 2009
    I also have an x5, fully loaded, sunroof has wind noise. apparently there is a kit you can get or a very thin seal that you can apply to cut that wind noise out.