Thread: *** E46 M3 N/A water/meth***

My Cars
    2003 BMW M3 6spd

*** E46 M3 N/A water/meth***

Im looking into installing snow performance meth kit!
    I have been searching but theres some old threads I don't care about!
    its 2012 and I want a update of this project to diy and any goods or bads!

My Cars
    2005 BMW M3 ZCP
    I have also searched and nada! have you contacted Snow Performance directly and asked for any specific info in regards to our application? Im assuming this for NA correct? Only thread I found was on M5board with NA E39 M5 that has owned the kit for 8 trouble free months.

My Cars
    BMW 2002
    What do you want to know? Buy a MAF based kit and the rest is straigth foward... But honnestly I've had those on some of my F/I cars and dropped it, on the m3 if I was going to spend that kind of money I'd just go Nitrous....

My Cars
    No BMW yet
    I personally have never been able to grasp how you make water/methanol injection work on something naturally aspirated

But snow performance is the way to go regardless

Contact them- they should be able to point you in the right direction

My Cars
    BMW 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by XanRa View Post
    I personally have never been able to grasp how you make water/methanol injection work on something naturally aspirated

But snow performance is the way to go regardless

Contact them- they should be able to point you in the right direction
    You still get the same advantages: Lower intake temp and higher detonation tolerance. The problem is honnestly without a tune for it, there's not much to gain and with a tune for it, you're always refilling the damn thing.

Even on my F/I cars I eventually got fed up and just used N02 instead, if you're gonna have to refill something at least make it worth it.

My Cars
    2005 BMW M3 ZCP
    The snow performance kit has a handheld unit that goes in the cabin which i'm assuming is all you need for a "tune". If you caught this weeks episode of Hotrod tv they installed this kit on a Charger and did a before and after run on a dyno and it added 40 Wheel HP

I think the OP wants to know how come we haven't seen our NA E46M3's with this kit or if it's even possible to run these kits on our cars. I have a friend that has a Vishnu kit Water/Meth kit on his E90M3 but he has a piggyback tune. I would assume you would need a custom tune for this to work but the Snow Performance kit looks like it can be done with the handheld unit.

I am curious to see if any one with first hand NA experience can chime in

My Cars
    BMW 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gab24m3 View Post
    The snow performance kit has a handheld unit that goes in the cabin which i'm assuming is all you need for a "tune". If you caught this weeks episode of Hotrod tv they installed this kit on a Charger and did a before and after run on a dyno and it added 40 Wheel HP

I think the OP wants to know how come we haven't seen our NA E46M3's with this kit or if it's even possible to run these kits on our cars. I have a friend that has a Vishnu kit Water/Meth kit on his E90M3 but he has a piggyback tune. I would assume you would need a custom tune for this to work but the Snow Performance kit looks like it can be done with the handheld unit.

I am curious to see if any one with first hand NA experience can chime in
    That unit is simply to slect when and how much flow you want, doesn't do anything for the tune of the car itself.

It sure is possible to run those kit in our car. It isn't any different than any other car, but the gains will be minimal. You migth gain a little power from less timing pull but that's about it. Not worth the trouble.

My Cars
    2005 BMW M3 ZCP
    Spoke to Snow performance and just like Vw Alex said...without a tune it be pretty much pointless. i asked if they new a tuner for these on our cars and the answer was no. I wonder if Evolve or one of the Supercharger manufacturers have a NA Water/Meth tune?

My Cars
    BMW 2002
    Epic Motorsport could probably do it, but then if you ran out you could risk some detonnation and honnestly for that kind of money there's much more bang for the buck to be had.

My Cars
    2005 BMW M3 ZCP
    So that's why my buddy always has extra gallons of
    Meth in his trunk